You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Sideline - couples no longer need to have sexual intercourse to create children. So I dont think that point stands - and in any case, there is little chance of the world being over run by gays. Especially not while you and your mates are running around ;)

Our team do all the same things, although some of us are older and married, so the chasing girls bit doesnt happen. Our captain and his partner come with us, and the craic is the same as it is on teams where Ive played, where Ive assumed everyone is straight.

The point about kids is a mixed bag - how many children come from broken homes, how many live in broken homes, how many get subjected to the endless stream of loser boyfriends that the single mum picks up, or how many deal with alcoholic parents.

Just because parents are mummy and daddy doesnt automagically make it a complete and perfect setting. Why shouldnt two people of the same sex who are solid citizens be afforded the chance to give kids a better life? It is exprememly unfair if they are taken away from a perfect heterosexual situation - but in adoption that is not the case. These kids need homes - and some great hetero and homosexual couples are good enough people to provide those homes.

I understand your thoughts on gays - but having good friends (and a cousin) who are of that persuausion - I think the good majority of them deserve a little more than to be called "Queers" by a faceless name on an annonymous board is why I mentioned it in the first place.

SidelineKick

Quote from: Zapatista on November 04, 2008, 03:25:43 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on November 04, 2008, 03:19:50 PM
My point in bold is very relevant Puck. If it is right and acceptable, IF the entire world ended up being gay then life would end. 

And if we were all born without dicks life would end. Thankfully we are not.

Good contribution  ::)

Quote from: Puckoon on November 04, 2008, 03:27:43 PM
is little chance of the world being over run by gays. Especially not while you and your mates are running around ;)

:D We're not gay bashers now Puck!

You make some good points about the family life and I do take them on board, and in no way do I think that mummy + daddy = happy childhood.  I wouldnt say I am narrow minded but I know in my life any of my close friends if they were to turn gay, would completely change the way they would be able to live their life.  I dont know many gay gaelic footballers.

As for the "queers" comment, i make no apology.  Yes at this moment i am a faceless name but Puck if I was to meet you in a bar I would tell you the exact same. (and hope you wouldnt try to slip one in me  ;) :D)
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

SidelineKick

Missed a point:

Like the US elections at the moment, the majority of people are syaing they will vote for Obama, so as not to appear racist.  In the provacy of the polling station I belive that differs vastly. Likewise I know alot of people who say they dont mind gays etc but I know for a fact if a gay person was to start chatting to them in a bar or stop with them on the street they would feel extremely uncomfortable and embarrassed if anyone they knew was to see them.

I do believe you have genuine reasons and opinions as not not care either way, but like the elections alot of people like to stay PC in the public realm.

Reported.

ziggysego

Quote from: SidelineKick on November 04, 2008, 03:44:46 PM
Missed a point:

Like the US elections at the moment, the majority of people are syaing they will vote for Obama, so as not to appear racist.  In the provacy of the polling station I belive that differs vastly. Likewise I know alot of people who say they dont mind gays etc but I know for a fact if a gay person was to start chatting to them in a bar or stop with them on the street they would feel extremely uncomfortable and embarrassed if anyone they knew was to see them.

I do believe you have genuine reasons and opinions as not not care either way, but like the elections alot of people like to stay PC in the public realm.

I've been chatted up by a bloke or two in time. Politely said no and I wasn't in the slightest embarrassed.

I did wonder, where the frick are all the women?  :D
Testing Accessibility

SidelineKick

Quote from: ziggysego on November 04, 2008, 03:47:35 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on November 04, 2008, 03:44:46 PM
Missed a point:

I've been chatted up by a bloke or two in time. Politely said no and I wasn't in the slightest embarrassed.

I did wonder, where the frick are all the women?  :D

What kind of bar were you in Ziggy?  :D

Reported.

illdecide

Quote from: full back on November 04, 2008, 02:28:50 PM
Quote from: illdecide on November 04, 2008, 02:24:11 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 04, 2008, 01:13:09 PM
As bad as you are illdecide you never threatened me or threatened to disclose personal details.

when you're 5'5" and 8 1/2 stone i'm not in any position to threaten anyone...

:D :D
You wish illdecide
Was that 20 years ago when you were 16 :D

Alright alright 6' and 15 stone. ya can get away will feck all on this board... :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Zapatista

Quote from: SidelineKick on November 04, 2008, 03:38:17 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on November 04, 2008, 03:25:43 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on November 04, 2008, 03:19:50 PM
My point in bold is very relevant Puck. If it is right and acceptable, IF the entire world ended up being gay then life would end. 

And if we were all born without dicks life would end. Thankfully we are not.

Good contribution  ::)

It is up there with saying

QuoteIF the entire world ended up being gay then life would end.

SidelineKick

Yeah but I dont think anyone is debating whether or not we should be born without dicks????

Reported.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Zapatista

Quote from: SidelineKick on November 04, 2008, 03:53:40 PM
Yeah but I dont think anyone is debating whether or not we should be born without dicks????

Are you debating whether people should be born Gay?

SidelineKick

I dont think you are a stupid person, but you are doing a damn good job putting yourself across as just that.

There is a chance that gradually the entire population could become gay, I dont however think that gradually or otherwise all males will be born without dicks.

Reported.

Zapatista

Quote from: SidelineKick on November 04, 2008, 04:23:48 PM
I dont think you are a stupid person, but you are doing a damn good job putting yourself across as just that.

There is a chance that gradually the entire population could become gay, I dont however think that gradually or otherwise all males will be born without dicks.

Why not? Puckoon reckons we don't need intercourse to reproduce. Would eveloution not make our dicks fall off if we don't need them?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

full back

Quote from: Zapatista on November 04, 2008, 04:26:11 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on November 04, 2008, 04:23:48 PM

Why not? Puckoon reckons we don't need intercourse to reproduce. Would eveloution not make our dicks fall off if we don't need them?

There are enough w4nkers about to ensure that doesnt happen ;)

SidelineKick

:D I actually laughed out loud in work there reading that.  Check mate.

Reported.