Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TF15

Rrhf you do realise Errigal beat Balinderry last year and should have done so with quite a bit to spare only for getting a man sent off which turned it into a near epic comeback for the shamrocks. Additionally, they gave Cross a strong test. Not to play down a fine Clonoe team but that Errigal team, the Dromore team that ran Cross very close and probably the Errigal team who won the county in Canavans last championship win were easily every bit as strong as Clonoe last year. 'Streets ahead' is a nonsense comment. Whether you're winding I don't know, but it's not a very knowledgeable post. 

Wee Roddy

Quote from: rrhf on February 27, 2014, 09:29:46 PM
I agree clonoe are streets ahead of any other team that has won the title in 10 years. If they win Tyrone this year and the same fixture making occurred they would be some idiots not to highlight it.  We can't make progress towards an Ai club title until we get behind these representatives. In 2013 it wasn't an argument that affected the likes of  Moortown  errigal, Carmen and to be fair it's probably not gonna annoy them too much this year either.   
I wouldn't rule Moortown out of anything. I actually think Clonoe are a great side and have great talent coming through but the 2012 champions where a better team and in my opinion because of factors I have mentioned earlier. They have every right to feel aggrieved at the fixture pile up that happened them but my point is that it is not a vendetta against them.
And your talking nonsense, they aren't the best team to come out of Tyrone in 10 years ,if they retain the title then maybe win a game or two in Ulster you can claim it. Good Clonoe people wouldn't talk such rubbish.

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on February 27, 2014, 01:53:40 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on February 27, 2014, 01:41:21 PM
KYMI  in 2005 Carrickmore played off the Tyrone championship in 4 weeks, then drew with St Galls the next week, lost to StGalls in the replay (they won the All Ireland that year), league semi final against Kildress next week, league semi replay the next week and league final against Errigal the next week. I remember hearing something about through injury and suspension there was only 8 players starting the league final that started the county final. Now that's a tough tity too. The reality is that the county board do not really care about the club and as you agree with its not really a problem that Clonoe have all to themselves.

Tyrone won the All Ireland in 2005, so there were extenuating circumstances, the same as us in 2008, but this year that was not the case, so do you agree that we had every right to highlight the fact that the CCC were not giving us a fair crack at the whip regards the Ulster championship this year as they were not the same extenuating circumstances as an All Ireland final to contend with, same as Fromore in 20011, and as I said before feck all to do with siege mentality
Yes you have every right to highlight the fixture pile. I agree with you entirely but, and I hope you take this the right way, don't come complaining about poor us when you have senior championship, reserve championship, reserve league, U21 championship and possibly and U21 Ulster sitting at your table. I will gladly swap you and then let my club whinge to everyone gets jealous of us ;)

Tyrone Gaa

Just to change the topic, I'm wondering if there is much interest in the event Moy have on tonight? Team talk seem to be heavily involved after their 1st radio show was based on it and some big names attending like Tomas O'se and Padraig Joyce. I'm considering going myself anyone provide more info??
Living the dream!!!

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on February 27, 2014, 09:29:46 PM
I agree clonoe are streets ahead of any other team that has won the title in 10 years. If they win Tyrone this year and the same fixture making occurred they would be some idiots not to highlight it.  We can't make progress towards an Ai club title until we get behind these representatives. In 2013 it wasn't an argument that affected the likes of  Moortown  errigal, Carmen and to be fair it's probably not gonna annoy them too much this year either.

LOL. He is on the wind up.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Christmas Lights on February 23, 2014, 05:35:53 PM
Why on earth would Mulgrew play for Kildress anyway?

Someone obviously made this up to start a wind up but to answer your question if he were to leave Cookstown Kildress could be his next team as the Mulgrew family hail from Kildress but to be fair Raymie was born and rared in the town.

Gaffer

Didn't his connection own Kildress's House on the Prairie

Many's a night I line-danced in it.

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Gaffer on March 01, 2014, 03:34:04 PM

Yeah his grandfather ran it I think. The tavern as it was known in these parts - no longer going but apparently back in the day it was the place to be!!!  :D

Gaffer

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on March 01, 2014, 03:41:42 PM

Yeah his grandfather ran it I think. The tavern as it was known in these parts - no longer going but apparently back in the day it was the place to be!!!  :D

Back end of nowhere  it was

A bit like Gortin!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Gaffer on March 01, 2014, 04:19:07 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on March 01, 2014, 03:41:42 PM

Back end of nowhere  it was

A bit like Gortin!

Yeah was back end of nowhere even for Kildress but I'd say even u would of got a woman in it! Lol

hugh the root

Kildare were the much better team as they had a bit of height and power about them.Fair play to whoever brought on Coney as he was the reason why Tyrone got back into the game.he looks like a footballer and I just hope he gets a deserving start in Killarney

Man Marker

Quote from: hugh the root on March 03, 2014, 01:37:26 PM
Kildare were the much better team as they had a bit of height and power about them.Fair play to whoever brought on Coney as he was the reason why Tyrone got back into the game.he looks like a footballer and I just hope he gets a deserving start in Killarney

Coney is the reason why we got into the game, well I am looking forward to this, would you like to give me the reason, why you think he was the reason?

LeoMc

Are we back on the County thread again? :-\ :-\

hugh the root

A bit of height just like the Kildare players ..........are you going to say that coney had'nt a major influence on the outcome?

Man Marker

Quote from: hugh the root on March 03, 2014, 02:30:07 PM
A bit of height just like the Kildare players ..........are you going to say that coney had'nt a major influence on the outcome?

Yip. You used the word 'major' , if you of said minor I would have agreed.

hugh the root

Finally found out that man marker probably played division 3 reserve football!