You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: ballinaman on March 26, 2015, 10:10:13 AM
When the cashier hands your change back on top of the receipt.......

I see this complained about a lot. I don't understand. What's the problem? I didn't know there was a right way to do this.

ballinaman

Quote from: Hardy on March 26, 2015, 11:18:10 AM

I see this complained about a lot. I don't understand. What's the problem? I didn't know there was a right way to do this.
Separately!
One hand holding what you've just bought and then you have to do a David Blaine type maneuver to get the coins off the receipt with 1 hand.....

laoislad

Quote from: ballinaman on March 26, 2015, 11:24:20 AM

Separately!
One hand holding what you've just bought and then you have to do a David Blaine type maneuver to get the coins off the receipt with 1 hand.....
What's worse is when you have your hand held out to take the change and they put it on the counter.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hardy

Separately!

Why do you need to get the coins off the receipt? One manoeuvre - coins and receipt into pocket.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hardy on March 26, 2015, 11:33:07 AM

Separately!

Why do you need to get the coins off the receipt? One manoeuvre - coins and receipt into pocket.

Exactly. I don't get this I have to say.

Bingo

theticklemister

theticklemister

Eamonnca1

Related: In American shops they have a fierce habit of putting the dollar bills on your hand and setting the coins on top. The problem with this is either the coins slide off and end up on the floor, or you have to drop everything and rush to catch them before they do. Either way it's awkward. I appreciate it when they put the coins in your hand first and put the bills on top. When they do it the wrong way I've been known to give them a bit of advice about how to do it right.

ziggysego

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 26, 2015, 11:14:37 PM
Related: In American shops they have a fierce habit of putting the dollar bills on your hand and setting the coins on top. The problem with this is either the coins slide off and end up on the floor, or you have to drop everything and rush to catch them before they do. Either way it's awkward. I appreciate it when they put the coins in your hand first and put the bills on top. When they do it the wrong way I've been known to give them a bit of advice about how to do it right.

I bet they love you.

Incidentally, I much rather have the paper notes first and the coins on top.
Testing Accessibility

gallsman

Quote from: ziggysego on March 26, 2015, 11:22:32 PM

I bet they love you.

Incidentally, I much rather have the paper notes first and the coins on top.

Definitely. Weighs the notes down.

Jell 0 Biafra

I appreciate it when they put the coins in your hand first and put the bills on top.

I've never heard of such madness.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: ziggysego on March 26, 2015, 11:22:32 PM

I bet they love you.
They do actually.

QuoteIncidentally, I much rather have the paper notes first and the coins on top.

Outrageous.

theskull1

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on March 26, 2015, 11:48:59 PM
I appreciate it when they put the coins in your hand first and put the bills on top.

I've never heard of such madness.

Surely scientific funding needs to be found to study this area of our lives.

Cancer can wait
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

ziggysego

Today an 70+ year old man, who was a complete stranger, came up to me, put his hand on my face and started to stroke my beard.
Does no-one know what boundaries are anymore?
Testing Accessibility