You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 21, 2008, 09:11:16 PM
Thanks for offering your opinion.

No problem - so what grinds your gears is people working - would you rather them be on the dole!  You obviously have some cushy job in an office - you know the milk and bread you buy - the oil you get delivered - the bins you leave out to be collected etc etc etc - people have to get up early to do these - maybe double glazing should be invested in - seriously, if your that annoyed.

pintsofguinness

QuoteNo problem - so what grinds your gears is people working - would you rather them be on the dole!  You obviously have some cushy job in an office - you know the milk and bread you buy - the oil you get delivered - the bins you leave out to be collected etc etc etc - people have to get up early to do these - maybe double glazing should be invested in - seriously, if your that annoyed.

No, I'd rather they stick to the law (like I have to in my job, which isn't in an office) and not start making noise until they are suppsoe to, 8am.  People have to get up early to do various jobs but they aren't making an nuisance out of themselves doing it.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Arthur

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 21, 2008, 09:24:00 PM
QuoteNo problem - so what grinds your gears is people working - would you rather them be on the dole!  You obviously have some cushy job in an office - you know the milk and bread you buy - the oil you get delivered - the bins you leave out to be collected etc etc etc - people have to get up early to do these - maybe double glazing should be invested in - seriously, if your that annoyed.

No, I'd rather they stick to the law (like I have to in my job, which isn't in an office) and not start making noise until they are suppsoe to, 8am.  People have to get up early to do various jobs but they aren't making an nuisance out of themselves doing it.

What is this law you quote - do not annoy me - what about fire engines doing their jobs at 6am or ambulances rushing to an emergancy at 7am - or maybe you'd rather your bin wasn't collected or milk wasn't delivered - this is one bizzare gripe - what about few folk coming home late/early etc - basically you want to sleep undisturbed - fair play - ever considered moving or again investing in double glazing?

pintsofguinness

What is this law you quote - do not annoy me - what about fire engines doing their jobs at 6am or ambulances rushing to an emergancy at 7am - or maybe you'd rather your bin wasn't collected or milk wasn't delivered - this is one bizzare gripe - what about few folk coming home late/early etc - basically you want to sleep undisturbed - fair play - ever considered moving or again investing in double glazing?
There is double glazing but it's interesting your answer to noisey neighbours is either me being out quite a lot of money on double glazing or moving house. 
Fire engines and ambulances? Yes that's the same thing  ::)
Milk delivered? Does that happen anymore?
Bins collected? my bins aren't collected at that time but at least if they were it might be a few minutes of noise and not continued noise.
Same goes for people coming home late/early. 

I just have an objection to people making constant and continuous noise outside my house from 7am or before it six days a week - I don't think that's unreasonable but I suspect you don't think it's unreasonable either but you're only interested in having a go at me. You remind me of someone else who use to post here.

Arthur

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 21, 2008, 09:24:00 PM

So manufacturers of Lorries should do away with the beep beep when reversing - I thought that was a health and safety issue - no?

pintsofguinness

No, I don't mind the beeping of a lorry reversing I'd just prefer if it didn't spark a couple of hours of continued noise.

Arthur

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 21, 2008, 09:48:57 PM
There is double glazing but it's interesting your answer to noisey neighbours is either me being out quite a lot of money on double glazing or moving house. 
Fire engines and ambulances? Yes that's the same thing  ::)
Milk delivered? Does that happen anymore?
Bins collected? my bins aren't collected at that time but at least if they were it might be a few minutes of noise and not continued noise.
Same goes for people coming home late/early. 

I just have an objection to people making constant and continuous noise outside my house from 7am or before it six days a week - I don't think that's unreasonable but I suspect you don't think it's unreasonable either but you're only interested in having a go at me. You remind me of someone else who use to post here.

Are you serious - you put in a 999 call at 5am - your house - your families house is on fire - god forbid - and they say be there in 2 - 2 hours!!!! ::) :o

pintsofguinness

Are you serious? You don't know when someone is being sarcastic?

Arthur

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 21, 2008, 10:04:46 PM
Are you serious? You don't know when someone is being sarcastic?

I know when someone is talking pure bollocks!  :-*  But whatever grinds your gears!  ::)

The Real Laoislad

Is sureyouwill/Snowed Under reincarnated again....
Tell him about the mother/toddler spaces pints  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Arthur

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 21, 2008, 10:10:14 PM

Sorry is this in relation to people doing their jobs? Or something else?

pintsofguinness

Nah I dont think his weird obsession with me should be entertained.

Agnes Dipesto

Quote from: ziggysego on August 21, 2008, 12:53:01 PM
Getting laughed at by everyone at work, because of my "phone voice" >:(

Awwwv Ziggy I know how you feel, I get slaggged all the time about my Tyrone accent when I'm speaking on the phone in work.

Arthur

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 21, 2008, 10:19:00 PM
Nah I dont think his weird obsession with me should be entertained.

Is this some attempt to not answer questions or is this thread just jibes with no comeback - in which case - f**k everyone who don't work 9 to 5 - Dolly would be proud of yeaaaaaa allllll  :-*

pintsofguinness

What questions do you want me to answer?  ::)