You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Moving house and tweaking your back so you can barely walk never mind carry a box >:(

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 01, 2012, 11:07:32 AM
I got caught a beaut in Phoenix one time doing that Eamonn. Driving along about 5 miles above the limit after GAA training at about 9 at night. Next thing saw the outline behind me, slowed to exactly the limit, he stayed behind me for about 5 minutes. I kept checking him in my rear view mirror saying "Go on you fecker, turn off".

Next thing the lights flash, and the Dooooopp sound. So I pull over and wonder what the feck I did. Cop comes over and says I was 20 mph over the limit, and I was shocked, no way says I, I saw you in the mirror. I was conscious of my speed.

You were he said, smiling, except you were so busy watching us you never noticed you were going into a construction zone limit, 20mph. License and registration please sir.

Feckers.
;D

ziggysego

Quote from: gawa316 on July 01, 2012, 01:12:52 PM
Moving house and tweaking your back so you can barely walk never mind carry a box >:(

Happens to me from time to time. Excruiating.
Testing Accessibility

Dougal Maguire

Good move chief
Careful now

gawa316

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 01, 2012, 02:19:51 PM

Good move chief

Sickening thing was I was chasing the 2 yr old cub around the place and not actually doing any packing or moving like I should've been doing. The wife has 2 weeks to go before she pops so we're gettin feck all done and to top it all off have to go to a 2 yr old's birthday party now!!

Dougal Maguire

Mmm, that puts a different perspective on things. Get well soon and good luck to you and the wife
Careful now

Eamonnca1

I got caught a beaut in Phoenix one time doing that Eamonn. Driving along about 5 miles above the limit after GAA training at about 9 at night. Next thing saw the outline behind me, slowed to exactly the limit, he stayed behind me for about 5 minutes. I kept checking him in my rear view mirror saying "Go on you fecker, turn off".

Next thing the lights flash, and the Dooooopp sound. So I pull over and wonder what the feck I did. Cop comes over and says I was 20 mph over the limit, and I was shocked, no way says I, I saw you in the mirror. I was conscious of my speed.

You were he said, smiling, except you were so busy watching us you never noticed you were going into a construction zone limit, 20mph. License and registration please sir.

Feckers.
Ouch! Feckers surely. Did you challenge the ticket?

ballinaman

If I hear "Team GB" one more time on sky sports news......I dunno, I don't think my TV will last this summer...a shoe or something will be thrown at it.

Gazzler

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 02, 2012, 05:55:51 PM

Feckers.
Why would he challenge it? He was caught fair and square.

Eamonnca1

If the cop doesn't show up for the court appearance then the judge will automatically drop the ticket.  Cops write so many tickets that they seldom have time to follow up with court appearances, they just hope that most drivers will pay the fine so save the hassle and go to traffic school to keep it off their records. If you challenge the ticket then you're taking a chance though, because if the cop does show up then you're gonna have some explaining to do to the judge so you'll need to have a story ready, and you'll have to pay the fine anyway for he'll surely find you guilty unless you come up with something clever.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Gazzler on July 02, 2012, 09:47:43 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 02, 2012, 05:55:51 PM

Feckers.
Why would he challenge it? He was caught fair and square.

Nope, as Gazzler says, got caught rotten so I just paid it. Well played by them actually :)

ONeill

Argos f**king home f**king delivery.

Something was meant to be delivered today between 8-8 so was housebound all day. At 7:30 it was looking dodgy so I phoned to find out what was wrong. Yer man said the courier attempted to deliver at 12:10 but couldn't access property which was 100% bollocks. The hoor either didn't try or went to some other part of the country. I asked why he didn't call me (either driver or Argos) and he said the drivers don't carry phones and they (the offices) only check delivery status at the end of the day (8pm). I asked what if it happens again tomorrow and he couldn't answer that and said hopefully it'll work out.

Only it's Lent I'd open the 1943 Bowmore.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

When other people write on walls of friends on facebook. (And you see each and every comment), Jesus and they have each others numbers and all.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

take_yer_points

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 05, 2012, 11:17:07 PM
When other people write on walls of friends on facebook. (And you see each and every comment), Jesus and they have each others numbers and all.

Worse again, people sitting in the same room writing to each other on facebook.

In a similar vein, someone in the same office in work emailing a question to me when they're about 5 yards away - nothing confidential or anything. Open your mouth and ask me!

theticklemister

Ye work with a girl whose really annoying and you have to take the same break as her, the 2 of ye on your own......................

............ so you decide to grab the local paper and go to the back room and pretend to be on the computer, but really you are looking forward to reading the local GAA at the back of it....................................

.............. she walks past saying 'you not going up?' i reply 'na, gonna do stuff on the computer here just' and the paper is just to the side of ye. 'Is that the Journal?' 

'Aye' I replied.
'Are you reading it?' came the question
'Just gonna do a wee bit on the computer first.' said I
'Sure if your on the computer i'll take this up the stairs sure.'

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(