You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 23, 2008, 07:43:00 PM
Quote from: qub la la la on July 23, 2008, 07:34:34 PM
when its the woman's birthday, you have a match and the obvious row about why you have to go to the match and that while you do understand how important her birthday is, the match is that wee bit more significant. then after all the roaring and shoutin the feckin match is called off cos the other team cant field!

If i was you I wouldn't tell her the match was called off and go to the pub for a few pints instead,At least then the row was worthwhile

Amateur. You come home, rushin in the door in your togs and tell her that you decided her birthday was more important (and truthfully that someone else could step in for you as waterboy this evening). Then you take full advantage of brownie points on offer.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on July 23, 2008, 07:46:19 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 23, 2008, 07:43:00 PM
Quote from: qub la la la on July 23, 2008, 07:34:34 PM
when its the woman's birthday, you have a match and the obvious row about why you have to go to the match and that while you do understand how important her birthday is, the match is that wee bit more significant. then after all the roaring and shoutin the feckin match is called off cos the other team cant field!

If i was you I wouldn't tell her the match was called off and go to the pub for a few pints instead,At least then the row was worthwhile

Amateur. You come home, rushin in the door in your togs and tell her that you decided her birthday was more important (and truthfully that someone else could step in for you as waterboy this evening). Then you take full advantage of brownie points on offer.

Na i'd rather let her think the match was more important..I live by the motto treat em mean keep em keen
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Yes I Would

What the fcuk is it with women and birthdays!! If you buy a card she is looking a present. Buy a present she is looking a card! Buy both she's looking somethin else!
Mines the same.
Birthday on a Wednesday and it has to celebrated on a Wednesday. Now call me old fashioned but on a Weds nite after a long days work i like to put the feet up with a couple of cold ones and watch the soaps!! Offer to take her out for a meal on a Fri or Sat nite is met with discorn!!
You just cant win sometimes!
Then when you remind them what age they are they say dont remind me, then are looking to feckin song and dance to celebrate the next one!!

Puckoon

Quote from: Yes I Would on July 23, 2008, 09:25:17 PM
What the fcuk is it with women and birthdays!! If you buy a card she is looking a present. Buy a present she is looking a card! Buy both she's looking somethin else!
Mines the same.
Birthday on a Wednesday and it has to celebrated on a Wednesday. Now call me old fashioned but on a Weds nite after a long days work i like to put the feet up with a couple of cold ones and watch the soaps!! Offer to take her out for a meal on a Fri or Sat nite is met with discorn!!
You just cant win sometimes!
Then when you remind them what age they are they say dont remind me, then are looking to feckin song and dance to celebrate the next one!!

Sufficient

Yes I Would

pintsofguinness

be men ffs!

The problem arises when you first start going out and you want to impress so you start buying presents and you set a standard so as time goes on you're expected to live to that standard.

You need to set standards low from the beginning. 
My woman is over the moon if I remember she told me it was her birthday.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Yes I Would

She sounds like a very fortunate lady Pints!!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Yes I Would on July 23, 2008, 09:36:07 PM
She sounds like a very fortunate lady Pints!!

Course she is, and she knows it.  I'm delightful.

(I don't feel guilty because whatever she done in a previous life must have been bad and now she's serving her punishment)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Puckoon

Nothing in a past life could warrant having to suck your toes. Unless of course she was the old bat who used to stick a knife in the footballs we would kick over the hedge into her garden instead of giving them back to us.

Wear two pairs of socks tomorrow.

maggie

when the big bro commentator refers to housemates in jail as "doing bird"

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Niall Quinn

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: maggie on July 23, 2008, 10:59:20 PM
when the big bro commentator refers to housemates in jail as "doing bird"

:D

reminds me of max and paddy when they are in jail and say to the others that they have done more bird than bill oddie!!

Yes I Would

The Easy Jet Customer experience team!!

ziggysego

Quote from: Yes I Would on July 24, 2008, 01:06:56 PM
The Easy Jet Customer experience team!!

Jesus, they're awful. I enquired once about getting help onto a plane (because of the wheelchair) and they asked if I could walk... twats.
Testing Accessibility