Northern Ireland Football Team

Started by Feckitt, March 30, 2015, 12:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: laoislad on March 31, 2015, 07:59:57 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on March 31, 2015, 06:12:54 PM
I wouldn't bet on the outcome of a NI V Republic game today.NI have players from Man Utd and Liverpool,whereas the Republic rely on the spine of Derby Co,and those well past their sell by dates like Shay Given,and Robbie Keane.Away wins in Greece and Hungary are not to be sneezed at
It's pretty obvious who you'd be supporting though...

It is?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bennydorano

Quote from: Hereiam on March 31, 2015, 07:52:39 PM
Guy i know says that alot of the fans want their own anthem and flag. Problem is no one will take this on and make the change. Until this happens alot of the Catholic majority in the north will not set a foot in it.

When i was posting last night this was in my mind also. Wasn't it the Executive Committee of the IFA that presided over the Sunday related fiasco - showing a fundamentalist attitude that make a Duper blush? If men of this ilk are still running the show what chance is there that GSTQ will ever disappear? I realise removal of the NI flag, that would be on a wish list of things to be removed to attract all elements of Nationalism, would be a bridge too far (& not necessary  imo).

T Fearon

Personally I don't think anyone will go to Windsor Park....the stand is falling down

Tony Baloney

Quote from: T Fearon on March 31, 2015, 09:26:19 PM
Personally I don't think anyone will go to Windsor Park....the stand is falling down
See that on the news. Does Casement have a surface they could use?

An Watcher

The end of Castle Greyskull would be no bad thing

T Fearon

The Subbie

Quote from: foxcommander on March 31, 2015, 02:42:36 PM
Quote from: The Subbie on March 31, 2015, 10:51:37 AM
because it will mean Jackie Fullerton been dug up again

When did Jackie Fullerton die? Or is he a Zombie?

Jackie is still amongst the living as far as I know, he usually wanders around the ether that is BBC sport "ni" that thinks sport consists of men's hockey, a few mervyns racing their Talbot sunbeams at nutts corner and distillery vs ards in the Antrim shield or some such nonsense,all the while desperately coat tailing anyone or anything that hints of the "mainland" & basks in their glow as they pat Jackie & co on the back and tell them what a great wee province they have here.

Don't get me started on "winker" f**king Watson, another flat earther that is oblivious to the most attended sport within his broadcast region.

T Fearon

Did you know that Jackie did the first ever commentary on a GAA highlights match shown on UTV (Down v Dublin) and also he presented the BBC's Championship programme? Hardly a bigot

The Subbie

Quote from: T Fearon on March 31, 2015, 11:53:58 PM
Did you know that Jackie did the first ever commentary on a GAA highlights match shown on UTV (Down v Dublin) and also he presented the BBC's Championship programme? Hardly a bigot

I didn't say he was a bigot Tony.

I did say he was a p***k though, never liked him.

You can though, no problem with that.

michaelg

Quote from: The Subbie on March 31, 2015, 11:30:51 PM

Jackie is still amongst the living as far as I know, he usually wanders around the ether that is BBC sport "ni" that thinks sport consists of men's hockey, a few mervyns racing their Talbot sunbeams at nutts corner and distillery vs ards in the Antrim shield or some such nonsense,all the while desperately coat tailing anyone or anything that hints of the "mainland" & basks in their glow as they pat Jackie & co on the back and tell them what a great wee province they have here.

Don't get me started on "winker" f**king Watson, another flat earther that is oblivious to the most attended sport within his broadcast region.
The situation you explain above is about 20 years out of date - There is now thorough coverage of GAA and the ROI football team on both local channels.  Funny how you only mention Watson and Fullerton etc, and make no mention of presenters from the Nationalist community.  Strange that. 

The Subbie

Quote from: michaelg on April 01, 2015, 07:35:10 AM

The situation you explain above is about 20 years out of date - There is now thorough coverage of GAA and the ROI football team on both local channels.  Funny how you only mention Watson and Fullerton etc, and make no mention of presenters from the Nationalist community.  Strange that. 

So by your metric Michael the BBC  issued a new policy statement in or around 1995 that GAA and the ROI football team would get "thorough" coverage, I must have missed that  whilst filtering my way through the men's hockey results and the latest excitement from the monster truck demolition derby in Nutts corner....

Are you seriously trying to tell me that the ulster club championship is given as much coverage as the irish league? Men's hockey? Women's hockey? despite the attendances from the three combined not coming close to matching one half significant GAA match.

Anyway winker Watson is still a w**ker. So's Jackie.

Applesisapples

Quote from: michaelg on March 30, 2015, 09:47:05 PM
Quote from: trileacman on March 30, 2015, 09:43:00 PM
Quote from: michaelg on March 30, 2015, 09:35:39 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 30, 2015, 09:11:55 PM
Petty and all as it seems, yes probably. Rugby has had several generations of getting used to their situation.
Fair enough.  By the way, GSTQ is a damp squib at Windsor with loads not singing.  Embarassing I think too perhaps for players from Unionist community when their teammate is looking at floor when anthem is being played.  You should give it a go when new stadium is built.  You might enjoy it.  If nothing else,you will get to see quality footballers on your doorstep for about £30 a ticket and support team from both sides of community.

Could you imagine the f**king rioting if they lost GSTQ? You think taking down the flag on city hall was bad, imagine how'd they take losing the anthem and all.
You might be surprised.  Significant proportion of support in favour of having a NI sporting anthem.
They would need to drop the loyalist rag as well

Canalman

If a county PRO promptly emailed club SFC results into any news agency I guarantee they would be broadcasted.

Never ever underestimate how favourably those in the media view news items/ sports results handed to them on a plate and which make their job easier.

michaelg

Quote from: The Subbie on April 01, 2015, 08:51:58 AM
Quote from: michaelg on April 01, 2015, 07:35:10 AM

So by your metric Michael the BBC  issued a new policy statement in or around 1995 that GAA and the ROI football team would get "thorough" coverage, I must have missed that  whilst filtering my way through the men's hockey results and the latest excitement from the monster truck demolition derby in Nutts corner....

Are you seriously trying to tell me that the ulster club championship is given as much coverage as the irish league? Men's hockey? Women's hockey? despite the attendances from the three combined not coming close to matching one half significant GAA match.

Anyway winker Watson is still a w**ker. So's Jackie.
What exactly do you expect? Local sports bulletins exclusively covering Gaelic Games?  Incidentally, I never said that the Ulster Club Championship got as much coverage as the Irish League.  It does, however, get regular coverage with highlights and features relating to those clubs progressing well in the competition.  Funnily enough, the highlights tend to be shown on a Sunday after the matches have been played.  i.e. The same way that the goals from the IL are shown in the round-up on a Saturday afternoon after the 'soccer' games have been played.  As for your nonsense about coverage of hockey, they pretty much simply call out the scores at the end of the Final Score from NI programme on a Saturday.

Anyway, you seemed to have missed out one key word from your final sentence.

Orior

Quote from: michaelg on April 01, 2015, 05:06:38 PM

What exactly do you expect? Local sports bulletins exclusively covering Gaelic Games?  Incidentally, I never said that the Ulster Club Championship got as much coverage as the Irish League.  It does, however, get regular coverage with highlights and features relating to those clubs progressing well in the competition.  Funnily enough, the highlights tend to be shown on a Sunday after the matches have been played.  i.e. The same way that the goals from the IL are shown in the round-up on a Saturday afternoon after the 'soccer' games have been played.  As for your nonsense about coverage of hockey, they pretty much simply call out the scores at the end of the Final Score from NI programme on a Saturday.

Anyway, you seemed to have missed out one key word from your final sentence.

BBC NI is much better than any of the commercial radio stations. For example, U105 will often annouce English County cricket scores, but not club championship nor county minor results.

To be fair Jackie Fullofhimself is a kindly soul and no harm to anyone. Maybe Jerome Q can offer some more insight to the goings on at the BBC.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians