Started by theticklemister, October 11, 2016, 06:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Avondhu star on April 04, 2017, 10:28:02 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 04, 2017, 08:56:04 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on April 04, 2017, 07:26:33 PM
Quote from: five points on April 03, 2017, 09:56:51 AM
Quote from: theticklemister on March 30, 2017, 07:43:21 AM
Since October 2016 we have been collecting GAA Jerseys for Palestine and hundreds of you out there rallied to the call.

Unfortunately, we have had no way of getting the jerseys to Palestine, subsequently we will be sending them to Syria.

One word for this: Fraud.
I would have issues with his methods but wouldnt agree its fraud. The whole area of providing support to the third world or to situations like Palestine, eastern Ukraine etc is very difficult. There are so many different poitical/military groups on the ground and not all would have good records on human rights. Hamas can be as cruel to their own Palestinians people as the Israelis
The IRA were worse than Hamas. 
You wouldn't put the IRA in the same category as the British Army, presumably

The behaviour of the British forces in Ireland whether in the1916 to 1921 period or the 1969 to 1994 period is nothing to be proud of. Hamas' treatment of Palestinians in Gaza, the West Bank etc. who are opposed to them is far worse than anything the Provisionals did to their opponents.
Today we see what Assad in Syria does to his own people. Do we want to see his undercover murderers wearing GAA jerseys? That is the problem when you cannot control aid to refugees.

What sort of social welfare did the Provos provide to their people while they were fighting the Brits?
NI was never as bad as Gaza.

And the Provos killed plenty of spies too. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/20/world/middleeast/20gaza.html
"I felt there was a lot of thirst for blood," one soldier is quoted as saying. "This is the beauty of Gaza. You see a person walking down a street or path; he does not have to be with a weapon. You just have to see him with something, and you shoot him."
He also described an incident in which a platoon commander ordered the shooting of a woman who was crossing a street close to a house used by Israeli forces: "Suspicious, not suspicious, I don't know her story. what he did in the end was get the men on the roof and take her out. From that story, I felt it was cold-blooded murder."

Central to Israel's defence of its actions in Gaza in 2014  is the claim that international humanitarian law (IHR) is inadequate and must be modified to accommodate the "asymmetrical"nature of modern warfare.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

theticklemister

Yeah, them poor children in the photos i just received are damn f**king terrorists alright.

www.facebook.com/gaajerseysforpalestine

more pictures will follow.