You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Handy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 25, 2008, 10:34:15 AM
QuoteAs I said you would seem much sadder that you would look at these signs and think anything
Isn't that why people put signs up?  It's a bit like wearing a tee shirt with writing all overit and complain when someone reads it.

ah well, I just think it was sad - but funny at the same time.

In these cases probably not, I have always found that the signs are bought by family members or friends so they are usually put up out of courtesy to the gift buyer, ah well I just think you're sad, and not funny in the slightest.  ;)

pintsofguinness

That's fine, you're entitled to your opinion.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

People who write idiotic reviews on websites about products they've bought...

While browing carphonewarehouse.co.uk I come across this example!

Quoteif you don't hear a text message when it arrives or remember to check your mobile regularly, you can have texts remaining unanswered - my last mobile was a motorola and although the persistent beep to tell you that a text had arrived was annoying, at least my replies were quicker also, the choice of ringtones is poor

::)

ardal

Quote from: Handy on October 25, 2008, 10:51:19 AM
QuoteAs I said you would seem much sadder that you would look at these signs and think anything
Isn't that why people put signs up?  It's a bit like wearing a tee shirt with writing all overit and complain when someone reads it.

In these cases probably not, I have always found that the signs are bought by family members or friends so they are usually put up out of courtesy to the gift buyer, ah well I just think you're sad, and not funny in the slightest.  ;)

I've one of them wee stickers on my car, but no baby, it's handy for getting the parents parking space nearer the shopping centre entrance

pintsofguinness

Ardal you don't need to worry about that at all, they say you can be clamped or get a ticket for parking there but I've been doing it for years and have got nothing more than a few dirty looks from some stuck up cows.

Puckoon

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on October 25, 2008, 08:00:02 PM
An itchy toe is grinding my gears.

Try having two itchy and bleeding feet
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Handy

Quote from: ardal on October 25, 2008, 07:36:35 PM
Quote from: Handy on October 25, 2008, 10:51:19 AM

I've one of them wee stickers on my car, but no baby, it's handy for getting the parents parking space nearer the shopping centre entrance

Or alternatively trying to show your're not infertile!!

pintsofguinness

Maybe he's got a sign up on his front door demonstrating that.

Rois

Parents who make more noise than their noisey children at Mass by continually telling them to be quiet...grrrr....

pintsofguinness

They need a slap rois, the parents and the children.

The Real Laoislad

pints I bought my brother a car thingy for the back window that says Little Liverpool supporter on board for my little niece..Does this fall under the same category as the car thingys that you talk about
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 25, 2008, 10:11:25 PM
pints I bought my brother a car thingy for the back window that says Little Liverpool supporter on board for my little niece..Does this fall under the same category as the car thingys that you talk about
Afraid so.

Handy

Quote from: Rois on October 25, 2008, 09:27:01 PM
Parents who make more noise than their noisey children at Mass by continually telling them to be quiet...grrrr....

People who go to mass looking for a place of serenity, it's a public place of worship – could you not find serenity with God elsewhere – did Jesus reject the children?