You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Little Hitler bastards in the MOT centre failing your car on a tiny wee minute detail that can be fixed in 5 minutes :'(
The Aristocrat Years

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: 5 Sams on January 10, 2008, 05:14:30 PM
Little Hitler bastards in the MOT centre failing your car on a tiny wee minute detail that can be fixed in 5 minutes :'(

My girlfriend was told at her last NCT test that the indicator bulb on her 206 was too orange  ::)..I kid you not
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hardy

I don't know how it works "up there", but I was amazed and delighted at the approach yesterday here in the Republic of Cork. I brought herself's motor in for the NCT and it failed for a wiper linkage that was a little looser than it should be. The lad says to me "just bring it back within 21 days - no need to re-book".

"What do I do, then, when I come back?", I asked.

"Just come in to the reception and one of us will have a look at it", he says. "There'll be no charge".

Does anyone know if this is official procedure (the documentation doesn't mention this option - only a re-book and re-test, for a fee)  or just another example of our great nod-and-wink approach to regulations that can be so infuriating at most times, but very nice on occasions like this?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 10, 2008, 05:18:58 PM

My girlfriend was told at her last NCT test that the indicator bulb on her 206 was too orange  ::)..I kid you not

Don't get me started on the nct a fecking rip off if ever there was one >:( >:( How the fcuk can you keep a car in good condition with the roads we have jesus i drove into a pot hole today the size of the grand canyon
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

5 Sams

I was told once that the letters on my number plates were 3 millimetres too small...in fairness he let me off that time but he said if I came back next year with the same number plates it wouldnt go through.

The Aristocrat Years

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Hardy on January 10, 2008, 05:22:03 PM
I don't know how it works "up there", but I was amazed and delighted at the approach yesterday here in the Republic of Cork. I brought herself's motor in for the NCT and it failed for a wiper linkage that was a little looser than it should be. The lad says to me "just bring it back within 21 days - no need to re-book".

"Just come in to the reception and one of us will have a look at it", he says. "There'll be no charge".

Does anyone know if this is official procedure (the documentation doesn't mention this option - only a re-book and re-test, for a fee)  or just another example of our great nod-and-wink approach to regulations that can be so infuriating at most times, but very nice on occasions like this?

i think they don't charge you hardy so long as its a visual defect
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

5 Sams

Quote from: Hardy on January 10, 2008, 05:22:03 PM

That's what is known as common sense Hardy. Not a lot of it about up here when it comes to jobsworths.
The Aristocrat Years

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 10, 2008, 05:23:34 PM

Don't get me started on the nct a fecking rip off if ever there was one >:( >:( How the fcuk can you keep a car in good condition with the roads we have jesus i drove into a pot hole today the size of the grand canyon

Sure isn't Mayo just one big Pothole :D !
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 10, 2008, 05:54:55 PM

Sure isn't Ireland just one big Pothole :D !

fixed!!  ;D

Puckoon

Ah Deel, sorry about your story - but fcuk did it make me laugh!

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

50/50

High with one thing in my high.
Grumpy because I've only 90mins sleep in the last 48hrs.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.