Laois SHC 2023

Started by TheGiantSquid, July 31, 2023, 03:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galtee1

Another weekend of coming out of OMP disappointed with the showings.

Harps and B/K both struggling big time. Relegations take a life of their own and this should go to the wire. Pauric Dunne is home this week which is a welcome boost to the Harps. Any possible returnees for B/K?
On the other hand - Ballacolla look to be slowly finding their groove and looked deadly at times and Rathdowney with Mark Kavanagh getting his way back to match fitness look to be motoring well also.
Without writing off Camross, this would be a cracker of a final unlike their group game 2 weeks ago.

Keyser Söze

Very little interest across the county in this weekends proceedings.
Sad state of affairs.

You could see Camross doing a right number on Borris Kilcotton.
Could get very very bad unless something has changed drastically over the past 10 days or so.
That would be a bad note to be going into a relegation play off in, with almost no time to do anything about it. I don't think BK could be in a worse position to be honest.
Camross will take satisfaction in driving this one home.

The Harps could go ok against Rathdowney Errill. It'll be a lot closer than CB v Rosenallis.
That one could hit 20 points.

Hard to call Abbeyleix v Castletown.
Unusually, I agree with Laois Today! Abbeyleix have a little bit more going from them. More fluid, more mobile and more capable of hitting a good score.
They could stretch it out to 7 or 8 points.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Laois man

I can see Ctown being very close if not beating Aleix after a good win the last day and also have a few lads back that were out. Ctown very young alot of good hurlers and pace in there team. Other games you have to go for Camross Rdowney Errill and Cbolla

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 18, 2023, 08:59:13 PM
Very little interest across the county in this weekends proceedings.
Sad state of affairs.

You could see Camross doing a right number on Borris Kilcotton.
Could get very very bad unless something has changed drastically over the past 10 days or so.
That would be a bad note to be going into a relegation play off in, with almost no time to do anything about it. I don't think BK could be in a worse position to be honest.
Camross will take satisfaction in driving this one home.

The Harps could go ok against Rathdowney Errill. It'll be a lot closer than CB v Rosenallis.
That one could hit 20 points.

Hard to call Abbeyleix v Castletown.
Unusually, I agree with Laois Today! Abbeyleix have a little bit more going from them. More fluid, more mobile and more capable of hitting a good score.
They could stretch it out to 7 or 8 points.

Fairly correct so far!

Keyser Söze

Well, you can't get them all right!!

burdizzo

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 20, 2023, 07:23:15 PM
Well, you can't get them all right!!

Still and all, Borris and The Harps in relegation in both senior and intermediate. Not great times for both clubs. You'd probably fancy The Harps to go down in both, but would the B/K amalgamation survive a drop from senior? Would either club be any use on their own?

Speaking of the intermediate, bit of a surprise to see Trumera beat Colt/ Shanahoe. Word was that Trumera's management walked - but maybe that only spurred them on! They fear nobody, and now they're safe from relegation. Mind you, they hardly have the quality to win the intermediate.

Slieve Bloom in big trouble in the premier intermediate.

Laois man

Big performance from Borris /kcotton today good for them going into a relagaton final. Camross already in Sfinal poor showing today did they no bother I taught camross would win handy. Aleix won handy in the end but castletown could of being 10 up at htime hit shocking wides in that first half.

Keyser Söze

Camross looked poor. Unusual.
No game for 5 weeks now.
Will need to plan carefully, but they have been on this ride before.

Borris Kilcotton stood up in fairness.

Goes to show that things are never as good or as bad as you might think. Don't overreact.

Abbeyleix & Rosenallis should be a right good game. Great first year back for Abbeyleix. They'll build on this.
They should shade the quarter final too.

I still think The Harps will have too much for Borris Kilcotton. Borris lack of strength in depth is shocking.

Keyser Söze

I hadn't heard that Trumera lost their management?
Big win for them.
Traditionally those 3 clubs would be ferocious rivals. Serious achievement for Trumera to beat the other two combined!

Laois man

Any update on who is the new senior hurling county backroom team or selectors?

Laois man

Relagaton final tonight hard to call who will go down. Hard to believe Borris/kcotton are in it after being in a few finals the last few years. Harps have and have had the best juvenile teams in the county the last few years and heading into there third relagaton final tonight something not right there.. Who ever goes down will face probably plaois or Bkill in that grade next year so it won't be that easy to go straight back up.

burdizzo

Quote from: Laois man on August 30, 2023, 10:49:03 AM
Relagaton final tonight hard to call who will go down. Hard to believe Borris/kcotton are in it after being in a few finals the last few years. Harps have and have had the best juvenile teams in the county the last few years and heading into there third relagaton final tonight something not right there.. Who ever goes down will face probably plaois or Bkill in that grade next year so it won't be that easy to go straight back up.

Portlaoise seem to be flying it w/ Tommy Fitz in charge. I'm not a Portlaoise man, but it'd be good to see hurling re-emerge in the county town.

Laois man

Plaois going well but Ballinakill with a full squad will be hard to beat. Plus Ballyfin and clonaslee could have a say in this grade aswell.

Sir Alex7

Rumours going round tat de senior champs will be increased to 10 teams for next year or at least a motion for it will be put forward... Good thing or bad thing?

Ogie

It was put forward last year, proposed by Castletown and backed by all hurling clubs but the County Secretary scared people away from it over fixtures congestion

Think it would be a good thing to have 10 Senior teams