You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Listen the fella that was injured is an absolute menace and a lowlife
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

lurganblue

People who think the mask goes under your chin, not covering mouth or nose. Why baw yer hole.

Watched a fella sit like this on the train commute home today.

general_lee

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 01, 2020, 08:13:30 PM
Quote from: general_lee on December 01, 2020, 02:07:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 30, 2020, 11:05:46 PM
Quote from: general_lee on November 26, 2020, 06:49:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2020, 08:37:55 AM
The lad grabs the door man in a headlock and starts throwing punches to his head, body slam extreme and outcome bad but the doorman didnt go out of his way to start a fight, if the person was kicked out of McD's then he should have walked away and went somewhere else. No lets start a fight

Bad for both parties but I don't think he's in life support, think he left the hospital?
Doing the doors isnt for everyone. Doormen act like this isn't part of the job description (unfortunate that they have to put up with it but surely they know it comes with the territory).
Simple solution would be  push the fella away, lock the door and keep him outside.

So basically close your business, keep people in the building until or if this person leaves, who's threatening behaviour is a risk not just to the doorman but it's customers?

Hmm that'll work and you know the time it takes police to call to a incident? It's not minutes
No, lock the side door. You do know that the McDonald's in question  has two entrances? I mean he's not inside, he's outside it. So either he has been ejected or denied entry. Either way job done, customers are safe inside.
And FYI I know how long it takes for the police to come to these incidents. I also know how long it takes the ambulance - also not minutes.

So what if he goes around to the other door?? I've already said that it's bad for both parties, but if someone gets you in a headlock and starts bashing your face in you'll defend yourself.
You lock it too. If anything the doorman is responsible for escalating matters.

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 01, 2020, 09:05:36 PM
Listen the fella that was injured is an absolute menace and a lowlife
I know he is. Doesn't deserve his head smashed off the pavement because a doorman can't do his job properly

Milltown Row2

So if the place is closed and customers stay locked up for over 30 minutes or longer depending on when the peelers turns up that's normal?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lurganblue on December 01, 2020, 10:18:22 PM
People who think the mask goes under your chin, not covering mouth or nose. Why baw yer hole.

Watched a fella sit like this on the train commute home today.
The usual scene in Armagh Saunsbury's is the Romanian's/Bulgarian's cruising around with the nose hanging out. A new one the other day was a woman with a wee mask covering only her nose.

lurganblue

Only a couple of days in and I hate this bastid elf on the shelf sh*te

johnnycool

Rudi

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: johnnycool on December 03, 2020, 08:29:23 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on December 02, 2020, 11:10:33 PM
Only a couple of days in and I hate this bastid elf on the shelf sh*te

+1

+1

The arseholes who started all that need a slap.

quit yo jibbajabba

The wee girls in bad form every morn now cos he hasnt came yet but hes came to others in the class,

Boot in the bollocks is correct for the genius who came up way that

BennyCake

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on December 03, 2020, 09:29:02 AM
The wee girls in bad form every morn now cos he hasnt came yet but hes came to others in the class,

It's f**king genius when you think about it.

Everyone knows it's a load of bollix but they feel they have to participate in this elf charade. What's the alternative?... "Listen kid, about this Santa fella..."?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on December 03, 2020, 10:55:59 AM

I'm the same with my 3. I'm not putting him out for another couple of weeks though. Feck that.

Tell them he has Covid and is self isolating

johnnycool

I'm the same with my 3. I'm not putting him out for another couple of weeks though. Feck that.

Ah, my wife starts off being very creative, putting a bit of effort in and all that. Come another week or so and she'll be saying to me that it's my turn to come up with something and I just f**k it into the christmas tree or the log basket, upside down from the lights and the likes...
Kids don't give a shit after a while either.

Even bigger morons are those with their elf pics on Facebook.......

snoopdog

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 03, 2020, 11:31:57 AM

Tell them he has Covid and is self isolating
Elf isolating.   Sorry.
Yeah we have one also . 2 days in . Heading north for the weekend. He isnt coming.

J70