Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Limerick arguably should have beat kk o get to the ai final a few years ago and possibly could have won it but seem to have dropped off a lot since then. Strange as they do seem to have the players.

In saying that any kind of result for us against them would be a huge result. We historically do very poorly against them - i think they are too physical for us - so iwould behappy with competitiveness.

north_antrim_hound

M Armstrong named at 11 for Sunday, when did he join panel.
Smashing player at underage but haven't seen much of him lately.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 23, 2018, 09:21:01 AM
M Armstrong named at 11 for Sunday, when did he join panel.
Smashing player at underage but haven't seen much of him lately.

Good addition surely, i ref'd him at the weekend, silly enough challenge game but he hurled rightly, has an eye for scores and strong player... open door policy i assume?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

MoChara

1 – R Elliott

2 – A Graffin

3 – J Dillon

4 – S Rooney

5 – R McCambridge

6 – P Burke

7 – J Maskey

8 – E Campbell

9-C McKinley (c)

10 – C Johnston

11 – M Armstrong

12 – N McManus

13 – D Mc Kinley

14 – C McCann

15 – N Elliott

SUBS 16 – E Gillan, 17 – M Donnelly, 18 – N McAuley, 19 –  J McNaughton, 20 – D Murphy, 21 – D Kearney, 22 – D McGuinness, 23 – M Connolly, 24 – D McCloskey, 25 – C Carson, 26 – E O'Neill

Sweeper 123

Perfect Condition for the Match  - dry a little cold but no wind; Optimistic we will get close today with what Limerick are missing but please let us get the 2 points;
Lets be a little more offensive and cut out our short puck out mistakes (dont mind them, its the mistakes coming from them that have let us down)
+10points I feel is a good thing

Sweeper 123

Another Disaster very disappointing - cant work the shortpuck out. Ryan in nets was very strong and thought that Rocky in FB played well other defenders were poor.

Minder

Really poor performance and tactics were baffling
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

hurlingstick

Limerick players held on to the ball until they'd an option and with the running forwards they'd always several of them. We weren't as comfortable on the ball and had very few clear options when we did. Movement seems to be a major factor in why we are so far behind.

Rocky gives his all every game and fully deserves the respect he has earned. Our two corner backs had a tough day - the ball going into the corners was good.

A hard day for the Antrim players against a good team. Will be hard to motivate them for the Offaly game. Could we do with modern, fresh minded coaches in our senior county set up? Specifically for movement and tactics?

Milltown Row2

Limerick have stuffed us so many times in the league that this result does not surprise me unfortunately, the worst thing about this result was the performance..

the big teams have now got into the grove with regards to training, fitness, tactics and system of play. We have the big game against Offaly and that's the focus.. but we need everyone to lift it..

Now where is old timer ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

The difference in purposeful delivery of the ball, control under pressure and movement off the ball was very obvious. Was always on the cards going by recent form
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Minder on February 25, 2018, 04:25:54 PM
Really poor performance and tactics were baffling

What tactics the one where we pump nothing ball in top of 6 defenders and two forwards
No system, no movement, no first touch, no fielding,no pace.
Apart from that we are OK

Minder

See Maol Connolly left the panel just before the game
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Exiled Ruairi

Yeah I seen him heading up the 'hill' before throw in with his kitbag and sticks. Couldn't blame him if he did walk away. Player parachuted into team after a weeks training would do that to a man.

theskull1

Quote from: Exiled Ruairi on February 25, 2018, 06:56:32 PM
Yeah I seen him heading up the 'hill' before throw in with his kitbag and sticks. Couldn't blame him if he did walk away. Player parachuted into team after a weeks training would do that to a man.

Management no doubt trying to strengthen the team, but he wouldn't be the 1st person to take exception to decisions like this.......(if that was the reason.....team named a few days ago so left it late).

Being a young player, who still hasn't bedded a position down with his own club, on that basis I think he should've stayed humble and stuck it out a benefitted from the training.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: groundlie on February 25, 2018, 08:56:17 PM
Tough day at the office for sure. Certainly didn't see it coming as I thought we could really test an understength limerick. 1B can teach a team some tough lessons and today was a real lesson in modern hurling. I still think it's been a good league with plenty of positives to take from it however limerick were in 2nd gear all afternoon and totally blew antrim away.

If Limerick were in 2nd gear and blew us away what's the positives