You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 23, 2008, 11:11:31 PM
I think hospitals should be a smoke free zone both inside and out..
A woman who smokes when she is pregnant isn't fit to be a mother IMHO
I agree when the missus was in having the last child there was always 3 or 4 standing outside puffing away in their dressing gowns. Absolutely disgusting behaviour. One doll went missing one day and security had to scour the place for her as she was heavily pregnant with twins. She decided to head up to stand outside A&E for a fag as there were more people there and better craic!

Tony Baloney

The battery going flat on my mobile and losing all my predictive text words. Important ones like fcuk etc!

pintsofguinness

Seen a car this morning and in the back window they'd one of those signs up in the top right hand corner "Baby on Board" and then in the top left hand corner they had a sign "Daddy Cool on Board" and below it another sign "Greatest Mum in the world on Board".

:D  :D  :D

Sad.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

You should be watching were you're driving pints, instead of reading stickers on the back of cars.
Testing Accessibility

Treasurer

Minder

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 24, 2008, 08:03:22 PM
Seen a car this morning and in the back window they'd one of those signs up in the top right hand corner "Baby on Board" and then in the top left hand corner they had a sign "Daddy Cool on Board" and below it another sign "Greatest Mum in the world on Board".

Sad.

I remember seeing an episode of Hale & Pace when i was about ten, Hale and Pace were driving and made a point of going through a puddle and splashing an old man, they had a "bastard on board" sticker on the back of their car. It was funny at the time...........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

TacadoirArdMhacha

Stopping at a Give way line and being driven into.  >:(
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Handy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 24, 2008, 08:03:22 PM

Sad.

Why is that sad, it's hardly annoying anyone or being offensive.  Sadder I think that someone would feel the need to ridicule a newborn and it's parents.  Are mother and father day cards sad, birthday cards for parents and kids sad?   They all have similiar sentiments, I seriously doubt the people in that car or the friends/family who bought them those stickers are the sad ones - I'd say you should look in the mirror for the saddo.  :-*

fred the red

Quote from: Yes I Would on October 23, 2008, 11:12:52 PM

Even Pink cigars??

;D

lurganblue

totally agree with this LL. the wife is pregnant at the min and thank god she hasnt smoked or drank alcohol from the minute we found out.

Smoking at hospitals though... i´ve seen people standing with drips in them smoking outside the front door! or even at the royal there would be about five of them smoking outside with a sound speaker saying "this is a none smoking area" as they get stuck into another cancer stick. unreal

Handy

Quote from: lurganblue on October 25, 2008, 09:57:33 AM

totally agree with this LL. the wife is pregnant at the min and thank god she hasnt smoked or drank alcohol from the minute we found out.

Smoking at hospitals though... i´ve seen people standing with drips in them smoking outside the front door! or even at the royal there would be about five of them smoking outside with a sound speaker saying "this is a none smoking area" as they get stuck into another cancer stick. unreal

And most of them can hardly walk - the fact they are in hospital, on a drip etc, would that not drive it home to stop!

pintsofguinness

QuoteWhy is that sad, it's hardly annoying anyone or being offensive.  Sadder I think that someone would feel the need to ridicule a newborn and it's parents.  Are mother and father day cards sad, birthday cards for parents and kids sad?   They all have similiar sentiments, I seriously doubt the people in that car or the friends/family who bought them those stickers are the sad ones - I'd say you should look in the mirror for the saddo.
It's sad that people are so insecure they need to advertise the fact that they are fertile.
I'm not criticising the baby, I'm sure he/she didn't put the signs up on the car.  Mother's day and father's day cards are private, not some sort of advertisement.  Imo they are about giving thanks to your parents or remembering waht they've done you etc, how is silly signs on the back of a car window anything like that?

Handy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 25, 2008, 10:14:05 AM
QuoteWhy is that sad, it's hardly annoying anyone or being offensive.  Sadder I think that someone would feel the need to ridicule a newborn and it's parents.  Are mother and father day cards sad, birthday cards for parents and kids sad?   They all have similiar sentiments, I seriously doubt the people in that car or the friends/family who bought them those stickers are the sad ones - I'd say you should look in the mirror for the saddo.
It's sad that people are so insecure they need to advertise the fact that they are fertile.
I'm not criticising the baby, I'm sure he/she didn't put the signs up on the car.  Mother's day and father's day cards are private, not some sort of advertisement.  Imo they are about giving thanks to your parents or remembering waht they've done you etc, how is silly signs on the back of a car window anything like that?

So should parents shun their kids incase the non-fertile ones take offense.  I am sure the signs were brought by family members/friends not by the parents, it's usually the case, your anti parent stance is well documented on this board, it's really quite pathetic.  As I said you would seem much sadder that you would look at these signs and think anything, most people wouldn't bat an eyelid, says more about you kid than anyone connected to that vechile.  :-* :-*

pintsofguinness

QuoteAs I said you would seem much sadder that you would look at these signs and think anything
Isn't that why people put signs up?  It's a bit like wearing a tee shirt with writing all overit and complain when someone reads it.

ah well, I just think it was sad - but funny at the same time.