Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Taylor on July 03, 2017, 04:43:42 PM
Disagree Skeog.
Down bring a physical game, full of passion but very little actual football talent.

Tell me who on that Down team would get on our team?

Armagh are v poor and Monaghan were caught on an off day.

Don't like to be complacent but I find myself in agreement with Taylor.  Tyrone should do a job on Down in the Ulster final.  Kerry trounced a poor Cork side, that is now the level of performance required by Tyrone.   If you said to MH at the start of the year you will have Down in the Ulster Final he would of took your hand off.  MH will deliver another title that he can add to his CV and make his case for an extension to his term as manager.

Tyrone then will have to beat a Kerry/Mayo/Dublin to show that progression
Living the dream!!!

Fuzzman

Shhhhhh.... Tyrone GAA
Comments like that will bring out you know who.

omagh_gael

Mickey Harte confirmed Colly Cavanagh got injured st the weekend but scans have revealed no cruciate damage. He said it's an impact injury and he should be ok for the final.

Taylor

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 03, 2017, 05:50:23 PM
Shhhhhh.... Tyrone GAA

??

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Taylor on July 03, 2017, 07:25:57 PM
Shhhhhh.... Tyrone GAA

??

Think he's talking about those critical of MH and his future position as Manager.  I have to say I was sceptical after the way we finished our league campaign and the past few years.  However I'm happy to say the football we have played to date has me back in MH's camp and hopefully he can lead us to success at Croke Park.
Living the dream!!!

WT4E

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 04, 2017, 09:21:27 AM
Shhhhhh.... Tyrone GAA

??

Think he's talking about those critical of MH and his future position as Manager.  I have to say I was sceptical after the way we finished our league campaign and the past few years.  However I'm happy to say the football we have played to date has me back in MH's camp and hopefully he can lead us to success at Croke Park.

I'm starting to sway back into the MH camp but I still think he needs to beat one of the  so called top 3 teams to show progress this year.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: WT4E on July 04, 2017, 09:23:26 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 04, 2017, 09:21:27 AM
Shhhhhh.... Tyrone GAA

??

Due to the draw the only way he is going to do that is by beating the number 1 side Dublin. Won't get an opportunity to play the other two of the top three unless take out the Dubs. Hopefully we can get through the next two games and get a crack at them.

Southtyronegael and his mates will be back after the next defeat whenever that happens to be.

I'm starting to sway back into the MH camp but I still think he needs to beat one of the  so called top 3 teams to show progress this year.

longballin

Only top team he has beat in the championship since 2008 is Donegal who were more defensive than his setup last year and useless this year. Though Tyrone have been much more attacking this year. Still can't see them beat Kerry or Dublin and Mayo seem to have the jinx on them. Maybe Mayo this time if they meet. To win All Ireland will have to beat Kerry and Dublin as they are on opposite side of semi-finals assuming Dubs win Leinster.

Taylor

If MH was gone, who realistically would replace him that would be able to surpass what he is currently delivering?

Because there is no point in getting someone new in just to deliver a status quo

Fuzzman

Mickey doesn't see himself as leaving anyway.
From the Irish Indo

Mickey Harte has no doubt he will be managing Tyrone beyond this summer.

Harte is in the last year of his current agreement with the county board, the first time that has happened in his 15-year reign, which prompted speculation this year would be his last.

However Harte, attempting to win a sixth Ulster SFC title on Sunday week, insists: "I've never believed that it should be and I don't believe that it will be.

"It doesn't feel like that to me, I don't even think that way," said the three-time All-Ireland winning manager.

"Lots of other people might feel or think that it should be my last year but with the help of God it won't be and I'll still be around here to proceed with what I'm doing at the minute."

In hiding

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 04, 2017, 10:48:37 AM
From the Irish Indo

Harte is in the last year of his current agreement with the county board, the first time that has happened in his 15-year reign, which prompted speculation this year would be his last.

However Harte, attempting to win a sixth Ulster SFC title on Sunday week, insists: "I've never believed that it should be and I don't believe that it will be.

"It doesn't feel like that to me, I don't even think that way," said the three-time All-Ireland winning manager.

"Lots of other people might feel or think that it should be my last year but with the help of God it won't be and I'll still be around here to proceed with what I'm doing at the minute."

You gotta love his humility

Tyrone Gaa

From the Irish Indo

Its perhaps that untouchable attitude that doesn't sit well with the county board/committee.  MH has to sit up and note that his request for an extended period of management was rejected.  If Tyrone keep performing well I don't see the need for any change.  But like other contributors have mentioned one loss or poor performance and the knives will be out.   

I have never publically criticised MH nor will I, he has brought us great success, but he isn't untouchable either. 
Living the dream!!!

Taylor

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 04, 2017, 11:11:46 AM
From the Irish Indo

Its perhaps that untouchable attitude that doesn't sit well with the county board/committee.  MH has to sit up and note that his request for an extended period of management was rejected.  If Tyrone keep performing well I don't see the need for any change.  But like other contributors have mentioned one loss or poor performance and the knives will be out.   

I have never publically criticised MH nor will I, he has brought us great success, but he isn't untouchable either.

Agree - no one should be untouchable but we have to be realistic if/when replacing him.

We should be looking to go to the next level if/when this happens - there is no point changing to stay the same or even regress

Fuzzman

I think it's important to know are the players happy with how things are going and their relationship with Mickey.

Rumours tend to circulate when things are not going well whereas there does seem to be a positive feeling this year that we have moved away a bit from the very defensive ponderous attacking system and find ourselves in a consecutive Ulster final with a great chance to put back to back Ulster titles.
Most of us agree that we should win that game and so it's very hard to argue Mickey has built another successful team. It would be brave to not give him a new contract having won back to back Ulsters, even if we do go on to lose to Dublin or Kerry.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 04, 2017, 11:28:01 AM
I think it's important to know are the players happy with how things are going and their relationship with Mickey.

Rumours tend to circulate when things are not going well whereas there does seem to be a positive feeling this year that we have moved away a bit from the very defensive ponderous attacking system and find ourselves in a consecutive Ulster final with a great chance to put back to back Ulster titles.
Most of us agree that we should win that game and so it's very hard to argue Mickey has built another successful team. It would be brave to not give him a new contract having won back to back Ulsters, even if we do go on to lose to Dublin or Kerry.

That may well be the case, but it will come down to the manner of the defeat.  If it was a close encounter that could of swung either way then id fully expect Micky will be supported, however if we were embarrassed say 5/6 + and never looked like we could compete then back to back Ulsters may not be enough.
Living the dream!!!