You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

The way the English pronounce the surname Moran. Or for that case the way McDermott is pronounced over there.

Sorry for that whinge!

Rois

Quote from: Canalman on August 12, 2011, 12:49:39 PM
The way the English pronounce the surname Moran. Or for that case the way McDermott is pronounced over there.

Sorry for that whinge!
So that's why Mary McDermott-Moran from Glenroe rarely left Wicklow...

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Sorry for that whinge!

In Australia they pronounce it Mur-ann.

They have a town on the East Coast called Ballina-Bay which they pronounce Bal-eeen-a Bay, sounds fuckn stupid.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

isourboydownyet

the coors light ads with van damm,whats that all about?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

pintsofguinness

Sorry for that whinge!
YES!
I know someone called "Mo-ran" as he calls himself. 

Drives me mad!  I keep telling him he's pronouncing his own name wrong....
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Olly

England people get a lot of words wrong. We all know that the 'g' at the end of a verb is silent as in calling (callin), running (runnin) etc. The English prounounce that last G. It's amazing. I worked for a boy in Luton and answered his phones for him and he'd say 'who was rinGinG?' It was like Ring - ging - ga.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Olly on August 12, 2011, 06:28:43 PM
England people get a lot of words wrong. We all know that the 'g' at the end of a verb is silent as in calling (callin), running (runnin) etc. The English prounounce that last G. It's amazing. I worked for a boy in Luton and answered his phones for him and he'd say 'who was rinGinG?' It was like Ring - ging - ga.

Some people in the north pronounce the final G as well. So do Americans. It's called having a different accent.

maggie

Fella I used to know in England, pronounced his surname as Sym-the. Even though it was Smith. Always reminded me of Hyacinth Bucket.   

Tony Baloney

Quote from: maggie on August 12, 2011, 08:00:44 PM
Fella I used to know in England, pronounced his surname as Sym-the. Even though it was Smith. Always reminded me of Hyacinth Bucket.
Symthe?

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 12, 2011, 09:02:30 PM
Quote from: maggie on August 12, 2011, 08:00:44 PM
Symthe?

I know a family whose surname is Lemon. The mother of the clan thinks she is a bit above everyone and calls herself Mrs Le Mon.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

maggie

Is it Smy-the then?  Its been a long nite.

randomtask

Olly

Milk. They definitely have changed the taste of it in recent years.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".