?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

toby47

Quote from: screenexile on February 06, 2020, 04:46:59 PM
Just received them first round 5th April.

They're not in a Gaaboard friendly format so can't put them up I'm afraid.

Can anyone post up the first 2 or 3 rounds of fixtures?

screenexile

restorepride

Sorry to hear of Francie Brolly's death - a true Gael.  Suaimhneas Síoraí dó. 

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: restorepride on February 06, 2020, 07:23:32 PM
Sorry to hear of Francie Brolly's death - a true Gael.  Suaimhneas Síoraí dó.
[/quote

Aontaím leat

Derry Optimist

In yesterday's Irish News former top class GAA journalist,Paddy Heaney. was fulsome in his praise for new Derry football manager Rory Gallagher.He maintained that the future  of the Oak Leaf County could be very promising under his stewardship.

He said that in order to become great again all the County now needed was an inspirational player, like the legendary American Super Bowl  quarterback of yesteryear Joe Montana.Has anybody spotted a potential Joe Montana anywhere within the county?!

Red10

Quote from: Derry Optimist on February 06, 2020, 09:16:09 PM
In yesterday's Irish News former top class GAA journalist,Paddy Heaney. was fulsome in his praise for new Derry football manager Rory Gallagher.He maintained that the future  of the Oak Leaf County could be very promising under his stewardship.

He said that in order to become great again all the County now needed was an inspirational player, like the legendary American Super Bowl  quarterback of yesteryear Joe Montana.Has anybody spotted a potential Joe Montana anywhere within the county?!

Haven't seen any real leaders or inspirational players about Derry. No Murphy, McManus or Fentons although Rodgers looks to have the potential to be that type of leader. Hopefully some of the younger lads might come through as those type of characters. At the minute we probably just need a group playing as a team and not doing their own thing when the pressure comes on.

Mikhailov

That Derry Division 1 looks tight, not much room for error in a 12 team division. I like that format and it should work well in Tyrone from next year onwards. Makes for a really competitive league and some great looking fixtures in your league. I hope to get to some of them games played on Friday & Monday nights which is a great idea also and earns the home team a few pounds extra due to the larger crowd in attendance.

I see Magherafelt are playing their first 5 games away from home. Is their pitch closed or is there work going on at it?

Wildweasel74

Any of these clowns man up and made a decision on the pitch, this is a joke, still no call at 11:30am

Derryboi

Wasnt able to make the game today because of the farce regarding wether the game was on or not.only game I've missed do far,and wouldn't ye kno,they won.anybody at the game care to give an analysis.were derry good or tipp bad? Any improvement from the last day?? Great result all the same.

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 09, 2020, 11:31:50 AM
Any of these clowns man up and made a decision on the pitch, this is a joke, still no call at 11:30am

Call was made around 9 not to play the game as the pitch wasn't playable. From what the stewards told me, the ref agreed with Celtic Park staff around 11am but was pressurised by Croke Pk to play the game

A win is a win but it was tough viewing today. We were motoring rightly in the 2nd half until Tipp went down to 12 / 13 men. Played keep ball / lateral football rather than go for the jugular. Niall Keenan was excellent today. RG reverted to type with 15 men behind the ball for every Tipp attack. Shane McGuigan is a serious footballer.
We beat Louth in 2 weeks, we'll be on 5 points.and who knows what could happen?

Wildweasel74

Pitch was OK and and would been from 8, the messing around and a late call off would only have left tipps supporters halfway up the country and having to turn bck home.

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 09, 2020, 03:46:14 PM
Pitch was OK and and would been from 8, the messing around and a late call off would only have left tipps supporters halfway up the country and having to turn bck home.

The pitch was brutal and wasn't fit for a game of football today.

oakleaflad

Quote from: JoG2 on February 09, 2020, 04:00:32 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 09, 2020, 03:46:14 PM

The pitch was brutal and wasn't fit for a game of football today.
The pitch wasn't great but it was playable. I've played on worse.

Squareball71

Anything other than a win today would have been a disaster. At one stage Derry were playing 15 vs Tipperary's 11.

When the first of the sin bins came back on to make it 15 v 12 Derry were 0-9 to 0-4 up. 6/7 minutes later the second Tipp sin bin player came back on and it was 0-9 to 0-6. Nothing but lateral passing, poor pass selection and some brutal shooting from 30+ metres out. One shot nearly missed the catch net it was so poor.

Like someone said earlier at least a win is a win but after that the positives end. A long and arduous road lies ahead. Hopefully another win at home to Louth but I fear a damage limitation job away to Cork.

restorepride

Quote from: Derryboi on February 09, 2020, 02:54:18 PM
Wasnt able to make the game today because of the farce regarding wether the game was on or not.only game I've missed do far,and wouldn't ye kno,they won.anybody at the game care to give an analysis.were derry good or tipp bad? Any improvement from the last day?? Great result all the same.
The game was never called off, so your 'logic' is strange!