The official Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Started by heganboy, July 03, 2018, 12:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: Boycey on January 28, 2019, 02:03:38 PM
A shocking 7 teams from the Premier League left in the FA Cup at the last 16 stage.. Yes I know the League is the be all and end all but feck me that's brutal. If any of the 3 big clubs draw each other over the next couple of rounds it could open up completely.

It would be great if the FA cup came with a Champion's league place as reward for winning it. Would certainly spice the competition up a bit!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on January 28, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
A shocking 7 teams from the Premier League left in the FA Cup at the last 16 stage.. Yes I know the League is the be all and end all but feck me that's brutal. If any of the 3 big clubs draw each other over the next couple of rounds it could open up completely.

It would be great if the FA cup came with a Champion's league place as reward for winning it. Would certainly spice the competition up a bit!

Can the FA use one of their placings in the CL to give to the FA cup winners? I.E fouth place?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2019, 02:22:09 PM
Quote from: GJL on January 28, 2019, 02:20:04 PM

Can the FA use one of their placings in the CL to give to the FA cup winners? I.E fouth place?

I think they could if they can give the winner a Europa league spot? I dont think the big boys would ever allow it though (and UEFA probably would not be keen either). Too big a risk of a "smaller" team getting in and taking one of "their" places. Although if you look back through the last twenty years winners that risk is probably minimal.

ned

CL qualification is by league placing only. Cannot use cup competitions for CL entry.

Boycey

Are the Chelsea players on the verge of sacking their 3rd manager in the past 5 years?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Boycey on February 02, 2019, 02:12:42 PM
Are the Chelsea players on the verge of sacking their 3rd manager in the past 5 years?
A ruthless Roman Abramovich does the sacking at Chelsea.

Hound

Norf Tyrone

2 x leagues in that time so not the worst policy.

United have sacked 3 managers in 5 years and have no leagues to show for it!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 03, 2019, 02:09:43 PM

How many managers have WestHam had and never won the league? 

Having a long term manager is great if there's always progression, if not it may be a case of someone moving on and let someone else have a go..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 03, 2019, 02:09:43 PM

Touchy...

You think player power is the way to go??

manfromdelmonte

Another example of inept officials being blind
Quicker VAR is introduced the better

Milltown Row2

Liverpool one defeat from losing top spot..

Busy set of fixtures coming up with CL games and FA cup games for some, injuries and lack of form may take its toll on some teams

manfromdelmonte

The state of Klopp complaining about referees when they have gotten almost every decision going all season.

laoislad

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 05, 2019, 08:02:47 AM
The state of Klopp complaining about referees when they have gotten almost every decision going all season.
The state of you that you only ever talk about Liverpool and never about the team you claim to support.....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2019, 09:55:33 PM
Liverpool one defeat from losing top spot..

Busy set of fixtures coming up with CL games and FA cup games for some, injuries and lack of form may take its toll on some teams
Who's going to beat thrm?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.