Women & Weddings - WTF?!

Started by bennydorano, October 02, 2014, 07:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

I've two daughters, not looking forward to how that pans out should they want to get married. My wife's family paid for our wedding and her sister's wedding. Pressure on to pay for theirs!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Chair covers have to be the biggest scam going lads!!

f**king chair covers Jesus it was £2 a chair ten years ago I shudder to think of the price now.

The lady who used to run Beech Hill in Derry summed it up perfectly to us when we checked it out. "There are 3 things that make a good wedding 1. Food 2. Music 3. The atmosphere."

People don't remember your centrepieces or chair covers but they'll remember those 3 things!

joemamas

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on May 01, 2023, 09:03:49 AM
They're at the botox now I hear.
Painting yourself orange wasn't enough for them but they now have to inject poison into their faces in the search for beauty.
Tatood eyebrows too.
Worlds cowped.

Are you still talking about the Womens football or is it back to weddings.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2023, 11:56:16 AM
I've two daughters, not looking forward to how that pans out should they want to get married. My wife's family paid for our wedding and her sister's wedding. Pressure on to pay for theirs!!!

Not a thing anymore MR2 don't worry lol.. Well at least it's not for me and my Mrs 😅 and know most of my mates they've paid there's themselves, mostly just rely on cards/gifts to pay off the day.. We're getting married there next year and seat covers are something like £5/£10 each then flowers are a f**king fortune too and don't get me started on invites.

As other ones have said "Your wedding, your choice" had a few rows with parents wanting people invited or judgement over things we've picked, I've just told them to shut up not their wedding and as for guests if one of us hasn't met them then they're not invited - Parents wanting invites for a rookie we've never met before because they went to their wedding or shite like that was a non-starter with us

Milltown Row2

I'd rather give them 20 grand for help towards a deposit than pay for seat covers and doves being set free!!

As for those daft invites, only invite the ones with a few bob ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Quote from: markl121 on May 01, 2023, 01:25:35 AM"You haven't done your official engagement instagram post yet"

People like this should get shot into the sun. They'll be responsible for the downfall of humanity.

imtommygunn

I was watching back the belfast marathon and there was a boy proposed live on tv at the end of it. I think the girl was actually a bit mortified getting interviewed on tv. The running commentators didn't know what to say - ummm she's not wearing the ring  ;D

clarshack

Not a wedding but I was at a Christening 2 weekends ago in which there were 80+ people in the chapel and for food afterwards in a local hotel. In my day Christenings were just a thing for a few immediate relatives.

johnnycool

Quote from: clarshack on May 02, 2023, 10:24:01 AM
Not a wedding but I was at a Christening 2 weekends ago in which there were 80+ people in the chapel and for food afterwards in a local hotel. In my day Christenings were just a thing for a few immediate relatives.

No bouncy castle?

clarshack

Quote from: johnnycool on May 02, 2023, 10:59:13 AM

No bouncy castle?

No bouncy castle this time!

brokencrossbar1

Grandparents, siblings and their families, and god parents if they are not siblings. How many more need to be there?

Milltown Row2

Christenings are another racket... my eldest son is christened the daughters not. For my son it was service then we drive around to the relatives and 'showed' off the baby and went home!! Granted, that was 30 years ago!!

rosnarun

You do know you dont have to turn up to the ceremony and get married by Proxy you'd get the who job Done for about 50 Quid.
Or do a mary harney and pop off to a registry during Lunch Break and then in to Startbucks for a take away coffee in case she was Late back.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rois

Quote from: rosnarun on May 02, 2023, 04:53:47 PM

Or do a mary harney and pop off to a registry during Lunch Break and then in to Startbucks for a take away coffee in case she was Late back.

Not entirely the same thing, but we got legally married in City Hall in Belfast (had church wedding in France, but couldn't do the legal but there), and my OH just arrived in to the ceremony after doing a half day at work first. It can definitely be done!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Rois on May 02, 2023, 06:44:13 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on May 02, 2023, 04:53:47 PM

Not entirely the same thing, but we got legally married in City Hall in Belfast (had church wedding in France, but couldn't do the legal but there), and my OH just arrived in to the ceremony after doing a half day at work first. It can definitely be done!
A cousin of my wife did that and a load of the ones that went to the "wedding" in France weren't aware they had been legally wed back here beforehand. Some said they wouldn't have gone had they known in advance!