Cruel and Unusual.

Started by Denn Forever, January 27, 2024, 11:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Alabama tries a new method of execution.  Rated a success by alabama but it took 30 minutes for him to die! I thought execution had to be humane?  Govenor saying other states should adopt Nitrogen asphication.  I

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/01/25/us/kenneth-smith-nitrogen-gas-execution-alabama/index.html

iF CNN is a bit too hippy-dippy, how about the BBC.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68109309

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Armagh18

Bullet to the head surely be best?

Captain Obvious

Some fcuk up and the whole execution thing I'd question.

To prove killing someone is wrong let's go kill that person. An actual life sentence in prison should be the punishment for those murders.

tonto1888

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 27, 2024, 11:52:59 AMBullet to the head surely be best?

No death penalty would surely be best?

Rossfan

Yanks again showing what an uncivilised shower of sick cnuts they are.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Saffrongael

How many states have the death penalty ? Mostly southern states with a blood thirsty governor ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Nearly half!

Was listening to the reports on that latest death in Alabama, sounded horrific
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jell 0 Biafra

The federal government also has the death penalty, which means there are executions in some states that don't themselves have the death penalty.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 27, 2024, 04:23:00 PMHow many states have the death penalty ? Mostly southern states with a blood thirsty governor ?
Fair correlation with Republican states unsurprisingly.

nrico2006

I'd rather be in jail for life than dead.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 27, 2024, 06:53:58 PMI'd rather be in jail for life than dead.
In Maghaberry maybe, but death probably a better alternative than a lot of places in the US.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 27, 2024, 07:17:46 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 27, 2024, 06:53:58 PMI'd rather be in jail for life than dead.
In Maghaberry maybe, but death probably a better alternative than a lot of places in the US.

True. Prison should be hard and punishing every minute of every day. Basic food provision, no menus or choice etc. and hard labour daily. No Internet, TV in a cell, computer games or degree courses.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 27, 2024, 11:38:04 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 27, 2024, 07:17:46 PM

True. Prison should be hard and punishing every minute of every day. Basic food provision, no menus or choice etc. and hard labour daily. No Internet, TV in a cell, computer games or degree courses.

Sounds like my life in the 70's

Prisoners across the world, had better conditions than I had growing up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 27, 2024, 11:52:59 AMBullet to the head surely be best?

Was just thinking that. Why all these ridiculously elaborate methods.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Rossfan on January 27, 2024, 03:18:58 PMYanks again showing what an uncivilised shower of sick cnuts they are.

It's funny but in recent years,  Olympic and World Cup host countries (Russia,  Qatar, Saudi Arabia etc) have been  criticised for their attitude/laws/death penalties  towards  gays, women etc.  Yet the US has hosted numerous events and not a word about attitudes to same, and their  death penalty.

Remember seeing a  documentary  a while ago , and it basically looks  like  the US prison system is a  cheap labour camp for big business.  People thrown in jail for  having a break light  out or  a baldy tyre. Big businesses have a contract with the prisons so  they basically  are paying little to nothing  for labour