You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 18, 2008, 10:58:06 AM
No people that don't know him but think he's a knob because of how he carries himself on the tv. 
He says although he's fully aware people like you exist it's strange that when he meets them they are perfectly nice and respectful.
Might get his book. Remember reading an article about him and like Pints says in reality he is the polar opposite of his onscreen persona. He spends almost all his time with his family and is rarely seen at the opening of an envelope unlike most of the no marks spawned by reality shows. He's at the top of his tree and doesn't need stuff like that to boost his profile. I'd say he's a sound bloke.

Obviously he's not as successful as you LL. ;)

pintsofguinness

QuoteMight get his book. Remember reading an article about him and like Pints says in reality he is the polar opposite of his onscreen persona. He spends almost all his time with his family and is rarely seen at the opening of an envelope unlike most of the no marks spawned by reality shows. He's at the top of his tree and doesn't need stuff like that to boost his profile. I'd say he's a sound bloke.
aye he says in the book his ideal night outis getting home around 9, going on the net to browse ebay and watching tv with the wife and kids and the dogs.

He wouldnt do some tv advertisement a couple of years ago because it involved kissing some actress, said he wouldn't do it as he didn't want his kids seeing him kissing someone other than their mother.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

I like Jonathan Ross, but I felt his review of Clerks II was childish and snobby at best.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=HmaRxb-W4rs

f**ker  >:(
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Sunday nights and fact that the Denny sausages I've carried from home are going off  :(
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

maggie

Having 3 mags and then realising you cant have a 4th/5th or 6th because its monday tomorro >:(

Handy

Just had to take my dog who's 11 and get him put to sleep - poor thing cried as I held him as if he knew, now have to break news to kids when they get home from school and bury him!

ziggysego

Sorry to hear Handy. I know how dogs are one of the family and it would break my heart if I had to do the same.
Testing Accessibility

Yes I Would

Quote from: Handy on October 20, 2008, 11:10:46 AM
Just had to take my dog who's 11 and get him put to sleep - poor thing cried as I held him as if he knew, now have to break news to kids when they get home from school and bury him!

Same dilemma at the moment as well Handy. Dog is almost 15 years (105) and cant really get a breath at the moment. Vet reckoned that she has bad kidney infection and that if it doesnt clear after the two week antibiotic, she should be put to sleep.
Dont know if i could do that. Would break my frickin heart. Alot of good times.
Its especially hard for children. Shed alot of tears over lost, stolen and knocked down pups.

Handy

My dog had been fitting for weeks - double murmer of the heart - was skin and bne - it was the right thing to do, albeit the saddest option - just dreading picking the kids up and breaking the news, they have never know life without him, it's bound to be traumatic.

Doohicky

Quote from: Handy on October 20, 2008, 01:05:14 PM
My dog had been fitting for weeks - double murmer of the heart - was skin and bne - it was the right thing to do, albeit the saddest option - just dreading picking the kids up and breaking the news, they have never know life without him, it's bound to be traumatic.

Our dog had the sme sort of thing. Lots of coughing and fluid in the lungs. Turned out it was a growth in the throat that had to be cut out as it was pushing on his Larynx. It was completely invisible to all checks until they put him to sleep and checked in his throat for it.

The Real Laoislad

People who treat animals as if they were humans grinds my gears
You'll Never Walk Alone.

muppet

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 20, 2008, 04:20:25 PM

Funny I have the opposite problem, particularly when a large part of the blind, deaf and dumb part of society worship such people.
MWWSI 2017

ludermor

Louis f**king Walsh.
I had the misfortune of watching a bit of X factor during the weekend and i cringed just looking a t him. Then when he came out with the line 'you cant buy irish charm' to the young lad from Tyrone i thought i would puke.

Puckoon

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: muppet on October 20, 2008, 04:22:48 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 20, 2008, 04:20:25 PM

Funny I have the opposite problem, particularly when a large part of the blind, deaf and dump part of society worship such people.

Complete difference to what I meant...Of course animals in that sense are great and are amazing animals when trained to help such people, what I can't understand is people spending fortunes on a household pet and getting all upset when it dies..In my mind its just a animal,just buy another one
There is a woman living next door to my parents at home and she has her little mutt on the same heart tablets as my auld lad  ::)
I'm just not a lover of animals whatsoever
You'll Never Walk Alone.