Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Cathal mccarron wasn't there last year and when was the club championship played? I think some people on here need to look at other counties before giving out about Hartes power over club games.

I think the county players in Armagh played 2 league games all last year. And I'd say tyrone's county player activity in club football stands up to any of the top 8 counties. I'm not saying they shouldn't be playing but when your competing against this as a county manager it can't be easy.

I can see arguments both ways but I really enjoy going to championship games in May. I suspect most players going to America for the summer will go either way. I know another argument is clubs giving up after getting knocked out. I didn't notice it in division 1 anyway with teams like donaghmore actually improving after getting knocked out.

Redhand Santa

Given that tyrone are in the preliminary round it's bound to be very tight to get a round played earlier than that. Like it would need to be the May bank holiday weekend. Is there a rule that 5 rounds in league must be played first? Surely that wouldn't be possible? More realistic target could be between it and first round game or qualifiers.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Same shit argument , championship in August plain an simple, can't be bothered going over the same debate when it is so obvious it is to clubs benifit. I'll go as far as saying I have very little respect for anyone arguing differently, cause clubs welfare isn't in their agenda

In hiding

Surely Cathal mc Carron has already played for tyrone this year already. He obviously doesn't need to play club championship to be eligible

LeoMc

I would have no issue with the first round in May if they would squeeze a second round in by the end of June but to have 3 months training for 1 match then a 2-3 month wait for the next round (though that is better than the alternative) and then 3 compressed rounds.It should be either all compressed or all spread out.

HealyHellRaiser

Quote from: In hiding on January 15, 2015, 11:40:12 PM
Surely Cathal mc Carron has already played for tyrone this year already. He obviously doesn't need to play club championship to be eligible
In Hiding that would be my take on it. That rule doesnt apply when you are transferring back to your home county/club. Mickey Harte wouldnt have been so insistant on taking him back if he wasnt elligable.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: LeoMc on January 16, 2015, 08:12:06 AM
I would have no issue with the first round in May if they would squeeze a second round in by the end of June but to have 3 months training for 1 match then a 2-3 month wait for the next round (though that is better than the alternative) and then 3 compressed rounds.It should be either all compressed or all spread out.

Agree with this. I think it would be good if they had a round in May/June and then another one before the end of the summer. I can see the argument for waiting to September but to me then its a situation of rushing games through and getting them played for the sake of it with no real time to prepare between games or build up to them. It also leaves it very tight for the winners playing in Ulster as Clonoe and others complained about previously.

WT4E

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 15, 2015, 11:22:31 PM
Cathal mccarron wasn't there last year and when was the club championship played? I think some people on here need to look at other counties before giving out about Hartes power over club games.

I think the county players in Armagh played 2 league games all last year. And I'd say tyrone's county player activity in club football stands up to any of the top 8 counties. I'm not saying they shouldn't be playing but when your competing against this as a county manager it can't be easy.

I can see arguments both ways but I really enjoy going to championship games in May. I suspect most players going to America for the summer will go either way. I know another argument is clubs giving up after getting knocked out. I didn't notice it in division 1 anyway with teams like donaghmore actually improving after getting knocked out.

Donaghmore always get better as the season progresses - particularly towards the very end!  ;)

The Trap

Play the club championship in August and September - there will be plenty of time for it!!!!!

rrhf

Quote from: WT4E on January 16, 2015, 10:03:45 AM

Donaghmore always get better as the season progresses - particularly towards the very end!  ;)

And the Moy are the dead opposite.  As soon as the championship is exited they become they hit the beer.

MCO

Quote from: rrhf on January 16, 2015, 02:29:55 PM

And the Moy are the dead opposite.  As soon as the championship is exited they become they hit the beer.

[did the Moy not have their most consistent run at the end of the season, did the beer run out?...such a ridiculous post👏]

rrhf

Quote from: MCO on January 16, 2015, 03:54:18 PM
Quote from: rrhf on January 16, 2015, 02:29:55 PM

[did the Moy not have their most consistent run at the end of the season, did the beer run out?...such a ridiculous post👏]
drink ban..

Family guy

I hear donaghmore have appointed a Londonderry man as well

everymanaman

Clubs are facing the real prospect this year of not having enough referees to fulfill a senior and reserve game on a Sunday.  This problem was only avoided last season due to so many reserve games being called off.