Star Wars

Started by omaghjoe, December 15, 2015, 10:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: deiseach on December 16, 2015, 09:33:41 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 16, 2015, 09:31:40 AM
Quote from: deiseach on December 16, 2015, 09:25:22 AM
Hopefully a new outbreak of Star Wars fever will lead to remakes of X-Wing and TIE Fighter.

Lego  is the way to go,  our house is coming down with it,  Santa bringing another 3 sets,  including the Falcon.  Christmas day entertainment sorted!

The computer games, not the toys. Although the little man might find himself with more Star Wars Lego than he can cope with...

Big son has Star Wars Battlefront coming for the XBox so there will be serious action there as well!

Bingo

What is not to like about star wars. Just the greatest (And I mean the original 3, the 3 prequels are wiped from memory).

Really looking forward to the new one as it goes back to its roots. Me and Bingo Jnr heading to it over the holidays.

I was a massive Ewok junkie and had a vast collection.

My eyes lit up in Smyths recently when I seen the Ewok village in Lego and I will get it when I get the box room sorted and a table in it to put that baby together. Followed by the falcon, the death star......

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on December 16, 2015, 09:51:35 AM
What is not to like about star wars. Just the greatest (And I mean the original 3, the 3 prequels are wiped from memory).

Really looking forward to the new one as it goes back to its roots. Me and Bingo Jnr heading to it over the holidays.

My eyes lit up in Smyths recently when I seen the Ewok village in Lego and I will get it when I get the box room sorted and a table in it to put that baby together. Followed by the falcon, the death star......

Ewok village was nearly on Santa's list but like you we really need the room and table sorted.  I'm really tempted to invest in some of this to make sure the Falcon stays in 1 piece!

Bingo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 16, 2015, 09:54:26 AM
Quote from: Bingo on December 16, 2015, 09:51:35 AM

Ewok village was nearly on Santa's list but like you we really need the room and table sorted.  I'm really tempted to invest in some of this to make sure the Falcon stays in 1 piece!

;D

I'll just lock the room and keep the destruction crew out!

Norf Tyrone

The embargo on reviews has just lifted.

The consensus is that it's pretty good. Not great. Definitely not bad.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

deiseach

Jedi is a bit rubbish. All Ewoks and Harrison Ford making it painfully obvious that he didn't want to be there. But Star Wars (is it hipster to refer to it as A New Hope or hipster to not refer to it as A New Hope?) and Empire are brilliant. When the likes of Fritz Lang and DW Griffith started mucking around with the new fangled medium, those films were what they had in mind as the end point.

Bingo

Quote from: deiseach on December 16, 2015, 10:19:59 AM
Jedi is a bit rubbish. All Ewoks and Harrison Ford making it painfully obvious that he didn't want to be there. But Star Wars (is it hipster to refer to it as A New Hope or hipster to not refer to it as A New Hope?) and Empire are brilliant. When the likes of Fritz Lang and DW Griffith started mucking around with the new fangled medium, those films were what they had in mind as the end point.

>:( wash your mouth out

ziggysego

Quote from: Puckoon on December 16, 2015, 02:30:23 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on December 16, 2015, 02:08:07 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on December 16, 2015, 12:05:11 AM
Got tickets for the midnight show in Derry tomorrow (Wednesday night / Thursday morning) Can't wait.

Saunder on Ziggy ;D

Not sure when Im gonna get to see it TBH so I'll be looking forward to a full report Thursday

Don't worry Puck. I'm not even going to say if I liked it or not for 4-5 days.

Better not be on here!!!
Testing Accessibility

deiseach

*waves hand* Return of the Jedi isn't the movie you are looking for

Bingo

Quote from: deiseach on December 16, 2015, 11:04:22 AM
*waves hand* Return of the Jedi isn't the movie you are looking for

I sense a disturbance in the force....

Bingo

Family Guy had their Empire strikes back episode on BBC3 last night.

Its super.

AZOffaly

I always smile at this...

stpauls

Quote from: Bingo on December 16, 2015, 11:06:42 AM

Its super.

Blue Harvest (A New Hope) was on Monday night, so can assume the 3rd one will be on tonight!!

EDIT: just checked and It's A Trap (ROTJ) is on tonight at 11pm  :)

Tony Baloney

Any of you lads born in the 1970s saying you have never watched any of the original Star Wars trilogy are talking ballix I would say.

Bingo

Quote from: stpauls on December 16, 2015, 12:54:25 PM
Quote from: Bingo on December 16, 2015, 11:06:42 AM

Its super.

Blue Harvest (A New Hope) was on Monday night, so can assume the 3rd one will be on tonight!!

EDIT: just checked and It's A Trap (ROTJ) is on tonight at 11pm  :)

Super, cheers!