China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 27, 2020, 09:27:48 PM
Work is a massive difference.

In ROI all travelling to work, unless it is essential services is banned.

In NI you can travel to your work (doing any job) if you can't do your job from home.
Those are two very different scenarios.

It seems to be a big point of contention between Arlene and Michelle as the latter has said all week that she wants a total lockdown on all bar essential work.

Let's look at the list first. I'm not at work and I'm in medical services! Was speaking to the owner of a engineering firm, he's closed, plenty firms are closed and the hospitality and retail business are closed, there's not much left bar the public sector jobs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smokin Joe

The owner of the engineering firm might have closed, but not because the government are forcing him to close.

That's what is different.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 27, 2020, 09:52:03 PM
The owner of the engineering firm might have closed, but not because the government are forcing him to close.

He closed because he didn't want to endanger his employees ya muppet
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

OgraAnDun

Can't go 2km from your house, can't visit family except in exceptional circumstances... seems like a lockdown to me compared to the north

Milltown Row2

Quote from: OgraAnDun on March 27, 2020, 10:12:06 PM
Can't go 2km from your house, can't visit family except in exceptional circumstances... seems like a lockdown to me compared to the north

France adding another two weeks to their lockdown also.

From what I've seen lately people are social distancing and self isolating. My kids don't see friends haven't since the 'lockdown' wife hasn't left house only to walk dogs around the block, I'm doing all the shops.

I think the message is getting there but some builders from my area are still building away, that's my biggest complaint with Boris's lockdown.

It won't be 2 weeks, we are closed till June! Or until it's sorted

bamboo

Might have been covered already but what's the deal with funerals in the south- if a COVID death?

And what about people wanting to enter the country -from England-  for a funeral?

Tony Baloney

UK still tracking with Italy. It's gonna be bad in 2 weeks.

Place definitely a lot quieter but giving people carte blanche to go the shops is an issue. I heard McAnerney's in Armagh was packed like Christmas today.

armaghniac

USA hit the 100,000 mark with 14,500 new cases. Everything is bigger in the US, even pandemics.

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 27, 2020, 10:35:01 PM
Place definitely a lot quieter but giving people carte blanche to go the shops is an issue. I heard McAnerney's in Armagh was packed like Christmas today.

That is the fault of the shop who should be making them queue in the car park, 2m apart.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 27, 2020, 10:35:01 PM
UK still tracking with Italy. It's gonna be bad in 2 weeks.

I went to Lidil today, they were spaced out the car park, one out, one in. Possibly 15 customers in there at a time, enforced social distancing and everyone wearing gloves, customers and all.

Any outings to shops we put our clothes  in washing machine as soon as we get in through the door!

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2020, 10:51:47 PM
Any outings to shops we put our clothes  in washing machine as soon as we get in through the door!

This time of year I am wearing a coat and the virus only lasts on fabric for 4 hours, so I don't.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on March 27, 2020, 10:56:31 PM

This time of year I am wearing a coat and the virus only lasts on fabric for 4 hours, so I don't.

Wife is watching and listening to all the online experts and news

Solo_run

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2020, 11:01:47 PM

Although 4 hours has been advised and there are ranging times, there's no harm on washing clothes after but as with everything else... Wash your hands after

LeoMc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2020, 09:53:27 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 27, 2020, 09:52:03 PM

He closed because he didn't want to endanger his employees ya muppet
Are you not agreeing with each other here. Engineering firm made the decision to close to look after his employees, not because he had to. If owner was a Cnut workers would still be in working away. It should not be down to individuals to decide.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Solo_run on March 28, 2020, 12:05:50 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2020, 11:01:47 PM

Although 4 hours has been advised and there are ranging times, there's no harm on washing clothes after but as with everything else... Wash your hands after

As I do, gloves on gloves binned ! And showered when I came in! Relentless but once it's a habit it's not an inconvenience