What do we do now!!!!!

Started by Hereiam, July 31, 2023, 09:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 31, 2023, 01:02:20 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on July 31, 2023, 12:50:36 PM
Armagh championship draw on Wednesday. My club just won division 1A for the first time. I'm looking forward to the championship

Favourites for the championship now I assume....
Let the mind games commence  8)

general_lee

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 31, 2023, 01:56:40 PM
Club snobs are nearly as bad as hurling snobs! Plenty of legitimate reasons why someone doesn't follow a club.
Unrepentant club snob here. Make no apology for it either. Cant stand these gimps (of which there are plenty) who follow Armagh but wouldn't bother their hole going to watch a local club game. Then cry when paid up GAA members get tickets ahead of them.

AustinPowers

Quote from: markl121 on July 31, 2023, 03:15:40 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 31, 2023, 02:10:11 PM
Club snobs are nearly as bad as hurling snobs! Plenty of legitimate reasons why someone doesn't follow a club.

So someone following the game at grass roots level is now labelled as a snob. That's a bit of an irony, I would have thought that would apply to the lads following the big time stuff.
I go to the odd club game but don't follow or care to follow my own club really as the club treasurer sat in our house one night over drink telling us how hard he tried to fix the club lotto because some young girl who wasn't from one of the traditional gaa families in the town won it

Did he succeed in  fixing it? And if so ,  how did he do  it?

armaghniac

Quote from: Eire90 on July 31, 2023, 02:59:57 PM
i think club more enjoyable as its less predictable and maybe harder to win the club all ireland than intercounty but maybe these superclubs are making club championships predictable too. rte should be promoting club game more maybe showing 3 games over the weekend would be good idea could have some friday night games on too.

Yes, we have had an exciting time in Armagh over the last 25 years.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Quote from: general_lee on July 31, 2023, 05:32:55 PM
Unrepentant club snob here. Make no apology for it either. Cant stand these gimps (of which there are plenty) who follow Armagh but wouldn't bother their hole going to watch a local club game. Then cry when paid up GAA members get tickets ahead of them.

Ain't much fun following a division 3B team and driving 35 mile to see them unable to turn out 15 players. There are several other clubs on my doorstep but I'd still go to my old club first.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tonto1888

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 31, 2023, 01:02:20 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on July 31, 2023, 12:50:36 PM
Armagh championship draw on Wednesday. My club just won division 1A for the first time. I'm looking forward to the championship

Favourites for the championship now I assume....

Don't you start with this..... haha

tonto1888

Quote from: armaghniac on July 31, 2023, 07:46:30 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on July 31, 2023, 02:59:57 PM
i think club more enjoyable as its less predictable and maybe harder to win the club all ireland than intercounty but maybe these superclubs are making club championships predictable too. rte should be promoting club game more maybe showing 3 games over the weekend would be good idea could have some friday night games on too.

Yes, we have had an exciting time in Armagh over the last 25 years.

Last 5 years have been good

general_lee

Quote from: Orior on July 31, 2023, 10:29:52 PM
Quote from: general_lee on July 31, 2023, 05:32:55 PM
I'd watch virtually any local club game, own club involved or not.

Ain't much fun following a division 3B team and driving 35 mile to see them unable to turn out 15 players. There are several other clubs on my doorstep but I'd still go to my old club first.

Eire90

when do tg4 start showing club games will it be only  from county quarter finals onwards it be nice if they showed earlier games.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Eire90 on August 01, 2023, 11:33:48 PM
when do tg4 start showing club games will it be only  from county quarter finals onwards it be nice if they showed earlier games.

Loads of Dublin Championship on YouTube last year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eire90

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 01, 2023, 11:39:19 PM

Loads of Dublin Championship on YouTube last year

nice i see they have already hurling championship this season.

statto

Starting this weekend

rory

Surely it's time for the annual "How the f@#k do the Kerry Championships work" discussion

imtommygunn

Quote from: rory on August 02, 2023, 11:08:23 AM
Surely it's time for the annual "How the f@#k do the Kerry Championships work" discussion

;D