You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 10, 2012, 06:26:33 AM
I don't give to anybody in the street.  It's like feeding pigeons.  Only encourages the blackguards.  There's a handful of worthy causes I give to in my own time, and they're only ones that I know do a good job of it rather than becoming a fundraising operation almost for its own sake.  There's some cancer research outfits that seem to do nothing but raise more funds.  When I see how elaborate their fundraising efforts are I start to wonder how the hell there could be anything left to spend on actually researching the condition.  Some of them in the states, particularly concerning breast cancer and other female-specific cancers, seem to have become a fundraising industrial complex in their own right.

It seems like every time I go to pay for my groceries at Safeway I'm asked by the PIN pad if I want to make a donation to another cancer charity.  Every time I pay for pet supplies I'm asked by the machine if I want to help a homeless pet.  Pressing 'no' has become instinctive. 

And don't get me started on the homeless at the end of freeway exits.  That's flat out illegal in California, you can call the Highway Patrol and have them removed.  They can be a bit intimidating.  If you're driving with the top down they seem to take it as an open invitation to come over and start getting in your face.

Worst of all is the beggars in San Francisco. Aggressive motherfuckers. There's one petrol station in particular where they seem to hide in the bushes or somewhere and wait until you've started pumping before they appear out of the woodwork and grab the squeegee to start washing your windscreen.  I tell them to get their hands off my f***ing car and get out of my sight.  I would even say they really grind my gears. 

"Give the the needy" my hole.  When the same boy standing on the same corner has been asking you for change for five years and he doesn't seem to have all his worldly possessions with him you start to get a bit cynical after a while.  I've heard stories about them boys taking off after a day's begging and going home to an upscale apartment.

I don't have the words to put down which describes my deep hatred and anger at this moment; so in relation to this thread.............

You know what really grinds my gears......... Eamonnca1

EagleLord

http://youtu.be/FmbONgz5mBs

I cant get across my hatred of this man via keyword. His whole life pisses me off. His lifestyle, his image, he PR shite, his existence. He grinds my gears.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: theticklemister on July 10, 2012, 08:48:20 AM
I don't have the words to put down which describes my deep hatred and anger at this moment; so in relation to this thread.............

You know what really grinds my gears......... Eamonnca1

Thank you for the attention. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you very much.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Canalman

thebigfella

Olly

Underwear. What's the point in it? Why don't they just sow detachable pants to the inside of trousers for the first time and then just take the hit afterwards every time you wear them?

Also, sausage rolls. They don't seem to put the effort into making them any more.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

laoislad

Ziggysego taking up every page on my Facebook with ridiculous status updates, links to awful songs and pictures, boring news stories and stupid quotes from Dr Who and whatever other nerdy stuff he is into.
How do I cut back on what I have to see?
It's impossible to find anything on my page with all the rubbish he has up on it.

No offence Zig  ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ziggysego

Quote from: laoislad on July 11, 2012, 04:36:00 PM
Ziggysego taking up every page on my Facebook with ridiculous status updates, links to awful songs and pictures, boring news stories and stupid quotes from Dr Who and whatever other nerdy stuff he is into.
It's impossible to find anything on my page with all the rubbish he has up on it.

No offence Zig  ;)

Testing Accessibility

Eamonnca1

Quote from: laoislad on July 11, 2012, 04:36:00 PM

No offence Zig  ;)
Look for a small down arrow to the right of one of his posts.  Click on that and you'll get a menu offering you the chance to unsubscribe from his updates.  I've done that with a handful of people that I like to stay in touch with but I can't be bothered reading their Jesus messages and other stupid posts.

year til sunday

Irish League Football - and their stronger representatives taking part in European football

I mean who in their right mind would pay to watch this complete sh1te?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18794346

and as for David Jeffery the man manages a dominant team virtue of its financial clout in a pathetic league and is considered a demi-god and visionary - pure shite, which he is very fond of spouting! Also, is it just me or is he actually trying to talk and sound like Brendan Rodgers?

http://www.u.tv/utvplayer/video/145332/119390

last but not least Stephen Watson, the jack of all sh1te!! what a laughable gormless soul...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz13WcEd21A

eddie d

hollyoaks, neighbours, eastenders, corrie, home and away etc, the star telling me that bb is great, BB for that matter, the sun telling me sky is great,a new reality show everytime a different 1 finishes,(what can i complain about after BB finishes?)

Eamonnca1

Quote from: eddie d on July 13, 2012, 07:12:23 PM
hollyoaks, neighbours, eastenders, corrie, home and away etc, the star telling me that bb is great, BB for that matter, the sun telling me sky is great,a new reality show everytime a different 1 finishes,(what can i complain about after BB finishes?)

"So, a rich little man with white hair died. What does that got to do with the price of rice, right? And why is that woe to us? Because you people and 62 million other Americans are listening to me right now. Because less than 3 percent of you people read books. Because less than 15 percent of you read newspapers. Because the only truth you know is what you get over this tube. Right now, there is a whole, an entire generation that never knew anything that didn't come out of this tube. This tube is the gospel, the ultimate revelation. This tube can make or break presidents, popes, prime ministers. This tube is the most awesome goddamn force in the whole godless world. And woe is us if it ever falls into the hands of the wrong people. And that's why woe is us that Edward George Ruddy died. 

So, you listen to me. Listen to me. Television is not the truth. Television's a goddamn amusement park. Television is a circus, a carnival, a traveling troupe of acrobats, storytellers, dancers, singers, jugglers, sideshow freaks, lion tamers, and football players. We're in the boredom-killing business. So if you want the Truth, go to God. Go to your gurus. Go to yourselves! Because that's the only place you're ever gonna find any real truth. But, man, you're never gonna get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you wanna hear. We lie like hell. We'll tell you that Kojak always gets the killer and that nobody ever gets cancer at Archie Bunker's house. And no matter how much trouble the hero is in, don't worry. Just look at your watch. At the end of the hour, he's gonna win. We'll tell you any shit you want to hear.

We deal in illusions, man. None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night -- all ages, colors, creeds. We're all you know! You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here! You're beginning to think that the tube is reality and that your own lives are unreal. You do whatever the tube tells you -- You dress like the tube. You eat like the tube. You raise your children like the tube. You even think like the tube. This is mass madness, you maniacs! In God's name, you people are the real thing. We are the illusion! So turn off your television sets. Turn them off now! Turn them off right now! Turn them off and leave them off. Turn them off right in the middle of this sentence I'm speaking to you now. Turn them off!!"