You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

QuotePolitical correctness gone mad.

Someone I know nipped into a coffee shop to grab a quick cup on the way to work.  He asked the girl behind the counter for a cup of black coffee.  The employee (who was black) asked him to rephrase it and said "Do you mind asking for a cup of coffee without milk?"

Thats some d**k with a chip on their shoulder.  I would have lost it.

I find that story pretty hard to believe unless the waitress was having a joke.

SidelineKick

No, he said he was in a complete state of shock.  Even when he had left with his "coffee without milk" he started to think he maybe had said something to insult her.  Some people are just pr**ks.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Hardy

What can we call the Black-and-Tans now?

"Come out ye bastards- without-milk-and-Tans ..."?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Hardy on November 17, 2008, 12:22:22 PM
Grilling sausages.   They curl up meaning you can't roll them a quarter turn to get them evenly cooked.    You get 2 quadrants fully cooked while then other 2 quadrants are still half raw.

Stab them on the inside curve.

Don't mention it.

Throw them on the George
You'll Never Walk Alone.

SidelineKick

:D was actually thinking of other scenarios like that.  What happens if you want a black car how do you tell the salesman that without being PC?!  Maybe if you just point to it I would say.  Air on the side of caution.

Maybe he asked for a n***er coffee!  :o

Reported.

full back

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 17, 2008, 02:03:40 PM
Grilling sausages.   They curl up meaning you can't roll them a quarter turn to get them evenly cooked.    You get 2 quadrants fully cooked while then other 2 quadrants are still half raw.

Don't mention it.

Throw them on the George

Wonder can pog use the George yet :D

Canalman

People buying drinks in pubs with laser cards. Delays others getting their round in. Massive breach of pub etiquette imo.

lurganblue

Quote from: Canalman on November 17, 2008, 02:07:08 PM
People buying drinks in pubs with laser cards. Delays others getting their round in. Massive breach of pub etiquette imo.

thats not so bad when they do it the once but if they carry on doing it through out the day/night thats when it becomes tiresome. ffs go to the nearest cash machine or ask for cash back the first time at the bar.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Canalman on November 17, 2008, 02:07:08 PM

People buying a paper in a shop with a laser/credit card is just as annoying..
Its usually someone in a suit buying the Irish Independent I find
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Weird old women who grab me in the streets and say 'how cute'. f**k off would you!!!  >:(
Testing Accessibility

SidelineKick

You could maybe get a bit of action off them Ziggy! How old are we talking?

Reported.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: FermGael on November 17, 2008, 12:07:45 PM
People who believe that on the motorway, the left lane is for the slow drivers and the outside lane for the even slower driver  >:(

A flash of the lights usually sorts them out...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

pintsofguinness

Quote from: full back on November 17, 2008, 02:05:58 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 17, 2008, 02:03:40 PM

Don't mention it.

Throw them on the George
Wonder can pog use the George yet :D
I could always use it, it was just that everything kept getting stuck on it!

Dont talk to me about dicks paying for a packet of chewing gum with a credit card!

Ignorant c***ts grind my gears. Going to work this morning and driving up this narrow road (only room for one lane of traffic) and there was this lorry stopped with the back opened up blocking the whole road. 
This **** started to wave his arms and scream obscenties (I could read his lips) as soon as he seen me! (He could at least wait until he gets to know me) and then he had to close up the back of the lorry, stopping every couple of seconds to shout in my direction before he drove off in a temper.  I wouldnt mind but at this stage there were two queues of traffic waiting to get around the the ****.  What did he think was going to happen when he blocked off the road?  ???
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gabriel_Hurl

Useless hoors getting my burger order wrong  >:(