You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

man in black

Quote from: tyssam5 on February 14, 2008, 09:00:25 PM
Dropping a full roll down the bog.

Annoying yes, what about going for a scooby doo in the work bogs, you get up for the wipe and survey the firemans blanket below. You leave your mobile on the cistern and some bastard calls you, the phone vibrates and falls into the firemans blanket beside the dead hippo. What does one do?
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

Farrandeelin

Being refused entry into a certain Dublin establishment when all my friends got in. Happened me last night. >:( >:( >:(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Red Sky

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 15, 2008, 01:40:15 PM
Being refused entry into a certain Dublin establishment when all my friends got in. Happened me last night. >:( >:( >:(

Not great friends if they all went in and left you.

take_yer_points

Quote from: man in black on February 15, 2008, 09:17:49 AM

Annoying yes, what about going for a scooby doo in the work bogs, you get up for the wipe and survey the firemans blanket below. You leave your mobile on the cistern and some bastard calls you, the phone vibrates and falls into the firemans blanket beside the dead hippo. What does one do?

And going for one in the work bogs (or any bog for that matter) with the irish news and the lights work on a sensor. So you get carried away with the sport section of the paper and after 10 minutes all the lights go off and you have to get up and wave your hand about over the door to get the lights back on!!

Or maybe that's just me...  :D

Puckoon

Quote from: man in black on February 15, 2008, 09:17:49 AM

You are making a huge mistake there by standing up in the first instance.

bcarrier

The Police state.

News
HMRC gets bugging powers
He already has the power to arrest, and as of today, the British taxman will also be able to intercept phone calls, emails and letters, as well as bug residential premises and private vehicles.
The powers were granted to HMRC in the Serious Crime Act, which gained Royal Assent in October, but did not come into force until the relevant statutory instrument is issued today.

"Customs officers have always had these powers because of their criminal investigations into drugs and guns," said an HMRC spokesman. "Now they will be granted across the board. We could use it purely in tax matters. Tax offences are quite often combined with other forms of criminality."

HMRC has stated that all surveillance will be conducted in compliance with the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act and the Wilson Doctrine, and subject to checks by the Office of Surveillance Commissioners and the Interception of Communication Commissioners Office. However, the department will not need to seek external authorisation for any of its surveillance activities.

The move flies in the face of assurances given when the Inland Revenue and Customs and Excise merged in 2005 that integration would not necessitate an alignment of powers. Professional bodies such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales will be further disappointed that HMRC has yet to draw up its own code of conduct regarding the new powers.

"It seems clear to me that HMRC used the merger to push for greater powers," said Harry Travers, partner at leading law firm BCL Burton Copeland and a member of the Institute's Tax Investigations Practitioners Group. "There is no evidence that bugging powers are needed in relation to direct tax fraud, and HMRC did not even attempt to provide any."

A number of Customs and Excise prosecutions have spectacularly and famously collapsed in recent years due to the abuse by officers of their powers. The prosecution for Operation Venison, which led to accusations of VAT fraud for five Manchester businessmen three years ago, fell through due to "muddle, incompetence and lack of frankness" said Mr Justice Crane. A prosecution in Liverpool Crown Court six years ago lead to a judicial inquiry into customs investigations techniques after a £30 million trial collapsed, and after a spate of spectacular court failures in 2000 the then Attorney General called for Customs an Excises' investigatory powers to be reviewed entirely.

"Broadening the choice of powers available for HMRC to abuse does not seem to me to be a sensible legislative development," Travers added.

The news comes shortly after the publication of the Chilcot Report, which recommended that intercept evidence should be used in court.

Minder

Went to Yorkgate cinema tonight for the 8.00pm showing of "No country for old men", stood in the queue and couldnt decide whether to do battle with a medium Sprite or a large one, until some fat girl told me the film was sold out.....Mother f**kers
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Red Sky

Quote from: Minder on February 16, 2008, 09:34:13 PM
Went to Yorkgate cinema tonight for the 8.00pm showing of "No country for old men", stood in the queue and couldnt decide whether to do battle with a medium Sprite or a large one, until some fat girl told me the film was sold out.....Mother f**kers

Had she been a 5'11 blonde stunner would it have eased the pain!  ::)

BallyhaiseMan

getting charged 13 Euro for a National League game.  >:(

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

pedro

St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

Square Ball

the Coke zero add with the tongues, yuck
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

full back

That wee cnut from the Halifax adverts is doing doing my head in >:(

Oh and toast crumbs in the butter is still an issue >:(

pintsofguinness

Ive an itchy big toe that's driving me mad!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?