You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Nothing worse than poor customer service - maybe Im getting grumpy but Ive started letting managers know why Im voting with my feet and leaving somewhere (i.e. a pub that has girls busy checking their phones behind the counter instead of serving a drink) or businesses that have started to rest on their laurels and are providing crap service.

There are places that actually want your money, and want your business.

pintsofguinness

Oh yeah, dicks  standing chatting and starring at their phones gets right up my nose.

You never see it over here though. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Onion Bag

Xmas tree Lights, the way you take them out every year and they are all knotted, spent half an hour last night trying to get them untangled, ended up f**king them in the bin and going and buying a new set  >:(
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Hardy

And how come they don't work, even though they were grand when you took them down last January? What happens to them sitting in the attic?

under the bar

My wife buys new sets each Christmas which I think is a bit of a waste but they are so cheap now.   49p in tescos or maybe it's Ikea.

illdecide

You know what grinds my ears "people who buy new lights for their christmas trees every year rather than untangle them" they prob buy a new tree too when the rest of us couldn't afford a train ticket to Portydown ;) :P :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Gnevin

Quote from: Hardy on December 02, 2008, 02:42:21 PM
And how come they don't work, even though they were grand when you took them down? What happens to them sitting in the attic?
I heard its because they are very cold from the attic and when you plug them in they blow. It's apparently meant to help if you leave them at room temperature for a while .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Onion Bag

Quote from: illdecide on December 02, 2008, 03:38:10 PM
You know what grinds my ears "people who buy new lights for their christmas trees every year rather than untangle them" they prob buy a new tree too when the rest of us couldn't afford a train ticket to Portydown ;) :P :D

You know yourself when everything is going away, it is just shoved into boxes and forgotton about,

I didnt buy a tree just lights
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Hardy

Quote from: Gnevin on December 02, 2008, 03:40:37 PM
Quote from: Hardy on December 02, 2008, 02:42:21 PM
And how come they don't work, even though they were grand when you took them down? What happens to them sitting in the attic?
I heard its because they are very cold from the attic and when you plug them in they blow. It's apparently meant to help if you leave them at room temperature for a while .

That makes sense, now that you say it.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Very good hardy - just the tonic for a tuesday marnin'

pintsofguinness

By Christmas tree sits decorated in the spare room. Every year, after much nagging from the nephew, it's lifted in to the sitting room and plugged in, then in January it's unplugged and put back in the spare room. 
I highly recommend this method.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

SidelineKick

I hate pricks with no manners. The bitch I was behind in the queue for a sandwich today was a real ignorant ****.  She asked for about 4 separate tubs of stuff in 4 different goes and each time she never once said please or thank you.  The last tub of potato salad she took off the girl behind the counter she was shouting for her son in a real annoying (fake) posh accent and didnt even look at the girl just snapped it off her.

As I was on my way to pay for my stuff Miss Cuntface was standing browsing the food with her trolley taking up the middle of the isle.  I push it away out of my road and don't think she was very pleased.  Immature? Yes. Satisfying? Most definitely.  Im very glad she didnt say anything because I would have lit on her. I hate rude people.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.