Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brick Tamlin

Why does that matter.
Im merely curious as to why you think that in Down (i assume in comparison to other counties) we are better than this?

Truth hurts

The GAA is better than this, its ugly and needs to be eradicated. The same people continually involved in rows and nothing ever done about it. A one game suspension in a league where you cant be relegated. The video footage needs to be shared with the CCC and clubs fined heavily.

Brick Tamlin

Ahhh yeah the GAA in general needs to do something about it surely, and alot of counties are as bad id wager.
GAA rulebook is a nonsense and the claim/appeal culture is ridiculous in Ireland. A huge fault lies with officialdom and powers-that-be.

supersub

Nothing will be done and it will continue to happen, whatever it is that happened as no one really said. Move on.

Johnnysboys

Most surprising thing is that no videos circulating of the fight - yet...

Truth hurts

Quote from: supersub on July 05, 2022, 04:36:19 PM
Nothing will be done and it will continue to happen, whatever it is that happened as no one really said. Move on.

News travels fast and Burren is not far from Rostrevor so I have said you have heard.

Johnnysboys

What a daft post but go ahead you name 15 first.
[/quote]

Jack Hazard
Pearse Laverty
Tom Close
Jamie O'Hagan
Paddy McCarthy
Odhran murdock
Shealan Johnston
Ryan McEvoy
John McGovern
Adam Lynch
Daniel Guinness
Ruairi McCormick
Liam Kerr
Patrick Brooks
Seamus Loughran
Young lad from shamrocks - can't think of his name - plays in half forward line mostly.

rosskarr

Quote from: Johnnysboys on July 06, 2022, 09:12:49 AM

Jack Hazard soccer influence and won't commit
Pearse Laverty tried and not up to it.
Tom Close tried earlier in the season
Jamie O'Hagan maybe
Paddy McCarthy  another Burren plucked from no where
Odhran murdock  YES
Shealan Johnston  kilcoo
Ryan McEvoy  too cheeky
John McGovern great white hope but soccer head
Adam Lynch  tried and not up to it
Daniel Guinness YES
Ruairi McCormick honest player but not county standard
Liam Kerr  YES
Patrick Brooks   nah!
Seamus Loughran possibly !
Young lad from shamrocks - can't think of his name - plays in half forward line mostly.

FM

Jack Hazard
Pearse Laverty
Tom Close
Jamie O'Hagan
Paddy McCarthy
Odhran murdock
Shealan Johnston
Ryan McEvoy
John McGovern
Adam Lynch
Daniel Guinness
Ruairi McCormick
Liam Kerr
Patrick Brooks
Seamus Loughran
[/quote]
Sean McAleavey?

Truth hurts

Is it me or are championships getting earlier? Underage championships have begun already and premier reserves and reserve championships down to the last 8.

Godsown

Unfortunately this thread has become a mirror image of what Hogan Stand used to be like with absolute drivel being posted

Johnnysboys

Quote from: FM on July 06, 2022, 11:03:21 AM

Jack Hazard
Pearse Laverty
Tom Close
Jamie O'Hagan
Paddy McCarthy
Odhran murdock
Shealan Johnston
Ryan McEvoy
John McGovern
Adam Lynch
Daniel Guinness
Ruairi McCormick
Liam Kerr
Patrick Brooks
Seamus Loughran
Sean McAleavey?
[/quote]

Cathal Gorman

PTC

Quote from: Truth hurts on July 06, 2022, 11:24:10 AM
Is it me or are championships getting earlier? Underage championships have begun already and premier reserves and reserve championships down to the last 8.

It's just you, when do you want them played

rory

Quote from: PTC on July 06, 2022, 05:19:32 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on July 06, 2022, 11:24:10 AM

It's just you, when do you want them played

You're right Truth Hurts. The underage championships all seem to be about a month earlier than usual. Quarters and semis in August and finals very early in September. Gonna cause some teams real headaches with kids away on holidays, gaekteacht etc. No idea why the calendar was changed, the reason the knock out games were usually played in September was to avoid this.

thewobbler

Is it a bad thing though?

I remember when I was a minor (way, way back) going to London for 6-7 weeks mid summer and missing 1 game. There's probably some compromise here between these two extremes, but Gaelic football is its best when it's a summer sport. Fill the summer months I say.