You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 01, 2016, 06:06:35 AM
People driving about at night with no lights on. It's an epidemic here. I blame daytime running lights that light up the dashboard even though the tail lights are out.

It is common everywhere, although while in CA last year I was surprised to see some guy whizzing along on the I405 with no lights of any sort.

They are always the brain dead types who ignore you even if you flash your lights to remind them.

Quote from: Over the Bar on April 02, 2016, 05:54:11 PM
Knobs who wear jumpers around their shoulders........ttwts

I know what you mean, I usually tie mine around my waist.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

omaghjoe

I with yis on the lights, the dash getting lit up has caught me a few times

general_lee

Earphones and chargers. These are the bane of my life. Why do Apple, Samsung et al go to such huge lengths to develop their products and then give you the shitiest quality earphones and charger to go with them? I've a Samsung and iPhone. I've had to replace both chargers because the wires are so shite and the same with the iPhone earphones. The Samsung earphones are just f**king stupid. The left earphone is long and the right one is short! Always leads to a pile of fidgeting! So stupid  >:(

lurganblue

Quote from: general_lee on April 11, 2016, 02:07:27 PM
Earphones and chargers. These are the bane of my life. Why do Apple, Samsung et al go to such huge lengths to develop their products and then give you the shitiest quality earphones and charger to go with them? I've a Samsung and iPhone. I've had to replace both chargers because the wires are so shite and the same with the iPhone earphones. The Samsung earphones are just f**king stupid. The left earphone is long and the right one is short! Always leads to a pile of fidgeting! So stupid  >:(

The wife has one of those wireless charging yokes for Samsung.  Looks a lot handier.

Orior

Adverts in the occupied six counties inviting me to join the british army. Fcuk off!!!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

mikehunt

Do nordie folks think cos they're south of the border, the rules of the road don't apply to them? Had the misfortune to be on the M1 Friday evening and the amount of fcukwittery by yellow regged cars. Now I know ye're all in a rush to get out but ffs, you don't own the f**king road. Do penalty points not apply to nordies with GB driving licences?

leenie

We just drive like that to annoy knobheads like you
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

mikehunt

Quote from: leenie on April 11, 2016, 03:49:54 PM

Luckily I don't be on the M1 much but found myself thinking, these nordies are really aggressive drivers. Was wondering was it cos they were in a rush home. When I got up there I realised nah it couldn't be that.

oakleaflad

Quote from: mikehunt on April 11, 2016, 03:27:26 PM
Do nordie folks think cos they're south of the border, the rules of the road don't apply to them? Had the misfortune to be on the M1 Friday evening and the amount of fcukwittery by yellow regged cars. Now I know ye're all in a rush to get out but ffs, you don't own the f**king road. Do penalty points not apply to nordies with GB driving licences?
I can't let this slide. Try driving around a roundabout in Derry or Strabane and avoid a Donegal driver, you would be doing well.

lfdown2

Quote from: mikehunt on April 11, 2016, 03:57:25 PM

Luckily I don't be on the M1 much but found myself thinking, these nordies are really aggressive drivers. Was wondering was it cos they were in a rush home. When I got up there I realised nah it couldn't be that.

You were sitting in the overtaking lane, weren't ye?

mikehunt

Quote from: oakleaflad on April 11, 2016, 04:01:40 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on April 11, 2016, 03:27:26 PM
I can't let this slide. Try driving around a roundabout in Derry or Strabane and avoid a Donegal driver, you would be doing well.

I would consider Donegal drivers nordies too.

mikehunt

Quote from: lfdown2 on April 11, 2016, 04:04:27 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on April 11, 2016, 03:57:25 PM

You were sitting in the overtaking lane, weren't ye?

Incorrect.

lfdown2

Sorry, sure I should have said the right lane, there's me confusing our southern friends with confusing terms like 'overtaking lane'

laoislad

Have to agree with mikehunt on this one. There are some amount of knobheads in yellow reg nordie cars on that M1.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: laoislad on April 11, 2016, 04:23:44 PM
Have to agree with mikehunt on this one. There are some amount of knobheads in yellow reg nordie cars on that M1.

Zooming past you in your '02 Toyota Starrrrrrrrlet no doubt!