County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrotherMore6592

McGeeney safe for another ten years after getting the hopes up again with the orange brigade

J70

Aidan O'Rourke stepped down.

I thought himself and Paddy Bradley did a decent job under the circumstances. Could easily have walked when the players ousted Paddy Carr.

Big summer ahead for Donegal GAA. Get the underage back on the road and follow the example of other Ulster counties. Get a good senior management team in place and get everyone playing.

J70

Donegal have moved quickly to advertise the senior manager job. Applications due by July 21.

Hopefully they get someone in place for the club championship in August and it doesn't turn into another shitshow.

marty34

Quote from: J70 on June 30, 2023, 01:38:44 PM
Donegal have moved quickly to advertise the senior manager job. Applications due by July 21.

Hopefully they get someone in place for the club championship in August and it doesn't turn into another shitshow.

Acting quickly now.

Rossfan

Not surprisingly Billy Sheehan gone from Laois.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AustinPowers

Quote from: Rossfan on July 04, 2023, 10:46:44 AM

I'd say Billy might  head up north  for  his next job

skeog

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/07/05/michael-murphy-rules-himself-out-of-the-donegal-managerial-race/Murphy has moved to distance himself from taking on the role at this stage.

"Not yet, not yet. Listen, timing, I suppose last year the reason I moved away from playing was because of the whole energy thing of what's required on an everyday basis, that's the whole thing I would have struggled to give," he said.

Learn more

"I knew myself it was something I would struggle to give, and moving into management, listen, it's a big thing.

"In order to do it right and the way it needs to be done, it's massive hours within every single day. Plus added into the fact I need to go and learn the trade, I need to go and learn about it and maybe go and figure out coaching and figure out management.

"I've been taking the local minors for the last couple of years and at that level I give it my all for a couple of days a week, but that's what it is - a couple of days of the week. So I'm not foolish enough to kind of know that I could throw myself into something."

And Murphy does not see himself linking up as a selector on any Donegal managerial dream-team ticket for 2024 either.

"Definitely not for me anyway at the moment, no," he added.

"If anything, I had already committed, I suppose, to helping out along with Karl (Lacey) in the academy last year with the underage teams.

"If that kind of project gets back up and going again I think I would probably try and help out in some capacity again with Donegal at underage level, and figure that thing out in an environment that is maybe less pressurised and less time-consuming and where you can maybe afford to make mistakes and learn from them."

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: AustinPowers on July 04, 2023, 03:35:12 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 04, 2023, 10:46:44 AM

I'd say Billy might  head up north  for  his next job

Linfield?

Rossfan

Vacancies  - Donegal., Laois,  Tipperary,  Clare.
Possible vacancies soon -Tyrone, Armagh,  Offaly, Galway, Leitrim, Kildare.

No vacancy this year (unless voluntary) - Ros, Kerry, Derry, Down, Meath, Dublin, Cork, Louth.

Don't know about the rest except Mayowestros will be throwing some of the management staff under the bus.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Derryman forever

Quote from: Rossfan on July 06, 2023, 10:03:56 AM

No vacancy this year (unless voluntary) - Ros, Kerry, Derry, Down, Meath, Dublin, Cork, Louth.

Don't know about the rest except Mayowestros will be throwing some of the management staff under the bus.

Its Derry, there is every possibility that Ciaran Meenagh could take them to the final and the county board could decide to change.

If they lose to kerry i fully expect  him to be replaced.
Which i totally disagree with.

Derry have a long history of not standing by good managers.

JoG2

Quote from: Derryman forever on July 06, 2023, 10:16:47 AM

Its Derry, there is every possibility that Ciaran Meenagh could take them to the final and the county board could decide to change.

Calm the jets , only Ciaran can answer the question as to whether he wants the job or not after this year.

Derryman forever

Quote from: JoG2 on July 06, 2023, 10:25:41 AM

Calm the jets , only Ciaran can answer the question as to whether he wants the job or not after this year.

That is not at all the scenario or potential I was referring too.
But I am old enough to remember previous betrayals of managers.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Derryman forever on July 06, 2023, 10:30:03 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on July 06, 2023, 10:25:41 AM

That is not at all the scenario or potential I was referring too.
But I am old enough to remember previous betrayals of managers.

Ciaran might not want the Derry job next year and there might be an opening in a certain neighbouring county for a new manager next year. Credit where credit is due, Derry's season could have imploded from the Ulster final onwards but he has done a great job steadying the ship. Our lads appeared to need the fire and brimstone approach from the previous man in charge and Ciaran has a different approach to that. This upcoming semi-final is as big a game as we have had to really test ourselves, players and management, against the best.

marty34

I'd say Derry players, the cohort of senior players, like Mc Kaigue, Glass, and Rogers etc. are very driven and know what they want at this stage.

Gallagher set them on the right track.

Derry have progressed well this past 5 yrs especially with the new regime at Owenbeg and very good structures in place.

The south Derry clubs have been supplying the players at underage level and a bit of organisation goes a long way.