You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

There was a family there in my day too.

Milltown Row2

Kids change with every generation! You've just got to be adaptable, down time with tablets is a must but ya can't complain about kids using them after buying them and also being on them yourself for an age, monkey sees monkey does!!!

If they show no respect then they learn that from their parents!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 03, 2017, 06:42:41 PM
I ran a 10k race on Thanksgiving and there was a fella running along pushing a pram. The child in the pram had a tablet computer with her. Like running through the streets on such a beautiful morning wasn't entertained enough, she had to have a screen in front of her face the whole time. And don't get me started on the minivans with their DVD entertainment system in the back seat. In my day you made conversation or read a comic or a book or found some way to amuse yourself. We did tally marks to count different makes or models of cars, I'd count different brands of petrol station along the way. Anything to pass a bit of time and make it a bit more interesting.

I can't believe a child in a rickety pram can't appreciate the beauty of the countryside for 6 miles.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Eamonnca1

StGallsGAA

Quote from: ONeill on January 03, 2017, 11:55:18 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 03, 2017, 06:42:41 PM
I ran a 10k race on Thanksgiving and there was a fella running along pushing a pram. The child in the pram had a tablet computer with her. Like running through the streets on such a beautiful morning wasn't entertained enough, she had to have a screen in front of her face the whole time. And don't get me started on the minivans with their DVD entertainment system in the back seat. In my day you made conversation or read a comic or a book or found some way to amuse yourself. We did tally marks to count different makes or models of cars, I'd count different brands of petrol station along the way. Anything to pass a bit of time and make it a bit more interesting.

I can't believe a child in a rickety pram can't appreciate the beauty of the countryside for 6 miles.

That's perambulator aged kids these days for you !  ::)

lurganblue

Standing in the queue for the hole in the wall.  Bastid in front walks away but fails to tell you that there is no money left in the thing.  You suspect this is the case as they dont take money themselves but of course you have to try yourself as they could have just been checking their balance.

Hardy

I wouldn't have believed him anyway and would have tried it myself.

Orior

Quote from: hardstation on January 04, 2017, 09:48:55 AM
Maybe they were just checking their balance....

Three wheels on my wagon,
And I'm still rolling along,
etc
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

No wides

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 03, 2017, 05:34:46 PM
Yup. In my day you had to turn the TV off and come to the table for your dinner. You ate what was put in front of you and you had to be respectful. When adults were talking you kept quiet.

Nowadays kids have a screen with them wherever they go and they feel entitled to be entertained every waking second. They feel entitled to be the centre of all attention constantly and they don't have to pick their toys up when they're done with them.

In my day two homosexual men couldn't adopt a child, what's your point, you accept homosexual men adopting kids but your obvious disdain for kids proves your chic liberalism is just that  - you are full of shit. 

No wides

Quote from: Orior on January 03, 2017, 01:01:44 PM
I grew up in an era when children were to be seen and not heard. Any answering back to parents, grandparents, aunts or uncles would have been met with a sharp rebuttal and some kind of punishment.

What it taught me was respect for my elders, which was no bad thing at all.

Catch a f**king grip of yourself Orior - children should also be shown respect, though I think you are trying to be funny, if children feel unable to ask questions or counter what an adult is saying if they think it is wrong how is that correct.  No wonder so many poor kids suffer in silence when they can't approach their parents without fear or rebuttal or punishment.

No wides

Quote from: seafoid on January 03, 2017, 06:17:40 PM
Kids still have to eat at a table and be polite.

And should be allowed to play with their toys in their own home, without some fcukwit from Ireland complaining about them.

No wides

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 03, 2017, 08:42:57 PM
There was a family there in my day too.

I doubt anyone visited you or your's, you are in dreamland - hence you are in America, please stay there.  :)

Asal Mor

The technology is grand, even necessary, once it's rationed. Kids in general are allowed to spend way too much time on tablets and phones by parents who can't be bothered parenting. I don't understand the decision(on a planet that's being destroyed by overpopulation) by some people to have 3/4/5 kids when it's clear they'd rather be doing other things, but the most obvious motivation seems to be that they can post cute pics of them on social media. I'm far from a perfect parent myself of course.

No wides

Quote from: Asal Mor on January 04, 2017, 02:30:21 PM
The technology is grand, even necessary, once it's rationed. Kids in general are allowed to spend way too much time on tablets and phones by parents who can't be bothered parenting. I don't understand the decision(on a planet that's being destroyed by overpopulation) by some people to have 3/4/5 kids when it's clear they'd rather be doing other things, but the most obvious motivation seems to be that they can post cute pics of them on social media. I'm far from a perfect parent myself of course.

Getting back to the good old days we went out at breakfast at weekends or after tea at weekdays and came home for food and bed.  That was common place around the estates why did folk have 3,4 or 5 kids then? Your slur on lazy parenting beacause a child watches tv or plays a computer game is ridiculous. Lets not get away from the adopted yanks original issue kids daring to play with toys at christmas in their own home.

Asal Mor

Quote from: No wides on January 04, 2017, 08:01:11 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on January 04, 2017, 02:30:21 PM

Getting back to the good old days we went out at breakfast at weekends or after tea at weekdays and came home for food and bed.  That was common place around the estates why did folk have 3,4 or 5 kids then? Your slur on lazy parenting beacause a child watches tv or plays a computer game is ridiculous. Lets not get away from the adopted yanks original issue kids daring to play with toys at christmas in their own home.
He must be an irritable grouch alright. We can't all be as laid-back as yourself though.