You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Good stuff, a clear set of rules is exactly whats needed here.

Ziggy has been acting the bollox big time lately  :)
Ask me holy bollix

Square Ball

will we all have to agree to the new rules or will it just be taken as fact the if you post after they are posted you have to adhere to them?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Gaaboardmod3

Quote from: Square Ball on January 30, 2008, 11:38:35 AM
will we all have to agree to the new rules or will it just be taken as fact the if you post after they are posted you have to adhere to them?

Continuing to use the forum will imply that you agree. Otherwise we would have to get everyone to re-register.

There's nothing really new in there, it's just collating the various things we've seen happening over the past 18 months or more, and trying to put a clear set of penalties with them. I don't think anything will really surprise anybody.

full back

So will the slate be wiped clean then for everyone?

his holiness nb

Quote from: full back on January 30, 2008, 11:45:36 AM

I'd recommend that existing warnings and conditions remain.
Including one involving me.
Ask me holy bollix

Gaaboardmod3

Quote from: full back on January 30, 2008, 11:45:36 AM

No fullback, the warnings issued all relate to items in the new rules anyway, so they remain.

full back

Mods, why not wipe all the slates clean, get a bit of sledging going and get all this underlying tension out in the open. Then when everyone has everything of their chest we can start the new rules, otherwise all this sniping is likely to continue

Gaaboardmod3

Sorry fullback. That would be a disaster.

Anyway, the new rules are posted in a thread entitled New Forum Rules in this forum, so please take a look and comment. We will take your comments on board, make a final decision, and post the final, definitive version (notwithstanding any future amendments) after this period.

This is your chance to comment/voice disagreement etc.

The final decision will still be taken by the admin and mods.

The Real Laoislad

When kids call their parents by their name and not Mammy/Daddy or some of form of the latter..
Was working in a house today and this little kid of 3 or 4 was calling his parents by their name..
I found it strange to be honest and wouldn't really like it if i ever had kids for them to call me by my name..
Does any posters call their parents by their names ?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Quote from: full back on January 30, 2008, 11:55:06 AM
Mods, why not wipe all the slates clean, get a bit of sledging going and get all this underlying tension out in the open. Then when everyone has everything of their chest we can start the new rules, otherwise all this sniping is likely to continue

I like that idea, we could all get one mulligan to publicly castigate someone on the board who ticks us off. The everyone would feel better. It would be like having a great...... big.......... dirty......... public...........

sneeze. Clear the cobwebs out. Ill start.

Hardstations a sissy.

EDIT: Just read the rules, and I was only kidding.

Puckoon

If you pay for my flights, Ill even let you tell the woman you beat me.

full back

Want me to fill in on your behalf puck?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: hardstation on January 30, 2008, 05:59:43 PM
Puck, would you like to meet up for a fight?
Name a time and a place and I'll be there in half an hour.

:D
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Puckoon

Quote from: hardstation on January 30, 2008, 05:59:43 PM
Puck, would you like to meet up for a fight?
Name a time and a place and I'll be there in half an hour.

The mothers and toddlers space at sainsburys. Ill be there and I swear you wont get near another belfast bap again.

Puckoon

Not too many mind, we dont want you falling off the wagon. You have come so far.