You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

dirty scumbags who think its funny to block the toilets with loads of toilet roll... and those who pick their noses and wipe it on the walls....................
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

pintsofguinness

buying one of those ready made dinners in tesco thinking it'd be nice and it turning out to be f**king rotten!
(I've another one in the fridge if anyone wants it)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Minder

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 26, 2008, 08:44:18 PM
buying one of those ready made dinners in tesco thinking it'd be nice and it turning out to be f**king rotten!

Fcuk me Pints what did you expect, it should be fast food all the way on Friday..........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Minder on September 26, 2008, 08:47:04 PM

Fcuk me Pints what did you expect, it should be fast food all the way on Friday..........
Normally yeah but I've been working late this week and it's been chippy and chinese every night and it gets a bit sickening.

It was chicken in a cheese sauce - it looked nice but the cheese sauce tastes strangely similar to their chicken soup - and as for the  "chicken" - well about 5% of it may have been chicken at some stage.

I need a cook.

and another one - bus drivers, my God some of them are on a power trip!  :D

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 26, 2008, 08:51:11 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 26, 2008, 08:47:04 PM

Normally yeah but I've been working late this week and it's been chippy and chinese every night and it gets a bit sickening.

It was chicken in a cheese sauce - it looked nice but the cheese sauce tastes strangely similar to their chicken soup - and as for the  "chicken" - well about 5% of it may have been chicken at some stage.

I need a cook.

and another one - bus drivers, my God some of them are on a power trip!  :D

And F**king train conductors!! You have to show your ticket to get through the barrier and that C**t wants to check it about 3 times in the space of a half hour journey....And even waken you outta a sleep to check it!!!!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

The Real Laoislad

Women with kids...
Do they really think they have more of a right to everything and don't have to abide by certain rules of the roads or even common manners because they have kids?

Why do they have to drop them off right at the school gates? I know when i was a kid from the age of 7 onwards i either walked,cycled or when i went to secondary school i got the bus.

Nowadays they are dropped right off at the gate by their parents or if they are getting a bus they will pull up at the side of the road and the kids won't get out of car until the bus comes,Usually this is a small country road and they park the car in such a way that only one car can get pass at a time,Would it be too much to ask to let the child out and let them wait for the Bus? If their cold give them a f**king coat,if its raining give them a Umbrella but don't be blocking the road on everyone else...
Fair enough if the child is in Primary school but most of the ones I see are secondary school kids

Also would it be too much to ask to indicate when pulling into a space at the school or god forbid even indicate when pulling out???
You blow the car horn at them and they give you a look as if to say."I'm a mother with kids I don't have to indicate,park legally and i can pull out into oncoming traffic if i want because I am mother with kids!"

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

QuoteDo they really think they have more of a right to everything and don't have to abide by certain rules of the roads or even common manners because they have kids?
Yes, but fathers are just as bad.

Handy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 01, 2008, 04:22:22 PM
Women with kids...
Do they really think they have more of a right to everything and don't have to abide by certain rules of the roads or even common manners because they have kids?

Why do they have to drop them off right at the school gates? I know when i was a kid from the age of 7 onwards i either walked,cycled or when i went to secondary school i got the bus.

Nowadays they are dropped right off at the gate by their parents or if they are getting a bus they will pull up at the side of the road and the kids won't get out of car until the bus comes,Usually this is a small country road and they park the car in such a way that only one car can get pass at a time,Would it be too much to ask to let the child out and let them wait for the Bus? If their cold give them a f**king coat,if its raining give them a Umbrella but don't be blocking the road on everyone else...
Fair enough if the child is in Primary school but most of the ones I see are secondary school kids

Also would it be too much to ask to indicate when pulling into a space at the school or god forbid even indicate when pulling out???
You blow the car horn at them and they give you a look as if to say."I'm a mother with kids I don't have to indicate,park legally and i can pull out into oncoming traffic if i want because I am mother with kids!"

What about taxi drivers, who can stop any place and time in the middle of the road put hazzards on and wait - why because they are taxi drivers?  What about delivery lorries who can stop any place and time in the middle of the road put hazzards on and wait - why because they are delivery lorries?  What about the vast majority of people who think indicator lights are for show and never use them at roundabouts.  What about people who sit at 60 in the overtaking lane - causing people to undertake as they have no road sense.  What about young people speeding in estates and around schools?  What about people who insist on smoking, being on the phone, drinking, eating when driving - all of which are distractions? What about people who park in reserved spaces because they are too lazy or selfish to walk a few yards?  What about people who drive with no insurance, no tax, no driving licences - there is a hell of a lot worse on the road than a few women rushing to get the kids to schooll.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Handy on October 01, 2008, 08:20:07 PM
Women with kids...

What about taxi drivers, who can stop any place and time in the middle of the road put hazzards on and wait - why because they are taxi drivers?  What about delivery lorries who can stop any place and time in the middle of the road put hazzards on and wait - why because they are delivery lorries?  What about the vast majority of people who think indicator lights are for show and never use them at roundabouts.  What about people who sit at 60 in the overtaking lane - causing people to undertake as they have no road sense.  What about young people speeding in estates and around schools?  What about people who insist on smoking, being on the phone, drinking, eating when driving - all of which are distractions? What about people who park in reserved spaces because they are too lazy or selfish to walk a few yards?  What about people who drive with no insurance, no tax, no driving licences - there is a hell of a lot worse on the road than a few women rushing to get the kids to schooll.

No there's not women are the worst!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Handy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 01, 2008, 08:36:18 PM
Women with kids...

Ah right so - obviously sensable logic holds no sway on this thread.  ::)

Handy

Quote from: hardstation on October 01, 2008, 08:42:55 PM
Went to the shop for some milk this morning. The girl toul me that they didn't have any because the delivery lorry couldn't get parked and didn't want to block a lane of traffic, so it fucked off. That really grinds my gears.

Guy I knew had to run out on the street and literally stop the traffic because his wife was in labour and he couldn't get pass a delivery lorry blocking his lane on his way to hospital!  That really would grind your gears.  ::) ::)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Handy on October 01, 2008, 08:38:28 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 01, 2008, 08:36:18 PM
Women with kids...

Ah right so - obviously sensable logic holds no sway on this thread.  ::)

The thread is "what grinds your gears"...Women with Kids grind my gears.....Are you not able grasp the meaning of the thread?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Handy on October 01, 2008, 09:03:36 PM
Went to the shop for some milk this morning. The girl toul me that they didn't have any because the delivery lorry couldn't get parked and didn't want to block a lane of traffic, so it fucked off. That really grinds my gears.

Guy I knew had to run out on the street and literally stop the traffic because his wife was in labour and he couldn't get pass a delivery lorry blocking his lane on his way to hospital!  That really would grind your gears.  ::) ::)

You sure it was a lorry blocking the road? Maybe it was a yummy mummy in her big off roader dropping her kids off to school?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Handy

Quote from: hardstation on October 01, 2008, 09:06:40 PM
Quote from: Handy on October 01, 2008, 09:03:36 PM

If he couldn't get past the lorry, why did he stop the traffic?

Sorry didn't realise i needed to spell it out - there was a big lorry delivering drink to a pub, it was parked outside facing down the wrong way  with the "hazzards on" so and here is the science bit - to get pass - he had to stop oncoming traffic on the other side so he could get round, as he was blocked in from behind by other poor sods trying to use the road in a legal manner - understand now?