You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

The way Jeremy Clarkson says "Lamborghini Murcielago".

haranguerer

People saying 'No pressure then!' in an attempt at amusing irony.

It may have been funny the very first time the person who thought it up said it, not now.

Onion Bag

When you go to a match and the man on the Microphone calls out the whole team even though it is on the match program.
yes, announce if there are going to be any changes but going through and calling out 30 names, in both Irish and english is not necessary in that dull boring f**king voice
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Onion Bag on August 13, 2012, 05:20:22 PM
When you go to a match and the man on the Microphone calls out the whole team even though it is on the match program.
yes, announce if there are going to be any changes but going through and calling out 30 names, in both Irish and english is not necessary in that dull boring f**king voice

What if there are not enough programmes printed for everyone?

Onion Bag

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 13, 2012, 05:56:24 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on August 13, 2012, 05:20:22 PM

What if there are not enough programmes printed for everyone?

Find someone with a program
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Orior

I hate that LateRooms.com advert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JcFNvqz4c0

It promises casual sex, but so far I havent even got within 3 yards of a woman without her saying "Get away from me creep"
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Two things

The One Show
The Giants Causeway (boooring)

Eamonnca1

Newsbeat. 

• Because it's a blatant copy of a format invented by BBC Radio 1, indicating a lack of creativity
  • Because it's distracting to hear music in the background while someone reads the news
  • Because it's part of a dumbing down trend. It's as if the audience is too stupid to be interested in the news, so let's play some music to keep them entertained.  Stop insulting my intelligence. I can listen to the news without switching off for lack of music.

>:(

trileacman

Dropping a small item onto the floor and never finding it again despite the fact there is only a limited area it can be in.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

maddog

Not being able to find the end of the sellotape, combination of bad eyes and no nails.

eoinbeag

Quote from: trileacman on August 17, 2012, 11:14:33 PM
Dropping a small item onto the floor and never finding it again despite the fact there is only a limited area it can be in.

Happens with plectrum's all the time ffs!

trileacman

Quote from: maddog on August 18, 2012, 01:36:11 PM
Not being able to find the end of the sellotape, combination of bad eyes and no nails.

Finding the end of the sellotape unrolling about an cm of it and getting to that part that's stuck to the cardboard.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Gaffer

Getting a picture  taken with a boxer.

Why the need for the clenched fist pose?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Hardy

Another visual cliché - biting the Olympic medal.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: eoinbeag on August 18, 2012, 01:40:28 PM
Quote from: trileacman on August 17, 2012, 11:14:33 PM

Happens with plectrum's all the time ffs!
The plectrum's what?