You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

ziggysego

Microsoft Office 2007. Why'd they have to change everything?
Testing Accessibility

screenexile

People who drive cars with white alloys!

We can usually tell you are scumbags lads no need to put a big sign on your f**king car!

Hardy

People who shake hands with somebody while looking at/talking to something/somebody else.

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Hardy on April 22, 2008, 04:07:18 PM
People who shake hands with somebody while looking at/talking to something/somebody else.

This type of societal rule on acceptable behaviour is actually a rather pertinent example of something which grinds my gears.
I read the inference of this type of 'rule' as 'I'll ignore the evidence presented by your actions, and judge you based on your adeptness at performing social niceties'. A recipe for a social structure which rewards the slick in my opinion!
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Puckoon

Ive been meditating and working on finding some inner peace. Havnt gear grinded in a while. You lot should try it.

Hardy

Quote from: Niall Quinn on April 22, 2008, 04:25:48 PM
Quote from: Hardy on April 22, 2008, 04:07:18 PM

This type of societal rule on acceptable behaviour is actually a rather pertinent example of something which grinds my gears.
I read the inference of this type of 'rule' as 'I'll ignore the evidence presented by your actions, and judge you based on your adeptness at performing social niceties'. A recipe for a social structure which rewards the slick in my opinion!

AH no. It's basic courtesy, in any culture to look at somebody in the face and a basic insult not to, as if to say "I'm busy interacting with this other person/thing and I'm only shaking hands with you because I have to".

There's a famous picture of Nixon handshaking somebody in a crowd while looking at his watch.

DrinkingHarp

Last time I vent on this one, cocksuckers who suck out in poker who should have NEVER been in the hand to begin with. >:( >:( ???

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Zapatista

People who do not indicate at all/properly at roundabouts. This is frustrating for drivers and pedestrians.

Hardy

You're waiting to pull out on the main road. There's a car coming from your right. You wait. She swings left into the road you're coming out of. No indicator. Mitigating circumstances that would get you five years off your life sentence.

ziggysego

Drunk 15 year old girls hitting on me.  >:(
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

No, not the bit of me HS. Far too young mate.
Testing Accessibility

Zapatista

Quote from: ziggysego on April 26, 2008, 01:36:35 PM
Drunk 15 year old girls hitting on me.  >:(
Drunk??? :o :o :o

Where in the name of goodness did this happen. Surely not in the company of responsible adults.

ziggysego

I know Zap. I wasn't pleased about that.

I asked to see their ID.
Testing Accessibility