You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on March 29, 2015, 08:41:30 PM
Clocks going forward an hour!

Instead of them going forward in the middle of the night on a saturday and everyone losing an hours sleep, they should go forward at 4pm on a friday afternoon. Id say this would be far more popular!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

general_lee

Doing a 12 team accumulator, including three draws. One team lets ya down!  >:(

trileacman

Conor McGregor and all this trash talking shite. If only his achievements were as big as his mouth. Don't understand the media hard-on for him as present except for JOE.ie trying to ram it down my throat at every oppurtunity on fb. He's contrary to everything we look for in a Irish sporting hero too, could you ever imagine Henry Shefflin or BOD mouthing like a f**king bollix in order to boost their own notoriety?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

laoislad

Quote from: trileacman on March 30, 2015, 09:33:33 PM
Conor McGregor and all this trash talking shite. If only his achievements were as big as his mouth. Don't understand the media hard-on for him as present except for JOE.ie trying to ram it down my throat at every oppurtunity on fb. He's contrary to everything we look for in a Irish sporting hero too, could you ever imagine Henry Shefflin or BOD mouthing like a f**king bollix in order to boost their own notoriety?

I usually hate fcukers like him and throw in the fact that he's a bleedin Dub.
But saying all that I actually like the hoor!
Have no interest in the sport to be honest but fair f**ks to him I say.
As he says himself he was a dole bum a few years ago.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

I used to like him when I thought he actually had something to say. Now he's just a yap whose every word, regardless of sense or wit, gets lapped up by an adoring fan base who think he's the second coming of Ali's mouth. At press date for the Aldo fight in Rio last week he came out with something along the lines of "back in the day I'd ride into your favela on horseback and gun you down". Gibberish.

AZOffaly

He's a nob. A mouthy nob. But that's part of his image, that's probably why he's getting these fights. He is so obviously ripping off Ali it's not funny, and I actually hope the Brazilian lad kicks the shite out of him.

To be honest I can't stomach MMA anyway, it's far too raw and reminds me of a dirty row you'd see on the the street, elbows, knees and kicks.

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 31, 2015, 10:09:16 AM
He's a nob. A mouthy nob. But that's part of his image, that's probably why he's getting these fights. He is so obviously ripping off Ali it's not funny, and I actually hope the Brazilian lad kicks the shite out of him.

To be honest I can't stomach MMA anyway, it's far too raw and reminds me of a dirty row you'd see on the the street, elbows, knees and kicks.

The thing is, he hasn't even earned this fight yet. He's had some good wins and looked dominant but there are guys ranked above him who deserved a shot at Aldo before he did. He's very much Dana's guy and if he doesn't follow that through, which I don't think he will, he could end up getting discarded as quickly as he was anointed. I won't go so far as to say I hope he loses but I'm not far off it.

Asal Mor

Replays on highlights videos. No call for them unless it's something exceptional and certainly no need to replay every single highlight.

JohnDenver

Bullshit like this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-32217870

It's probably bad enough that looking after your mother is seen as an exceptional event, but that coupled with having to publicise it is even worse.

supersub

Fair play to him. On the other hand you have money grabbing idiots in the same profession gambling and snorting away their wages.

trileacman

Quote from: JohnDenver on April 08, 2015, 03:10:34 PM
Bullshit like this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-32217870

It's probably bad enough that looking after your mother is seen as an exceptional event, but that coupled with having to publicise it is even worse.

I f**king agree with that. Add in the almost daily headline "you won't believe what [insert celebrities] did for this dying 12-yr old." I've no problem with the action in itself but we don't need the constant portrayal of minor celebs as fcking Mother Teresa.

And don't reply telling me that worthy actions or good deeds deserve praise in the press. Would your precious celebrities stop carrying out these charitable actions if there was a blanket ban on media coverage of them happening? and if so what does that really say about the morality of today's "heroes".

trileacman

Quote from: supersub on April 08, 2015, 03:17:54 PM
Fair play to him. On the other hand you have money grabbing idiots in the same profession gambling and snorting away their wages.

Thank you for that considerate and realistic appraisal of today's footballers. I was really worried you were gonna paint a black and white image of footballers as greedy, coke addicted wasters or granny loving angels but you didn't.

andoireabu

People saying sentences back to front. Instead of "it is very busy today" they say "very busy today it is".
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

blewuporstuffed

The woman that sits beside me at work.
Would you ever for fook sake just shut up  :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either