You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 18, 2008, 09:55:13 AM
My mother ringing about five times in the space of 15 minutes and leaving 5 voice mail messages - at least three will consist of the message something like "hello pints, it's just me, ring me as SOON as you get this" "it's just me again, ring me as soon as you can" making me think someone is dead but no, there never is.   ::)

The voicemail i get when my Ma rings me goes something like this

"Hello"<pause>...."Hello"<another pause>...Then she shouts to my Da in the background   "I think im gone thru to his messages what will i do"  <another pause> " Hello" Then finally she leaves a message that would also make you think someone is dead
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 18, 2008, 01:06:22 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 18, 2008, 09:55:13 AM
My mother ringing about five times in the space of 15 minutes and leaving 5 voice mail messages - at least three will consist of the message something like "hello pints, it's just me, ring me as SOON as you get this" "it's just me again, ring me as soon as you can" making me think someone is dead but no, there never is.   ::)

The voicemail i get when my Ma rings me goes something like this

"Hello"<pause>...."Hello"<another pause>...Then she shouts to my Da in the background   "I think im gone thru to his messages what will i do"  <another pause> " Hello" Then finally she leaves a message that would also make you think someone is dead
Your Da :o. Your Dublish is really improving .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

haranguerer

Quote from: stiffler on May 18, 2008, 09:43:19 AM
When you phone someone and they dont answer, then you get a text back from them saying 'were u phoning?'

CHECK YOU MISSED CALLS YOU FCUKWIT!

Its more likely they know you were ringing, and weren't arsed talking to you. But they dont want you to know they dont like you for whatever reason (mebbe cos you seem like a psycho) so they text you asking this. And as luck would have it, you buy it every time. ;D

lurganblue

or they might have free texts but not calls. so if they text you, it costs them nothing and you might phone them back

pintsofguinness

Quote from: lurganblue on May 18, 2008, 08:32:26 PM
or they might have free texts but not calls. so if they text you, it costs them nothing and you might phone them back

Yeah, I'd say it's that because if you're looking them you should pay for the call.
If I've a missed call from someone and if it won't be included in my free minutes (i.e. if they're on a southern network) I'll call them back and just let it ring once and hang up so they've to phone me.   :)
I'm sneaky like that.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Canalman

That radio ad which deals with TV licenses really annoys me. Really prompting me to not buy the damn thing next year.

DoYerJob Linesman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 18, 2008, 08:38:48 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on May 18, 2008, 08:32:26 PM

Yeah, I'd say it's that because if you're looking them you should pay for the call.
If I've a missed call from someone and if it won't be included in my free minutes (i.e. if they're on a southern network) I'll call them back and just let it ring once and hang up so they've to phone me.   :)
I'm sneaky like that.

Tell me you are joking pints...
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

pintsofguinness

DoYerJob Linesman

pintsofguinness

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on May 18, 2008, 09:35:07 PM
Ah Christ Pints, but thats sad. 
:D
Ach I know it's bad and I swear I'm not tight or anything like it (wish I f**king was!) but Orange get enough of my money, my mobile bills are ridiculous - and they were looking for me in the first place. 

DoYerJob Linesman

What deal have you got with Orange Pints?  I'm with then and find them very good value?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on May 18, 2008, 09:45:27 PM
What deal have you got with Orange Pints?  I'm with then and find them very good value?

I've got 100 free minutes and unlimted text messages which is fine apart from one thing...where I'm from in South armagh would only get the coverage with the free state networks meaning most of my friends and family would be with them meaning one text to them costs about 50p and a phone call to one of their mobiles costs a f**king fortune. 

DoYerJob Linesman

Fair point,  :Dglad i'm from the black north.

lurganblue

going into two irish bars in vienna to watch the Gaelic and finding both of them having Rugby league or all the screans instead.  One of them was even showing the cricket ffs.  i asked one of the bar men are they not showing the gaelic in the first pub and he replied, "oh is there Gaelic on today?" he went away to check then said he couldnt get it here.

tried the other irish bar and it was the same story with the rugby league, although they sent for the manager who sorted out the satelite so i could catch most of the Cavan Antrim game.

ziggysego

Dosed with the cold on a Monday morning and coming into a paint fumed office.
Testing Accessibility