You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Don't think there's any context that could justify body slamming someone head first onto the pavement to be honest.

Ethan Tremblay

Of course, what I meant is, why did the fight break out in the first place, what was the context that led to the bouncer doing that? If he was to bodyslam every sc**bag that walks into that mcdonalds vince mcmahon would have him signed up to wwe. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Jeepers Creepers

The 'victim' is well know in and around Belfast and I believe hes in a bad way on life support. Most will know the family name. Been discussing this today re the outcome of this. While the bouncer can claim self defence as the young lad appears to be attacking him. Is the Security job not to get the person outside, lock the door and call the cops? I'm sure he wishes he done that now!

brokencrossbar1

The lad is well known and from a well known family too. He had a lot of trauma as a child which has had an impact on his behaviour and also had his father brutally killed by another well know family. He may have been goading the bouncer but the final actions were extreme.

general_lee

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on November 25, 2020, 02:43:11 PM
Of course, what I meant is, why did the fight break out in the first place, what was the context that led to the bouncer doing that? If he was to bodyslam every sc**bag that walks into that mcdonalds vince mcmahon would have him signed up to wwe.
Obviously the smick initiated it, I'd imagine he's been barred from mcds or something, it all starts off pretty tame in the video from the looks of it.

Milltown Row2

The lad grabs the door man in a headlock and starts throwing punches to his head, body slam extreme and outcome bad but the doorman didnt go out of his way to start a fight, if the person was kicked out of McD's then he should have walked away and went somewhere else. No lets start a fight

Bad for both parties but I don't think he's in life support, think he left the hospital?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2020, 08:37:55 AM
The lad grabs the door man in a headlock and starts throwing punches to his head, body slam extreme and outcome bad but the doorman didnt go out of his way to start a fight, if the person was kicked out of McD's then he should have walked away and went somewhere else. No lets start a fight

Bad for both parties but I don't think he's in life support, think he left the hospital?

Sorry should have said intensive care with a fractured skull (family statement).

Orior

Without knowing the context, I assume the family would say that he one of those "lovable rogues", which to the rest of us means he is a complete ballbag.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Orior on November 26, 2020, 01:35:35 PM
Without knowing the context, I assume the family would say that he one of those "lovable rogues", which to the rest of us means he is a complete ballbag.

Google the name. Any of them.

general_lee

Doing the doors isnt for everyone. Doormen act like this isn't part of the job description (unfortunate that they have to put up with it but surely they know it comes with the territory).
Simple solution would be  push the fella away, lock the door and keep him outside.

Eamonnca1

"Asking for a friend."

It was funny the first time. Second time, not so much. After the squillionth time it's just getting a bit played out.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on November 26, 2020, 06:49:22 PM

Doing the doors isnt for everyone. Doormen act like this isn't part of the job description (unfortunate that they have to put up with it but surely they know it comes with the territory).
Simple solution would be  push the fella away, lock the door and keep him outside.

So basically close your business, keep people in the building until or if this person leaves, who's threatening behaviour is a risk not just to the doorman but it's customers?

Hmm that'll work and you know the time it takes police to call to a incident? It's not minutes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 30, 2020, 11:05:46 PM

So basically close your business, keep people in the building until or if this person leaves, who's threatening behaviour is a risk not just to the doorman but it's customers?

Hmm that'll work and you know the time it takes police to call to a incident? It's not minutes
No, lock the side door. You do know that the McDonald's in question  has two entrances? I mean he's not inside, he's outside it. So either he has been ejected or denied entry. Either way job done, customers are safe inside.
And FYI I know how long it takes for the police to come to these incidents. I also know how long it takes the ambulance - also not minutes.

tintin25

People who let their dogs s&*t in my garden

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on December 01, 2020, 02:07:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 30, 2020, 11:05:46 PM

No, lock the side door. You do know that the McDonald's in question  has two entrances? I mean he's not inside, he's outside it. So either he has been ejected or denied entry. Either way job done, customers are safe inside.
And FYI I know how long it takes for the police to come to these incidents. I also know how long it takes the ambulance - also not minutes.

So what if he goes around to the other door?? I've already said that it's bad for both parties, but if someone gets you in a headlock and starts bashing your face in you'll defend yourself.