You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Nope didn't know that. I thought as long as I wasn't blocking the flow of traffic from the other direction of the crossroad, which I wasn't, I'd have to wait for an opportunity on green or wait for the arrow

Hardy

Quote from: ardal on January 23, 2012, 11:32:55 PM
I'd imagine that's nonsense. Should you have proceeded beyond the stop line without being able to complete the turn? As far as I understand it, it's OK to turn when you can get through the yellow junction / or compete the manoeuvre

He didn't say anything about a yellow junction. I'd be amazed if there's a box junction when there's no filter light (unless there was one that wasn't working).

Quote from: lurganblue on January 24, 2012, 07:07:23 AM
Nope didn't know that. I thought as long as I wasn't blocking the flow of traffic from the other direction of the crossroad, which I wasn't, I'd have to wait for an opportunity on green or wait for the arrow

That's right (I'm not sure if there was a filter light - "arrow" - that didn't work or there was no arrow), but you wait for your opportunity on green, not behind the stop line, but in the turning right position. This is how it's put in the (Irish) Rules Of The Road:

• As soon as you can do so safely, take up a position just left of the middle of the road or in the space provided for right-turning traffic.
  • Where possible, leave room for other vehicles to pass on the left.
  • Do not turn the steering wheel until you are ready to make the turn.
  • When a safe gap occurs in oncoming traffic, finish your turn so that you enter the left-hand side of the road into which you are turning.

If the safe gap doesn't occur when the light are green for you, it will by default when they go red and the oncoming traffic has to stop. You now have priority to turn before the traffic coming across you from right or left.

maggie

People (mainly men in my experience) who spit out on the street, especially where you are just about to walk. Seriously rank.

Gazzler

When you go into buy a jumper or shirt and you find something and you think yeah that's perfect until you turn it around and the back of it is plastered in writing like Jack and Jones or Tommy Hilfiger or something.
Why do they do this to perfectly good clothes and why would anyone wear one with writing all over the back of it?

muppet

Quote from: maggie on February 15, 2012, 03:08:10 PM
People (mainly men in my experience) who spit out on the street, especially where you are just about to walk. Seriously rank.

Do women actually do this too?
MWWSI 2017

Orior

FlyBe can contact customers of a forthcoming flight telling them that the flight times have been changed. No financial impact thank you very much.

But if I contact FlyBe telling them I want to change a flight, then FlyBe charge me money.

B'stards.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Asal Mor

The sound on RTE's soccer coverage being a second ahead of the picture. For Benfica's goal last night George Hamilton was screaming "it's there!!!" at the moment the player was heading the ball. Very annoying ( it would be even more annoying in a decent game) and it's something that should be simple to rectify yet it seems to have been a feature of RTE's soccer coverage for years.

Canalman

Those traffic lights in the sunshine where it is never clear whether the green light is on or not.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Asal Mor on April 05, 2012, 12:24:34 PM
The sound on RTE's soccer coverage being a second ahead of the picture. For Benfica's goal last night George Hamilton was screaming "it's there!!!" at the moment the player was heading the ball. Very annoying ( it would be even more annoying in a decent game) and it's something that should be simple to rectify yet it seems to have been a feature of RTE's soccer coverage for years.

The coverage for the Leinster Munster Rugby game was the very same... Had to be a good 3 seconds ahead of the picture meaning that the ball would be at the back of a ruck and the commentary would already be on around the break made in the following phase....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

CorkMan

The RTE and TV3 commentators getting a simple things wrong. For the Arsenal Milan game a few weeks ago, George Hamilton was calling Urby Emmanuelson, Sammuelson for the whole game. The other night Mark Lawrenson was sure Nesta had given away two penalties even though Antonini had given away the first. The first one probably wouldn't have been so annoying if Arsenal weren't 4-0 down.

maddog

when the gearbox goes in the car, that grinds my clucking gears

omagh_gael

Having to do a really bad crap in work where you know everyone will know it was you who dropped it. Personally, I would hold on till i got home, but one particular man appears to take great delight in squeezing out horrendous, chemical warhead grade dumps that pollute the office for about an hour! What's the general consensus? Do you squeeze the cheeks or let er rip?

HiMucker

Whilst in the seated squat position you should have one hand on the flush handle and the other against the cubicle door.  As those useless wee bolts are not going to stop a fully grown adult male bursting through for dump not realising someone else is already marking the territory.  Upon the turds impact on the surface of the water flush the handle.  This should keep the embarrassment to a minimum.

omagh_gael

Good advice. Another technique is to coordinate your squeezes to the hand dryer. Although this requires heavy bathroom traffic to be successful.

winghalfun

Sunshine cyclists/runners/walkers congesting the roads while kitted out like Lance Armstrong or Usain Bolt.

Where the f**k are all these idiots when it is raining or even mildly overcast.

Either exercise consistently or stop being a nuisance when the first ray of sun appears.