You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: ludermor on October 20, 2008, 04:27:09 PM
Louis f**king Walsh.
I had the misfortune of watching a bit of X factor during the weekend and i cringed just looking a t him. Then when he came out with the line 'you cant buy irish charm' to the young lad from Tyrone i thought i would puke.

Derry my friend, and Real LL - think you're way outta line with that last statement.
In your Endo!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on October 20, 2008, 04:30:34 PM
Quote from: ludermor on October 20, 2008, 04:27:09 PM
Louis f**king Walsh.
I had the misfortune of watching a bit of X factor during the weekend and i cringed just looking a t him. Then when he came out with the line 'you cant buy irish charm' to the young lad from Tyrone i thought i would puke.

Derry my friend, and Real LL - think you're way outta line with that last statement.

Why  ??? Its just my opinion and how i feel about it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

He's still bitter that Tony stood him up last Saturday ;)
Testing Accessibility

muppet

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 20, 2008, 04:29:45 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 20, 2008, 04:22:48 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 20, 2008, 04:20:25 PM
People who treat animals as if they were humans grinds my gears

Funny I have the opposite problem, particularly when a large part of the blind, deaf and dump part of society worship such people.

Complete difference to what I meant...Of course animals in that sense are great and are amazing animals when trained to help such people, what I can't understand is people spending fortunes on a household pet and getting all upset when it dies..In my mind its just a animal,just buy another one
There is a woman living next door to my parents at home and she has her little mutt on the same heart tablets as my auld lad  ::)
I'm just not a lover of animals whatsoever

When I said I had a problem with the opposite I meant humans who treat people as animals. I know that wasn't what you were getting at.
MWWSI 2017

full back

what I can't understand is people spending fortunes on a household pet and getting all upset when it dies..In my mind its just a animal,just buy another one

Fair enough, its just your opinion
IMHO its a bit harsh mind you

wherefromreferee?

I agree FB, just a bit blunt/harsh in the midst of everyone else stories about how they are putting their own dogs to rest!
In your Endo!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: muppet on October 20, 2008, 04:36:16 PM

Funny I have the opposite problem, particularly when a large part of the blind, deaf and dump part of society worship such people.

Complete difference to what I meant...Of course animals in that sense are great and are amazing animals when trained to help such people, what I can't understand is people spending fortunes on a household pet and getting all upset when it dies..In my mind its just a animal,just buy another one
There is a woman living next door to my parents at home and she has her little mutt on the same heart tablets as my auld lad  ::)

When I said I had a problem with the opposite I meant humans who treat people as animals. I know that wasn't what you were getting at.

Fair enough.Sorry
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: full back on October 20, 2008, 04:37:13 PM
what I can't understand is people spending fortunes on a household pet and getting all upset when it dies..In my mind its just a animal,just buy another one

Its a harsh world full back...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 20, 2008, 04:43:02 PM

:D
Tough weekend LL?
Woman not giving it up again ;)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: full back on October 20, 2008, 04:53:02 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 20, 2008, 04:43:02 PM

:D
Tough weekend LL?
Woman not giving it up again ;)

Twas tough alright,Was up in Monaghan town,still haven't recovered! Some strange people up there !
As for the woman...she can't resist me  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Handy

Sure we are all just animals!!  From my perspective I was more concerned with the reaction of my kids to the event.

Yes I Would

Youve a heart of stone LL.
15 years, reared from a pup.  It will break my f**king heart when she dies.
There is a connection with a pet that people who have never had one often cannot understand.

I agree with you on Monaghan people though

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Yes I Would on October 20, 2008, 05:26:08 PM
Youve a heart of stone LL.
15 years, reared from a pup.  It will break my f**king heart when she dies.
There is a connection with a pet that people who have never had one often cannot understand.

I agree with you on Monaghan people though

When it dies get another pup and start again..Its not exactly like losing a brother/sister/child now is it..
Pets can be replaced..
I don't mind a dog to be honest though if I had one it would stay out of the house and be treated as a dog not as a child..I do f**king hate cats though
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Being an hour early for the fecking dentist.

pintsofguinness

laoislad
QuoteComplete difference to what I meant...Of course animals in that sense are great and are amazing animals when trained to help such people, what I can't understand is people spending fortunes on a household pet and getting all upset when it dies..In my mind its just a animal,just buy another one
There is a woman living next door to my parents at home and she has her little mutt on the same heart tablets as my auld lad  Roll Eyes
You've got a problem with a woman doing her best to try and keep an innocent creature alive? Why?  ???
Didnt you tell me your girlfriend was a vet?!

I got my dog when he was a wee pup, brought him up, think he was about 13 or 14 when he died in my arms, broke my heart  :(
A couple of years before that he was attacked by an Alsatian we own (she died a few weeks ago) and I spent two or three hundred euro to save his life - would have given two or three grand, would have given anything actually.  - why? because he wouldn't let me down and when he died it was like losing a member of the family.  I haven't got another dog yet but he couldnt be replaced just like people can't be replaced.  If you spent any time around animals you'd know that they, like humans, have different traits and personalities. 

Animals, and dogs in particular, are great, I'd rather have them then humans!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?