Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Carbon copy of Friday night when the contest should have be over by half time. Pope making a number of fine saves and at least one of the disallowed goals could easily have stood. Burnley score from their first effort in the match at the start of the 2nd half thanks to poor defending by Shaw and Maguire and then Burnley battled bravely for that draw.

United meanwhile with such flaky group of players was unable to match Burnley 2nd half once they upped the intensity. I'll be shocked if this United side manage to finish the season in 4th.

Capt Pat

Good result for United tonight. Bottom of the table Burnley not to be taken for granted.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 08, 2022, 10:25:31 PM
Good result for United tonight. Bottom of the table Burnley not to be taken for granted.

If Burnley play like that rest of season they'll finish mid table
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 08, 2022, 10:11:26 PM
Carbon copy of Friday night when the contest should have be over by half time. Pope making a number of fine saves and at least one of the disallowed goals could easily have stood. Burnley score from their first effort in the match at the start of the 2nd half thanks to poor defending by Shaw and Maguire and then Burnley battled bravely for that draw.

United meanwhile with such flaky group of players was unable to match Burnley 2nd half once they upped the intensity. I'll be shocked if this United side manage to finish the season in 4th.

I reckon they'll finish 7th at best tbh.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

NAG1

Think last night showed the lack of confidence that is in the team/ squad at the moment. Couldnt respond to the Burnley goal and the intensity being upped after the goal.

Also it is hard to see a pattern of play or style coming through. Hard to imagine that the plan would have been to get the ball wide and do loads of crosses against a defence who want that style to play against and are comfortable defending.

I think Ralph wanted to get the squad down to a manageable number so that he could work more intensely with the remaining players but it is hard to see what the plan is.

His reported early impression of Maguire, Wan Bassaka and Shaw hasnt been proven too wrong thus far that's for sure.

Cunny Funt

Deserved draw for Southampton. Didn't expect United to win so can't say I'm surprised with the result. United have got into a habit of drawing matches 1-1 from taking the lead. No reaction to goals conceded, no spark, desire and passion in that United group of players to finish the season on a high.

gawa316

Watched the second half...Southampton deserved their point...Maguire's poor season continues, he gets turned so easy and is very rash.

What's the deal with pogba? Just running down his contract and leaving for free? What a waste of talent. I'm surprised the free ride he gets from Utd fans.

Armamike

They're in a bad state.  It's going to take a root and branch approach through the club to get them back to challenging again.  Big clear out of players needed and start again with a new intake who will fit a style of play.   
That's just, like your opinion man.

stiffler

Turgid again from United. Bruno looks a shadow of the player he was this time last year, something seriously wrong in the Utd changing room.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

From the Bunker

Appointing Ralf Rangnick as interim manager until the end of the season was the biggest mistake this season. Players who have longer contracts than the Manager won't give the same commitment. They just see him as passing through.

Bringing back an old Ronaldo with an old Cavani still at the club also eeks of a short term vision.

Capt Pat

United have got rid of Woodward who was making all the big decisions at the club. He left on the first of February. It will take a while to get over his leadership.

johnnycool

Donny gets 90 minutes at Everton and looking the part.

I know it's not the theatre of dreams and the heady levels expected at Utd, but a supportive manager and culture seems to help.  ;)

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: johnnycool on February 15, 2022, 10:19:48 AM

I know it's not the theatre of dreams and the heady levels expected at Utd, but a supportive manager and culture seems to help.  ;)

He is a much better player than fred and mcTominay

NAG1

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on February 15, 2022, 10:54:19 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on February 15, 2022, 10:19:48 AM

He is a much better player than fred and mcTominay

His quality has never been in doubt and exactly why United fans wanted to see more of him. Utdjust have had such a porous defence and managers who havent been able to solve that, so he has suffered with the 2 holding midfielders being prioritised.

I still would have started him in one of those slots and persevered with it until it came good, he is too good a player for it not too.