You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Quote from: full back on August 04, 2008, 10:33:07 AM
Quote from: full back on August 02, 2008, 10:46:41 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on August 01, 2008, 09:19:17 PM
3 points and a fine

I thought it was only a fine if you were caught in a section that had temporary speed limit?

Bump
Does anyone know if it is just a fine or a fine & points if you are caught speeding in a temporary speed limit zone.
The fcukers were out in force this morning - with cameras & in unmarked cars >:(

Its def both - I got caught myself a couple of weeks ago on M2 going into Belfast - was doing 62 in temp 50.  Cop car sneaked up behind me and nailed me.  Pity about the 10 cars in fron of me who were all doing the same speed or faster...!

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

gallsman

People who talk about threads being organic to excuse their waffling shite, then continue with same shite the following weeks. I look forward to reading about other people's misery and you're ruining it for me!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: downgirl on August 04, 2008, 01:55:54 PM
Isn't it a pity they wouldn't do something useful with their time.  A few years ago I got caught I was only after passing my test for a few months so had the R plates on, was driving up to Belfast then I heard a siren looked in the mirror and there was a fella on a motorbike telling me to pull in I nearly died...He got me to go out and look at what speed I was doing...64.99mph!!!  I talked my way out of it though!!!  :D

So catching people breaking the law speeding and maybe saving a few lifes in the process by making people slow down isn't doing something usefull  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: downgirl on August 04, 2008, 08:40:33 PM
Well laoislad you don't have R plates so you can't comment on them but basically they are a waste of time so technically I was going 4.99mph over the spped limit so come on like the amount of people I have seen overtaking me when I am doing roughly 60 and who fly away on past me and they stop people doing a few mph over the speed limit?!  And more to the point why aren't they out in my local town stopping people selling drugs to children, stopping wee lads from raking round the town in the middle of the night etc etc...so yes, they should be doing something more useful with their time.

I can comment about anything i want...What has these R plates got to do with my opinion ???
So basically you were breaking the law and you got caught so tough shit,next time don't break the law..
You were only doing 5 miles over the speed limit you say,This could have been the difference between you or someone else dying if you were to hit them
As for them not doing anything about stopping people selling drugs etc well i can't comment on the PSNI but i would say that completly shows your ignorance with everything regarding how a police force works,They do have units out catching these people,There are Garda units risking their lives everyday in drug busts and the like..
But they also have Traffic cores to stop people speeding and risking their and other peoples lives,
Poor little you,you got caught breaking the law and who is the first person you blame?....the police ::)
How about growing up and start blaming yourself for breaking the speed limit in the first place..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

maggie

Joe Brolly kiss assing bout Armagh during half time on The Saturday Game, honest to God, he must have been on commission from their county board

Puckoon

so technically I was going 4.99mph over the spped limit

Technically with your R plate (restricted status) you were going 19.99mph over the speedlimit if you were doing 64.99mph young lady!  :-\

gallsman

Well laoislad you don't have R plates so you can't comment on them but basically they are a waste of time so technically I was going 4.99mph over the spped limit so come on like the amount of people I have seen overtaking me when I am doing roughly 60 and who fly away on past me and they stop people doing a few mph over the speed limit?!  And more to the point why aren't they out in my local town stopping people selling drugs to children, stopping wee lads from raking round the town in the middle of the night etc etc...so yes, they should be doing something more useful with their time.

Bollocks, there's no technically about. An R Plate limit is 45mph, therefore you were 20 over the limit. POints and a fine are the least you should have got.

Minus15

Treasurer

Taxi queues. Dublin airport. Bank holiday. I suppose I should have seen it coming!

Yes I Would

pintsofguinness

You'll not have much sucess if you're sitting at a computer.

It'll sort itself out when it's on you.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Yes I Would

Its on a hanger on the door. It will do rightly. Ill give it another balst in the morning.  Its times like this I miss the old mammy!!

Anything but shirts!!

ziggysego

Spots that open and become infected in your ear because of the bloody hearing-aid.
Testing Accessibility