You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 05, 2008, 06:09:03 PM
'Maternity Leave'.

Everyone knows you just say stuff like that to annoy people. I think you need to find a new game.

I'm deadly serious.
Why should people be allowed to take time 6 months off work and get paid for it!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

AZOffaly

pintsofguinness

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 05, 2008, 06:12:20 PM
Of course you are.

Yes!
You tell me why people should be allowed to take that amount of time off work with pay!  It's not as if they're sick, they choose to be in that position.  Could you say to your boss tomorrow you fancy 6 months off?

AZOffaly

Cheer up pints. Here's your favourite subject.

pintsofguinness

So you've no answer for me?

That child is just the type I like, doesn't make noise!

AZOffaly

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 05, 2008, 06:40:55 PM
So you've no answer for me?

That child is just the type I like, doesn't make noise!

Nope. None at all.

ExiledGael

The human race would be fucked with you in charge.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ExiledGael on March 05, 2008, 06:58:09 PM

How would it?
There was never any of this maternity leave or equal rights 50 years ago and the human race got on just fine.

Zapatista

What about paternity leave pints?

The human race serves no purpose anyway so work away pint, take charge :D

pintsofguinness

QuoteWhat about paternity leave pints?
Same, ridiculous.

ExiledGael

"There was never any of this maternity leave or equal rights 50 years ago and the human race got on just fine."

Did they? Quite possibly a few arguments there, but there's no point going into that.
Maternity leave means a parent can devote time to a newborn child, resulting in a better child eventually to be part of society. What's the alternative? That's the best way for the child, and humans must have that as their main interest.

Stanley

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 05, 2008, 07:02:39 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on March 05, 2008, 06:58:09 PM

How would it?
There was never any of this maternity leave or equal rights 50 years ago and the human race got on just fine.

Nothing to do with most women didn't work?

Stanley

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 05, 2008, 06:11:38 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 05, 2008, 06:09:03 PM
'Maternity Leave'.

Everyone knows you just say stuff like that to annoy people. I think you need to find a new game.

I'm deadly serious.
Why should people be allowed to take time 6 months off work and get paid for it!

So what is your solution, if a woman becomes pregnant and is in employment, she shouldn't get paid for the time she is off with her new born baby?  Should she have it and get back to work the next day with the new born left in child care, should she get state benefits to help her? AZ is correct you just say stupid things for attention, sad but suppose this is your stage, so get on with the acting.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ExiledGael on March 05, 2008, 07:09:10 PM
"There was never any of this maternity leave or equal rights 50 years ago and the human race got on just fine."

Did they? Quite possibly a few arguments there, but there's no point going into that.
Maternity leave means a parent can devote time to a newborn child, resulting in a better child eventually to be part of society. What's the alternative? That's the best way for the child, and humans must have that as their main interest.

Yeah the parent can devote time to a newborn and then throw him/her with a babysitter as soon as they can.

QuoteAZ is correct you just say stupid things for attention, sad but suppose this is your stage, so get on with the acting.
If you're not prepared to be sensible then just don't bother.

his holiness nb

I think paternity leave is great, there should be more of it  ;)
Ask me holy bollix