You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: Bar None on February 26, 2008, 01:58:56 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on February 26, 2008, 01:48:22 PM
I'm afraid I'm with pints about children on planes.

So what age do you think kids should be before they are allowed to enter the same room as yourself, ffs catch a crip.

They can come on a plane, but not before they take strong sedatives.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Pints the deep freeze must be full at this stage, no?

Bar None

Quote from: ziggysego on February 26, 2008, 02:01:21 PM
Quote from: Bar None on February 26, 2008, 01:58:56 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on February 26, 2008, 01:48:22 PM
I'm afraid I'm with pints about children on planes.

So what age do you think kids should be before they are allowed to enter the same room as yourself, ffs catch a crip.

They can come on a plane, but not before they take strong sedatives.

You really the darling of the board, go Ziggy go when you fought the good fight to allow your wheelchair on a bus in England, but don't let a young toddler who has done nothing wrong anywhere you might be as they annoy you, f**k me your some boy.  ::)

Bar None

Quote from: Puckoon on February 26, 2008, 02:02:07 PM

Pints the deep freeze must be full at this stage, no?

::) Don't kid yourself, he's for real.

Bar None

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 26, 2008, 01:55:48 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on February 26, 2008, 01:55:03 PM
Ill have a quiet word to richard and see what he can do. Once Virgin implement it, it will "take off" so to speak. The idea might even be a flyer. On the other hand it might not get off the ground...

Why don't they just ban children flying altogether or maybe have special planes for them.

Suppose you take this stance for all people that annoy you, people who talk to much, people who are a bit nervous, fat people who take up too much room or sweat too much beside you, or is it just the kids you hate?

ziggysego

Quote from: Bar None on February 26, 2008, 02:06:21 PM
You really the darling of the board, go Ziggy go when you fought the good fight to allow your wheelchair on a bus in England, but don't let a young toddler who has done nothing wrong anywhere you might be as they annoy you, f**k me your some boy.  ::)

I've never been called a darling before by a bloke. I'm flattered, I really am. However I don't float that way.
Testing Accessibility

Bar None

Quote from: ziggysego on February 26, 2008, 02:11:29 PM
Quote from: Bar None on February 26, 2008, 02:06:21 PM

I've never been called a darling before by a bloke. I'm flattered, I really am. However I don't float that way.

Totally pathetic attempt to avoid the issue, but only to be expected.  ::)

Square Ball

Eventuall got it booked, but its a rip off.....
0.02 EUR Total Fare

20.00 EUR Taxes, Fees & Charges

18.00 EUR Passenger Fee: BAG

8.00 EUR Passenger Fee: Airport Check in

8.00 EUR Passenger Fee: CC

54.02 EUR Total Paid

so the flights are 0.02 EUR and the final total is effin €54.02 and I have to get to Dublin
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Bar None

Did some regulatory body not deem that the price shown had to be the price charged, i.e. include all taxes etc, or is that just in sterling land?

AZOffaly

This is my tale of woe from Ryan Air, although to be fair, to get to France it's not that bad really. Travelling party is 6 adults and one 20 month old baby. (Sorry Pints)

Anyway ... Fare (Return) = 90 Euro.   :o :o :o
Taxes, Fees and Charges (1 bag checked in per person). = 317.30 !!  ::) ::)
Aviation/WCHR Levy = 34.74 (Wtf?)

Total - 442.04.

Still grand in my opinion for a flight to France for 6 adults and a baby, but Jaysus, the charges and fees are brutal. Over 3 times the actual fare.

ziggysego

Quote from: Bar None on February 26, 2008, 02:12:40 PM

Oh sorry, you want an honest answer? Ok.

Well it's not the children I have a problem with, after all they are children and children do what children do. (Did I children too many times in that sentence?)

It's more the parents that give their children a free rein to do what they want. That shouldn't be the case, they should be ensuring that their children behaves.

Again, I don't mind if a child is crying because s/he is unwell or stressed. It's the bad behaviour I don't like.
Testing Accessibility

Bar None

Quote from: ziggysego on February 26, 2008, 02:45:42 PM
Quote from: Bar None on February 26, 2008, 02:12:40 PM

Oh sorry, you want an honest answer? Ok.

Well it's not the children I have a problem with, after all they are children and children do what children do. (Did I children too many times in that sentence?)

It's more the parents that give their children a free rein to do what they want. That shouldn't be the case, they should be ensuring that their children behaves.

Again, I don't mind if a child is crying because s/he is unwell or stressed. It's the bad behaviour I don't like.

Yawn yawn yawn, toddlers will get bored in an enclosed place for any period of time and probably play up a bit, your blame the parents is an easy excuse, boring and just pandering to pints, which seems to be the norm on this board, no matter how outrageous his views are  ::) it's totally obvious you and pints have no kids, btw do you think parents with toddlers shouldn't be allowed to sit together on a plane?

ziggysego

Ah right Bar One, I've pulled up pint on a number of issuses. Just in this particular incidence, I agree with him.
Testing Accessibility

Bar None

By the way you tried to be a smartarse and belittle kids, I remember Sky Blue getting some abuse for what he said.  ::)

ziggysego

Quote from: Bar None on February 26, 2008, 02:55:44 PM
By the way you tried to be a smartarse and belittle kids, I remember Sky Blue getting some abuse for what he said.  ::)

That was different, that affected me:D
Testing Accessibility