The Plague

Started by Bingo, July 26, 2013, 11:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

http://news.sky.com/story/1120526/plague-infected-squirrel-discovered-near-la

The Walking Dead, World War Z, I am Legend, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days, Fair city.......we'll all watched these shows and worried what would trigger such a situation.

Is this squirrel the start of such an event?

whiskeysteve

A zombie apocolypse can be an interesting and entertaining subject, theres a dedicated thread to it on boards.ie ;D. The World War Z book by Max Brooks dealt at length with all kind of geo-political consequences of a zombie virus sweeping the globe, and he had some interesting insights on how each country would react.

Ireland does well in the book  ;D. Somewhere like Iceland on the other hand has the population wiped out  ;D why, i dont know. Think the brits save us militarily.

If it is going, go rural as fcuk to get away from people, the bog men will thrive throughout this.

The club house of a rural gaa club would make an excellent last bastion of defence. Provided the women folk kept the sandwiches and tay circulating. I would predict Ulster clubs to put up a dogged show with the blanket defence. Spillanes club to get overrun in a naive attempt at traditional, attacking zombie combat, exciting while it lasts but no winners in the end.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

theskull1

One more reason for all clubs to be dual
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

never kickt a ball

Quote from: whiskeysteve on July 26, 2013, 11:39:02 AM
A zombie apocolypse can be an interesting and entertaining subject, theres a dedicated thread to it on boards.ie ;D. The World War Z book by Max Brooks dealt at length with all kind of geo-political consequences of a zombie virus sweeping the globe, and he had some interesting insights on how each country would react.

Ireland does well in the book  ;D. Somewhere like Iceland on the other hand has the population wiped out  ;D why, i dont know. Think the brits save us militarily.

If it is going, go rural as fcuk to get away from people, the bog men will thrive throughout this.

The club house of a rural gaa club would make an excellent last bastion of defence. Provided the women folk kept the sandwiches and tay circulating. I would predict Ulster clubs to put up a dogged show with the blanket defence. Spillanes club to get overrun in a naive attempt at traditional, attacking zombie combat, exciting while it lasts but no winners in the end.

Another chance for Fermanagh U21s to win an All-Ireland then.

laoislad

Fair City :D

It be no harm if half the scrots around Dublin were wiped out anyways. They should let a few infected squirrels loose in Tyrone and Armagh as well.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Plague is widespread, and even in the US it pops up frequently in rodents, and occasionally in other mammals, including humans.