You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: CD on November 26, 2013, 01:41:10 PM
Mrs CD and I banned the oul TV altogether there about 3 months ago as my 4 year old was becoming obsessed. Best thing we ever did. TV room is closed and locked and used as a treat - once a week or so. The kids have stopped asking about it and are playing around the house very happily - going to be a long oul winter without it!

People who do this grind my gears.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Under Lights on November 26, 2013, 02:16:41 PM
Mrs CD and I banned the oul TV altogether there about 3 months ago as my 4 year old was becoming obsessed. Best thing we ever did. TV room is closed and locked and used as a treat - once a week or so. The kids have stopped asking about it and are playing around the house very happily - going to be a long oul winter without it!

You're not a teacher then?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dinny Breen

Jesus bit harsh alright.

Weekdays they are allowed 1 hour in the evening in my house. At weekend TV is turned off at 10am and not back on till 6pm ish where we all sit down together for a family movie either Sat or Sun.
#newbridgeornowhere

CD

I'd say that would be the ideal Dinny - that's what I'm aiming for. Thought a bit of Cold Turkey before a gradual reintroduction was the thing.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

laoislad

I wired a house a few years ago and the guy had 3 daughters under 6.
He wanted Tv points in each of their rooms and then got me to put up LCD TV's in each room during 2nd fixing.
I wasn't even a parent then and I thought it was madness.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

johnneycool

Quote from: CD on November 26, 2013, 02:42:43 PM
I'd say that would be the ideal Dinny - that's what I'm aiming for. Thought a bit of Cold Turkey before a gradual reintroduction was the thing.

I presume the parents are also on cold turkey?

Are they banned from internet access as well?

CD

Quote from: johnneycool on November 26, 2013, 02:44:23 PM
Quote from: CD on November 26, 2013, 02:42:43 PM

I presume the parents are also on cold turkey?

Are they banned from internet access as well?

Absolutely - it's been great - no Downton, Xfactor or Strictly for us!

Obviously the internet is needed for work purposes and beats the ban. Ahemm.

Under Lights

CD

ziggysego

My wee nephew seems to like Zou. Sings away to it.
Testing Accessibility

Farrandeelin

;D Sounds like something my parents would have done to me when I was younger!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

CD

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 26, 2013, 07:48:08 PM

;D Sounds like something my parents would have done to me when I was younger!

And didn't you turn out just fine!!!  ;)

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 26, 2013, 02:37:24 PM

Jesus bit harsh alright.

Weekdays they are allowed 1 hour in the evening in my house. At weekend TV is turned off at 10am and not back on till 6pm ish where we all sit down together for a family movie either Sat or Sun.

Similar enough set up to us Dinny. Give them an episode of the Waybullos in the evening to calm them down before bed whereas before they used to be mesmerised by segments on the news, etc. So that got canned and as well as reducing the negativity they are now colouring in and reading books, if not using me as an emergency stop for a full room sprint. Liking the sound of a family movie.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Tony Baloney

Two of my sons were at the house of ones from school last Friday and came home yapping as the two lads (twins) have separate bedrooms with 40" tvs and BOTH are getting a new XBox One on Saturday! A grands worth of consolesa month before Christmas!