62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

straightred

Quote from: bennydorano on January 16, 2021, 06:45:24 PM
Quote from: straightred on January 16, 2021, 06:33:14 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 16, 2021, 05:37:22 PM
You still haven't realised what happens on an Internet discussion board has no relevance to real life.  ??? I had to laugh at you going on and on about Soro and Turnball and you almost trying to take credit for them playing well - as if you had some input, it was actually Lennon who successfully integrated them into the side.

Sorry but that's nonsense. The dogs on the street knew that Brown was finished but Lennon kept playing him while you had Soro and Turnbull on the bench. Its was inexcusable

Turnball only signed at the tail-end of August ffs, breaking into a Celtic team should take time when you've someone the calibre of Scott Brown there!!! Good to see there's plenty willing to throw him under the bus anyway. Never heard Soro's name mentioned here until it became clear Brown was on the wane but everybody seems to think  he's the next Roy Keane. Facts are they were both signed on Lennon's watch, he's successfully integrated both of them into the team - not Internet slabbers.

Just stop. You're making a show of yourself. Scott Brown of 3 or 4 years ago then maybe but the Scott Brown of this year? We've known about Soro since he was signed. We've be crying out for him to get a chance but no. Lennon is both stubborn and useless and only makes changes in the last 15 or 20 mins or when its forced on him. I wish i didn't have to give out about him and I wouldn't have to if he just f**ked off. I wish him well in the the rest of his life as long as its far away from Parkhead.

tonto1888

Does Angelo actually think people on this board who were/are Lennon Fans are to blame?

reddgnhand

Lennon has ruined any legacy he had at Celtic. He'll always be known as the man who f****d up the 10. He appears to have no self respect or respect for the fans. He should have been shown the door after the CL debacle.

uimhr ocht

Shambles of a season i dont think Calum Mc Gregor is captain or leader material,the midfield today soro,turnbull,mc gregor,johnston,frimpong,should have had enough about them to trouble livingston they were dominated physically all day,rogic is  finished but isnt a striker,i think change is the only way forward.

marty34

Quote from: uimhr ocht on January 16, 2021, 08:47:30 PM
Shambles of a season i dont think Calum Mc Gregor is captain or leader material,the midfield today soro,turnbull,mc gregor,johnston,frimpong,should have had enough about them to trouble livingston they were dominated physically all day,rogic is  finished but isnt a striker,i think change is the only way forward.

Change is needed with Lennon for sure but goes deeper than that - a lot deeper.

Board needs cleaned out - not fit for purpose.

This years, or all years, has been a total disgrace.  The club has been run dow this past 4 or 5 years.

Now in a way, I understand why Brendan Rogers left.  He understood what was going on behind the seems with the board.

If Lennon had walked in October, Celtic fans would have held him high esteem.  Now they despise him.

6th sam

I'm not going to pretend I'm a Celtic fanatic or a soccer expert, but I'd sooner lose the 10iar at this stage and get us back competitive in Europe, rather than win 10iar and continue to fail in Europe, or worse- lose 10iar on the last day of the season . Maybe I'm a bit warped , but no matter what Rangers do now, their title this year , unfortunately fir them, will be viewed as being down to Celtic's implosion with a poorly performing team snd management. We've had 9 years of bragging rights, let them concentrate and invest heavily on the  SPL title , whilst Celtic concentrate on getting to the next level in Europe. We are a big enough club to do that, and ironically a more competitive Rangers challenge in Scotland will help us get there.
Meanwhile, I hope somebody in Celtic is looking at ways of developing an Atlantic league to secure more investment to compete with the TV investment the EPL and others enjoy. Short to medium term we need a quality manager and coaching /development structure to get us better in Europe . We need to do more to attract the quality needed, as opposed to trying to piece together a team of loanees or players seeing Celtic as a stepping stone . 10iar would have been great but ultimately just local bragging rights, and it wouldn't sit well with me if this team surpassed the Lisbon Lions 9iar. With the pressure off in the league it's an opportunity to blood players, as opposed to stifling young players in the reserves , whilst gifted loanees play in the first team as each match was unloseable in the quest for 10iar. Every cloud has a silver lining

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on January 16, 2021, 09:22:26 PM

This years, or all years, has been a total disgrace.  The club has been run dow this past 4 or 5 years.

Now in a way, I understand why Brendan Rogers left.  He understood what was going on behind the seems with the board.

If Lennon had walked in October, Celtic fans would have held him high esteem.  Now they despise him.

Rodgers was absolutely justified to leave the job. I don't blame him one iota for it but the way he left, mid season with a treble treble to wrap up will always leave a sour taste in the mouth. He should have bit his tongue, finished out the season and walked with his head held high. Had that happened he would have had a large swell of goodwill in what he achieved and understanding that Lawwell was the barrier to Celtic looking to kick on another level. Instead he left with in a cloud, with fans upset and angry at the way he left and took the heat off Lawwell.

Lennon has dined out on the Celtic man thing for far too long. He was blessed to play for a Celtic, an ordinary enough player, we never had to fight off interest from bigger teams for him, he played well past his sell by date for him. I can remember the embarrassing images of him being destroyed by Kaka in the CL. He'd never have done anything in management only for the Celtic job, he's a yes man, happy to do whatever the boss tells him to as he knows there's never going to be another job of this magnitude for him. Overall he's not a Celtic fan, he's a mercenary - if he was good enough he would have walked out on Celtic but he was blessed to play for and manage the club.

3 goals in 214 games for Celtic. A poor man's Peter Grant.

Anyway you are 100% on the situation not improving until Lawwell is rooted out of the job. Lennon didn't appoint himself afterall. It's an old boys club, when we need to go for a coach we get a guy in from f**king Peterborough because he's Gordon Strachan's son. John Kennedy is clearly a lifer there who is Lawwell's snitch. The whole management and coaching team have to go and then the board have to follow.

It's important all the fans follow in line with The Celtic Trust and do not renew their season ticket until Lawwell goes.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

general_lee

Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 04:58:12 PM
Big round of applause for illdecide and the Armagh lads on here who dug in and defended Lennon when the dogs on the street knows he couldn't manage a pub team.

Well done lads, you destroyed history for Celtic to keep your unqualified, arrogant Lurgan man in a job.

Clap, clap, clap.
I mean this in the least offensive way possible. Are you on the spectrum?

Angelo

The rats are fleeing the sinking ship this evening.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

general_lee

Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 09:53:44 PM
The rats are fleeing the sinking ship this evening.
Are you on the spectrum or not?

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 09:37:03 PM

Rodgers was absolutely justified to leave the job. I don't blame him one iota for it but the way he left, mid season with a treble treble to wrap up will always leave a sour taste in the mouth. He should have bit his tongue, finished out the season and walked with his head held high. Had that happened he would have had a large swell of goodwill in what he achieved and understanding that Lawwell was the barrier to Celtic looking to kick on another level. Instead he left with in a cloud, with fans upset and angry at the way he left and took the heat off Lawwell.

Lennon has dined out on the Celtic man thing for far too long. He was blessed to play for a Celtic, an ordinary enough player, we never had to fight off interest from bigger teams for him, he played well past his sell by date for him. I can remember the embarrassing images of him being destroyed by Kaka in the CL. He'd never have done anything in management only for the Celtic job, he's a yes man, happy to do whatever the boss tells him to as he knows there's never going to be another job of this magnitude for him. Overall he's not a Celtic fan, he's a mercenary - if he was good enough he would have walked out on Celtic but he was blessed to play for and manage the club.

Anyway you are 100% on the situation not improving until Lawwell is rooted out of the job. Lennon didn't appoint himself afterall. It's an old boys club, when we need to go for a coach we get a guy in from f**king Peterborough because he's Gordon Strachan's son. John Kennedy is clearly a lifer there who is Lawwell's snitch. The whole management and coaching team have to go and then the board have to follow.

It's important all the fans follow in line with The Celtic Trust and do not renew their season ticket until Lawwell goes.

Agree with your first and last paragraph. I've recently signed up to the trust. Hopefully they can get stronger and stronger

trueblue1234

Big round of applause for illdecide and the Armagh lads on here who dug in and defended Lennon when the dogs on the street knows he couldn't manage a pub team.

Well done lads, you destroyed history for Celtic to keep your unqualified, arrogant Lurgan man in a job.

Clap, clap, clap.

This is internet gold.

All you need is a Fr Dougal illustration showing internet v real life.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

balladmaker

Clap, clap, clap.

I wasn't aware that opinions on the Gaaboard held so much sway in the Celtic boardroom 😂

tintin25

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 16, 2021, 09:59:08 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 09:37:03 PM

Agree with your first and last paragraph. I've recently signed up to the trust. Hopefully they can get stronger and stronger

In fairness, I would agree with this bit also...

He'd never have done anything in management only for the Celtic job

He got a lucky break at the time when Mowbray was sacked.  His record as Celtic boss is fairly underwhelming - he couldn't not pick up a couple of league titles with them.  I'd be surprised if any future managerial position was beyond League two or the scottish championship

sid waddell

Excellent point today for Celtic against a Livingston team who had won eight matches in a row

Things are suddenly looking up