RTE - Whats going on?

Started by joebloggs, December 12, 2007, 07:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joebloggs

RTE are showing the Rangers game instead of Man Utd!!!! Whats the story there? They haven't even shown a Celtic game in the Champions League this year!

tyrone exile

well the rangers game is the onlu game on tonight with any meaning!

joebloggs

yea but whos interested in it? Even more people would be interested in Arsenal as they can play some nice football.

his holiness nb

I agree, its the best choice, something is actually at stake.

One nil Lyon btw!
Ask me holy bollix

Gabriel_Hurl

it's the only meaningful game in Europe tonight that's why

clarshack

rte showed the celtic v milan game at parkhead. rangers v lyon has more at stake thats why it is being shown. bit like the liverpool game last night.

Rossfan

Your woman Clare what's hername on the Sports news this evening mentioned "6 British Sides" qualifying for the closing stages about 5 times.
The Radio sports news is as bad these days as it's nothing but how ythe British teams did in Europe.
Why not close the bloody Ststion down and let's all look at Sky Sports like proper Brits. >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

red hander

'Whats the story there?'

Ireland is full of Lyon supporters tonight

saffron sam2

3-0

Darcheville off.

RTE knew what they were doing.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ziggysego

Quote from: Rossfan on December 12, 2007, 09:08:07 PM
Your woman Clare what's hername on the Sports news this evening mentioned "6 British Sides" qualifying for the closing stages about 5 times.
The Radio sports news is as bad these days as it's nothing but how ythe British teams did in Europe.
Why not close the bloody Ststion down and let's all look at Sky Sports like proper Brits. >:(

Although I hate that myself and don't care much for soccer, there is a larger percentage of the Irish population that follow British soccer teams. They even refer to them as "us" and "we", so I would imagination that's why RTÉ highlighted the "6 British Sides".
Testing Accessibility